Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

cigarettes

- Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:54:25 EST G1aVshVp No.29965
File: 1529621665740.jpg -(18134B / 17.71KB, 270x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. cigarettes
How do you guys deal with the post smoking lack of attention, anxiety, depression, and boredom post smoking? After 5 months without smoking I realized I still felt like shit. Didn't feel as physically poisoned and sickly as being a chainsmoker, but still. Is this normal? It feels like a low grade version of how I've heard kicking heroin described. It's bad enough I'm almost considering going back just to feel more with it and productive again.
>>
Thomas Demmlelack - Fri, 22 Jun 2018 00:41:28 EST osOBw04Q No.29968 Reply
>>29965
I started smoking after quitting, but when I did quit it was basically I have to quit. A 7 day goal, 3 days 4 days I said well I'm here. I quit and reinforced this with strenuous exercise. Well kinda. It just got better day after day. Stopped for years. Started again, said, I don't need this. Stopped. Smoking for me caused more anxiety, don't have a smoke, anxiety, smoke anxiety. Just when you feel like smoking, go for a long walk or whatever instead. Good for the head.
>>
Augustus Pogglecocke - Sat, 30 Jun 2018 02:16:50 EST oavMyfRd No.29991 Reply
I just quit smoking and I feel great, but yeah, still distracted, kinda not super sharp feeling. I haven't smoked weed in a bit either, but I might be in a more 420 friendly situation in the future, potentially. It could either be a more grounding, creative, spiritual thing, or a more destabilizing thing.... I'm also worried it would drop my inhibition and I would smoke cigs again.
>>
Jenny Blackspear - Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:33:04 EST du3F/EpA No.30088 Reply
I literally don't know how people can smoke when you know how it fucks up your body. Like, okay you maybe you don't want kids, smell really fucking bad, literally destroy your lungs which makes you out of breath after running for 10 seconds, die 10 years earlier than the average person, and risk a huge chance of getting a serious illness. And probably much more. Like dude spend that money on fucking Yu-Gi-Oh cards or someshit
>>
John Clusslefoot - Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:49:10 EST LPU00OTd No.30089 Reply
>>30088
you are stupid, its an addiction, ever heard of it?
>>
Sidney Worthingdock - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:05:29 EST iyxJnw7G No.30103 Reply
>>30089
Tobacco industry makes tobacco more addictive. It is more of a Mental conditioning
through chemistry. Jump in the car, light up a cig, do this light up, do that, light up.

I think tobacco is addictive, but it's the 'addiction.' If I were to light up a cig right now, I could be just plain a smoker again. If I do not light one up, I am not
going to be geared to smoking.

It is mostly mental conditioning. That and along with addictive properties of
nicotine.

Took forever but got my brother to not just light up once he got in the car.
Sure he got hostile at the mere suggestion of waiting a mere 5 10 minutes to light up.

Just quit and deal with the consequences of not smoking. I liken it to being ill for a week, as a way to look at just quitting.
>>
Gerald Lumberballs - Sun, 26 Aug 2018 20:10:52 EST hZlRJPtw No.30112 Reply
I've been an on and off sm=oker for about 6 years. My trick to finally quit is cutting way back on alcohol (basically never drinking enough to get drunk) and running. The running really keeps me in check. I am way more conscious of my lungs now and I don't want to fuck that up. Just keep yourself busy with something else. I do compensate with snuff but that's fine with me
>>
Hedda Bepperhood - Tue, 28 Aug 2018 02:07:41 EST IOuVDUzI No.30113 Reply
>>30112
>The running really keeps me in check. I am way more conscious of my lungs
>now and I don't want to fuck that up.

I usually rode my nike first thing i woke up, after all the morning routines another mile. Or rode 15 miles. One cig, I likened to setting me back to almost square one. Or at least set back a week.
Smoking weed was my get away from smoking cigs card. Clean Mexican weed. Always consistent. Never made my lings feel heavy or whatever. Now smoking a cig, it's all over for the day, or at least hours. It (tobacco) really does fuck with your thinking processes.

I got help to quit by watching co-workers, associates before/after they would light up a cig.
Their personalities would change dramatically. One woman I knew was smoking, talking on the phone and the smoke was going right into her toddlers face. i asked her to smoke outside
or move s few feet over. She got all raggged and "my hous" my right to smoke, bla bla bla. i tried to explain, but he didn't smoke himself.

She moved outside for a moment or two, and came back in to be angry and sit right back to where the smoke went right into her child's face. Ok, moreso, you could see when he inhaled, the smoke going into his nose and mouth when he breathed, the light was shining just right to see that. ohh, perfect scenario for anti-smoking campaign. I mean like the
people who breath through a hole in their throat. One woman semi-relation to an associate would smoke through her
hole. My dads girlfrind ended up coughing, splattering blood everywhere. Was on oxygen 24/7. The list goes on.

>Just keep yourself busy with something else.

I say put as much effort into activities to not smoke as one does to smoke. I would kinda think the efforts to not smoke/activities pay off a lot better in the short and long term.

>I do compensate with snuff but that's fine with me

I like those flavored silver tins of snuff. Hate blowing the stuff out of my nose when it is used up. Linda relaxing in comparison to smoking though.
>>
John Clepperspear - Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:22:30 EST p8wgo5ss No.30121 Reply
>>30089
He's not talking about the addiction phase, obviously it's hard to quit at that point. He's talking about when people first start smoking, despite hearing about all of its bad effects and being previously warned not to. You can try and defend it, but there's no logical defense. It's just fucking stupid. Simple as that.
>>
Lillian Heblingferk - Mon, 03 Sep 2018 02:05:42 EST x6r76l6R No.30125 Reply
>>29965
Eh, just keep on with not smoking. Regardless. On my moms side of rality all of her friends she grew up with, all pretty much smoked. They are just plain dying left and right. Smoke and dye feeling like shit, or chance it and not smoke and eventually feel like everything is cool.
Stay away from people who smoke, that is what gets me suddenly feeing crappy, where smoking a cig would seem like things would feel Ok again.
>>
Cyril Mannerstotch - Sun, 09 Sep 2018 06:08:03 EST git3aj67 No.30129 Reply
>>30088
Peer pressure and suggestibility are strong things. It's not stupidity. It's just a lack of understanding of how strong the influences that affect us really are.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.