Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

6 YEAR TOLERANCE BREAK

- Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:38:38 EST EddSMEJE No.29757
File: 1519169918507.png -(800412B / 781.65KB, 490x1015) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 6 YEAR TOLERANCE BREAK
Does anyone here have experience with "recovering" from drug addiction?

There was a 3 year period when I was 16 where I fucked my life up, was just absolutely zooted on everything I could get my hands on. Weed, alcohol, dust-off, benzos, Adderall, all sorts of shit. I got a few underage charges and eventually ended up in the psyc ward, all sorts of fun stuff. I attribute most of this to an untreated anxiety disorder that I never got help for, as well as bad parenting, etc. Couldn't stop, didn't want to stop. No goals in life, just wanted to be ass blasted on drugs 24/7

That was 6 years ago, eventually I got shipped off to a halfway house in one of those AA towns after my parents kicked me out for the 3824th time. I drank the AA kool-aid and did that whole gambit. Got a few years under my belt, sponsored people, did those weird psyc ward commitments. Anyway, after realizing the cult-like behavior I stopped going to those meetings. I've got a pretty decent life for myself now, got my own place, about to get my bachelors degree, I'm in shape, etc. Life couldn't be better.

But man, do I miss weed.

I have all of the AA jargon stuck in my head, but I'm really starting to doubt all of that is true. I'm sure there are people who need to remain sober for the rest of their lives, but I just can't believe every single one of those shmucks is gonna start cramming fentanyl up their assholes if they take a sip of beer.

I don't plan on doing it anytime soon, but does anyone have experience with this sort of thing or know anyone?

I don't know if I'm thinking for myself or if this is just my "disease" talking.
>>
Augustus Sillysark - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 15:45:40 EST V5oLH/B9 No.29791 Reply
1520714740917.png -(94895B / 92.67KB, 966x490) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29757
Its a drug. Just like alcohol and coffee etc. Does something, you need more of it with time. When you quit your get withdrawal. For most people its not a problem. For some it can be. Im 3 weeks clean off weed. Im not stopping forever, just for another month or two. Use your own judgement. As long as it doesnt have long term side effects and not addictive. But with your history, only you can make that decision.
>>
Shit Nirrydock - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 17:44:54 EST WHAfCSMi No.29792 Reply
1520804694169.gif -(497987B / 486.32KB, 475x347) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29757
I came back to smoking after a 4 year t break and I've honestly let it fuck my life up quite a bit. Prior to that though I would binge drink so it seems a little better from a health stand point.

Nobody knows you better than you, and if you think there's a chance you will devolve into a steveo like creature and stall in your life progress I would say don't chance it. If you think you can consume responsibly though and have real resolve and maturity then give it a try
>>
Archie Turveylock - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:24:19 EST rYIIdhhG No.29796 Reply
1520972659737.jpg -(86693B / 84.66KB, 540x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Weed isn't really that bad for you although I know guys who smoked it since they were 16 and are now 16 year olds trapped in the bodies of 30-40 year olds. I mean guys who turned out like pic related. I don't know many people who were lifelong smokers and didn't become burn outs. Maybe my Uncle since he had his own business and shit but there's exceptions. I wouldn't want to be 40 years old and still blazing weed.
>>
Fuck Grandham - Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:14:48 EST SVM1seDK No.29803 Reply
I'm an ex alcoholic/heroin/meth/crack addict. I've been off methadone for over 6 years now. I've had a few slip ups, but no major relapses. I still smoke weed, but I don't do anything else. I don't even drink caffeine. I went to NA meetings before when I was forced to while attending mandatory drug classes. It's cool they work for other people, but they just aren't for me. Some people there are fucking retarded and brainwashed as hell. I would catch shit for still smoking weed and being an atheist that doesn't believe in a "higher power" while these fuckers were pounding caffeine and chain smoking cigarettes. The "work the steps or die" mentality is beyond retarded. Those close minded fucks don't realize that different things work for different people. When I finally quit for good, I did it because I was sick of the life. Every other time I tried to stop, it was because other people wanted me to like the pigs, friends, and family. Relocating to a new place really helped me as well. I know people that are better off living that NA life, and I don't hate on them, but sometimes they still give me shit for doing things my way and say that I'll relapse soon even though I have more clean time than them. You just gotta figure out what works for you and stick with it. Some people are stronger willed than others.
>>
Fuck Grandham - Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:16:37 EST SVM1seDK No.29804 Reply
>>29796
I blame hip hop culture for people that turn out that way more than I blame weed or drugs. I know sober people that still dress like that because they are brainwashed by mainstream rap.
>>
Simon Chishhood - Sat, 31 Mar 2018 19:52:04 EST n7VdvLnw No.29834 Reply
>>29796

plenty of people are born stupid, some of them happen to smoke weed
>>
Dirk - Wed, 04 Apr 2018 18:14:58 EST 7eeG3EFO No.29841 Reply
Lol yeah blame it on anxiety. Doing drugs (even just your harmless weed) at a young age is a big reason why there is so many young people struggling with anxiety and deppression. It's like fat people having back pain really.
Stay away from drugs OP, you fucked it up.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.