Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Has anyone quit guys and gal's

- Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:32:19 EST QWeDtNLX No.30136
File: 1536766339411.jpg -(72040B / 70.35KB, 717x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Has anyone quit guys and gal's
I haven't seen anyone in this forum say they have actually given up the drugs. All seem to be switching from one thing to another to cut back or give up something else, or to pass a drug test for employment. Maybe if one went straight there would be no need to come back here and say so. No one will congratulate you. The few 12 steppers are ridiculed for being brainwashed and/or in a cult although it may be said they stop if you believe them.
If I may give an opinion I'd say it's the dopers who are in a cult and you'll drink the 'cool aid'. The cult is the media. That song by the Kaiser Chiefs Never Miss a Beat says it all. Drugs do change your mood (emotions etc) and it is short term and wears off. But why not change yourselves. Long term and lasting. Anyone out there who has succeeded? How did you actually give up. I hear from psychologist friends that the success rate of stopping substance abuse is 2.5%. The 12 steppers say the long term is Jails institutions and death whereas in my experience most I have known simply become alcoholics and complain about how badly off and mistreated they are.
>>
Jenny Draddlesudge - Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:39:04 EST rByY0b28 No.30137 Reply
If you think that 12 steps isn't a temporary solution then I don't even know what to tell you, they are being ridiculed, sure - but not without a reason. Just look at the tactics they apply, all repeating the same shit, there are neither opinions nor facts there, just formulas everybody has to learn, like what you mentioned about going to jail or dying when you relapse, some of them can't even explain why it has to end like this. AA/NA totally miss the point in that whole recovery and addiction thing. Sure guys, keep bullshiting yourselves that it's some magic disease that some people have, some don't. They fail to realize that you should search for root of the problem and that dealing with it can be more benficial than just stopping to use drugs. They fail to see the connection between mental illnesses and addiction. Let's say someone has serious depression and anxiety problems, self-medicates with drugs. That person is now sober for some time. Still depressed, anxious, basically unable to live their life normally. So the benefits of quitting are more money and less physical health issues I guess? So they can live longer with their problems?

Sorry for the rant just felt like I have to post it somewhere. Only people I met who stopped doing all drugs for at least few months were the ones who were doing therapy, cut all contacts with users and dealers, moved to other towns and found a way to organize they free time so that they enjoy what they do instead of just filling it with anything just to have few more hours sober.
tl;dr - therapy, find a cause why you started using, treat meetings as additional support
>>
Observerperver - Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:05:18 EST ZASTjFXm No.30138 Reply
>>30137 Okay, but what I'm asking is has anyone on this forum actually given up 'drugs' for good or is the detox bit here a short term thing for getting off so called hard drugs or just passing a piss test to get a job. I don't doubt most 12 steppers leave the groups in time some quickly some with a few months or years and some remain, although probably few. I here Narcotics Anonymous has more meetings in Iran than the USA now. Any Iranians out there care to comment in English.
If anyone is in therapy how about some insights. Long termers, have you been on the psychiatric drugs long term.
>>
David Blannerwater - Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:46:30 EST YwZpcCaL No.30139 Reply
>>30138
What specific drug is running rampant in Iran? I'm curious now. Enlighten me.
>>
Observerperver - Fri, 14 Sep 2018 13:26:10 EST ZASTjFXm No.30140 Reply
>>30139 I believe it is smack from my recollections. I'll try and obtain more information if you wish although this may take a while due to my being extremely busy. But I can find out from Psych friends. Patience grasshopper..

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.