Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Alcohol moderation thread

- Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:01:33 EST oGVyIvhg No.29956
File: 1529341293492.jpg -(111046B / 108.44KB, 600x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Alcohol moderation thread
I'm no quitter. But I'm coming off of a bender that was pretty great. I'm now in my second day of moderation.
>>
Cedric Wommerlock - Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:43:31 EST iZKj+iwz No.29957 Reply
I know that feel. It will be rough. I came down from drinking 6-8 deciliters of vodka (20-27 oz for you amerifags) + 12-16 beers (thats 6-8 liters (1,5-2,1 gallon)) a day to drinking 2dl vodka + 4 beers a day. It was a weeks long process, and now i have put down even that tapered dosage. The taper was worth it, WDs was pretty bearable, i'm sweating right now and depressed, but the mild shakes and mild hallucinations have gone away. Also had no seizure.

When in the past i quitted cold turkey, I was painfully shaking and jerking very hard, sweated liters of very foul smelling cold sweat, i was literally swimming in sweat. Projectile vomiting and raging diarrhea. Constant stinging, rubbing painful feeling on my skin, random painful aches in my limbs and internal organs. Full blown delirium and a little psychosis too, voices were constantly talking, shouting, screaming in my head, shadow people, random, very-fast changing imagery in my mind, and a 10 second loop of a song that played in my head for days that drove me crazy. And last but not least i had a nice epillepsy seizure when i lost my mind, fell on the ground and vigorously shaked while i couldn't open my mouth and felt like i cant breathe.

So moderation is worth it, but it still be hard, you will have to deal with the mild form of WDs for a long time, but that's better then the heavy form from cold turkey.
>>
Nicholas Pittfuck - Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:56:09 EST G1aVshVp No.29966 Reply
>>29957
You're an outlier. I've never even heard of anyone tapering down and stopping with alcohol without it turning into yet another binge.
>>
Thomas Demmlelack - Fri, 22 Jun 2018 01:08:16 EST osOBw04Q No.29970 Reply
>>29966
Eh, I have had to do something important in a week two weeks or whatever and had to stop within a few days to get things right. Then not drink for a few months.

Or just as well, say, gotta give it a break. Then starting again,can be back to previously left off in a day or so. Alcohol can be or pretty horrible drug.

Evening drinking at night and having to work the next day, feel sick all day, then after work drink a few and feel right again, not ill. The do it all over again.

The days of sharing a 6 12 pack with a few friends, smoke a bit on a Friday night,
those seemed to be over years ago. Going to sleep around midnight with a kinda nice buzz thinking about things.
>>
Cyril Claffinglin - Fri, 23 Nov 2018 22:11:29 EST zMKhBVx3 No.30249 Reply
Have been working on moderation. I used to just have two or three shots every night to decompress, but I've worked my way up to ten or so. It's become rough very quickly. This week has been an improvement. I've worked back down to about 5 drinks, and I plan on continuing to scale back. I want to get down to just a few shots, and then none nights before work and only drinking moderately on the weekend. I just can't stand feeling like absolute shit all the time anymore.
>>
Nigel Honningdud - Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:49:47 EST 6FvdO/Lk No.30251 Reply
nice job OP, I support your alcohol soberness
>>
Ebenezer Duckwater - Sun, 03 Mar 2019 02:32:41 EST sJUofZl7 No.30279 Reply
have some kickback/backup in case start feeling weird,
>>
Lillian Mungerlure - Sun, 03 Mar 2019 02:44:54 EST 3JQcU2a6 No.30280 Reply
I was a junkie for the longest time. I've always been off and on with alcohol and never had much trouble "quitting" beyond a sleepless night or two.
About 2 months ago I started getting chest pains so I stopped smoking and taking kratom and all that fun stuff. I noticed that alcohol gave me some pretty cool hypotension so I started drinking pretty heavy.
I'm a 30 rack per day deep now so now I'm kinda scared. Have an appointment for my heart in a couple days. Wish me luck.
>>
Fanny Greenshit - Sun, 03 Mar 2019 23:28:51 EST yo59Frw9 No.30283 Reply
>>30280
there are drugs that work the same as kicking h or whatever opiates, that makes one not crave alcohol so much. yea smoking cigs, kick those. Seek counselling with the drugs. mirtazapine works great for sleep, yea using alcohol for sleep is a horrible solution for sleep

ones heart will get bad 'feeling' with heavy drinking, need to test you liver and pancreas with heavy drinking
>>
Cyril Bardspear - Fri, 12 Apr 2019 02:45:11 EST gPtZreQW No.30315 Reply
>>30280
30 or so beers a day is way too much. You can get by with 40 per night and work or something during the day. If anything, reset your drinking amounts to minimal in comparison. One may notice they can actually get by pretty well with a strong buzz
or fair buzz and sleep. Without kinda compulsively drinking massive amounts of alcohol just because it's there. One thing is, there is always a point where alcohol, may not be available.
>>
Thomas Murdman - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 13:27:26 EST P6r5GixG No.30317 Reply
1555176446845.jpg -(62714B / 61.24KB, 876x678) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I strongly recommend you lads to get a prescription for naltrexone. Order it online from an Indian pharmacy if you have to

It's cut down my average drinks per week from 100+ to less than 14. Doing SMART recovery alongside the naltrexone helps too

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.