Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Tramadol Detox

- Mon, 06 May 2019 14:41:20 EST jzFEcV5d No.30356
File: 1557168080217.jpg -(86093B / 84.08KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Tramadol Detox
Today is day 1 in my attempt to kick this shit for good, decided to do it cold-turkey since tapering didn't work before.
Some background, been using for about 5yrs, last year the dose went up to 500mg daily. I'm diagnosed bipolar type 2 disorder so also taking 20mg of Valium and 75mg of Pregabalin daily (my doc doesn't know about the tramadol), not planning on quitting those soon.
Already took care of business and have the week off work so figured out this is the time to do it. Just came back from thr pharmacy and got me some loperamide, benadryl and parecetamol (heard it helps with cramps), also have some klonopin and prozac in my cabinet but will avoid them unless things get really ugly. Also got a big stash of strong weed to help.

What am I in for? So far its been 24hs since last pill so the ride has just begun.
Any tips? (I live in SA so no Kratom here)

Thanks
>>
Frederick Billinglock - Mon, 06 May 2019 15:13:38 EST rl4uHNmE No.30357 Reply
I've done opiate withdrawal cold turkey and that was hell - never really touched Tramadol myself, but I would expect the opiate withdrawal plus ssri like withdrawal too, which is most likely going to manifest in 'brain zaps' - Google those if you've never heard of them, I've suffered these from Venlafaxine (SNRI) before and they are weird as fuck! I wish you all the best tho - sounds like you have a plan for the week, stick to your guns, expect a really low mood and a fair bit of crying to yourself on top of the physical elements of detox - but remember this shit is only temporary and it will pass! You will feel soooooo much better once you pull through the other side trust me!! Keep this thread updated if you can - I would be really interested to know how it goes for you. You can do this!!
>>
Charles Bomblenene - Mon, 06 May 2019 15:35:07 EST jzFEcV5d No.30358 Reply
>>30357
Thanks a lot. I already experienced the brain zaps when I was misdiagnosed and they gave me Paxil (a terrible srri), hope the valium/lyrica help in that area.
So far no major symptoms appeared besides sweatiness and running nose but I'm kinda used to that (living in a tropical area helps). But I know in 72hs things might get ugly, just hope I'm functional by next week that I have to go back to work.
Will keep this post updated as long as I can.
>>
William Dundlefadging - Tue, 07 May 2019 09:00:34 EST jzFEcV5d No.30359 Reply
OP reporting in
Day 2/Night 1
Just got up after the first day of not taking it (more since the last dose). So far it went pretty smooth, didn't feel great but it wasn't hell which could be for 2 reasons:
-still remained in my system bcs of the many years doing it or
-I was buying really crappy ones and also never took them "properly" (would usually do all in the morning, last one after lunch) so I was having small WDs every day

Anyways, slept alright (glad to see valium and weed still work) and woke up with running nose and some muscle cramps but nothing terrible. I know the worse is yet to come but realized how shit of a drug tramadol is and have no cravings/desire to do again so that helps.
Everyone recomends tappering but will only do 1 if it gets REALLY bad. The lyrica/valium/weed + benadryl/parecetamol/loperamide combo seems to be working fine so far.
Will keep this updated
>>
Hugh Fendlestone - Tue, 07 May 2019 16:06:43 EST rl4uHNmE No.30360 Reply
>>30359
Glad to hear all is going pretty smooth for you so far. I think your mindset will help more than anything - the positivity and 'I am done' attitude will ease you through any possible cravings. I always found when I went into detox with this mindset, cravings wouldn't be an issue, and even if you go through a beating in the next few days, the starting point you had mentally will see you through. Glad to hear sleep has been ok for you so far, but expect this to perhaps become an issue as the detox goes on - my advice here would be just accept it and if you are lying there in the middle of the night not able to get comfortable, get up for 20 mins or so - do something relaxing and then try again. My worst mistake during my own detox was not accepting my own situation or what my body / mind was telling me! Keep it up!!
>>
William Dundlefadging - Tue, 07 May 2019 18:06:29 EST jzFEcV5d No.30361 Reply
>>30360
Spent most of the day watching a Lost marathon on TV, went out for some supplies and when I got home smoked a blunt and all hell broke loose, managed it with a valium and lyrica 25mg, accidentally made some music (which I'll analyze later) and that got my mind busy for a while.
Now I'm feeling the WD hitting hard, dizzy af, the classic flu-like symptoms and all that. lopes helped a lot for the stomach. Getting some mild brain-zaps and overall confussion.
Drank LOTs of water today so that might be a factor for the wd to finally kick-in hard as it's doing. But if I survived swine flu, paxil wd, salmonella, etc, etc I can get through this shit
Let's see how the night goes.
>>
Phineas Wodgestet - Wed, 08 May 2019 11:07:39 EST jzFEcV5d No.30364 Reply
Day 3 reporting in
Can't believe I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday, no idea whats going on but maybe the lyrica does wonders or something. Probably the pshysical symptoms of the WD are going away but my libido isn't back so probably the psychological ones are about to hit anytime soon, hope I can get through that.
Probably will report back tonight
>>
Cedric Buzzville - Wed, 08 May 2019 14:39:09 EST rl4uHNmE No.30365 Reply
>>30364
Keep it up! You're doing surprisingly well by the sounds of it - you prepared for a really tough time and the mental prep is paying off from what I'm reading! I don't know how bad the psychological part is going to be in the next few days for you, but what I can say is that with your mindset, you will do this and come through the other side proud
>>
Esther Hobberham - Wed, 08 May 2019 21:36:44 EST jzFEcV5d No.30368 Reply
>>30365
Thanks
Definitely the afternoon/night is being the ugliest part, I'm dizzy af and overall tired (and bored), the flu-symptoms seem to be going away but my head is a mess. Thankfully the day passed pretty fast (yesterday felt endless). Might have a 0.5mg klonopin and smoke some weed to chill enough to watch something on netflix, or at least end up watching crappy anime before sleep.
It's a weird feeling going grocery shopping and not thinking what to buy to potentiate the effects of trams, going back to my daily routine next week is going to be weird...
>>
Esther Hobberham - Thu, 09 May 2019 11:13:03 EST jzFEcV5d No.30369 Reply
Day 4:
The diarrea seems to be gone, overall feeling better but still dizzy af, I suffered from vertigo a few years back and was prescribed Cinarizine (yeah, it's a weird one), still have a lot left so just might take one. Clearly the ssri wd is starting to really kick in, I guess the lyrica is preventing the zaps (so far).
Guess the worst part of the opiate wd has already passed, started to feel really bored (usually I would just pop another tram when that happened) and since I made no plans have no idea what to do, but probably will leave the house for a while, at least to eat at my nearest McDonald's or go shopping.
It's nice not having to think how many pills are left in the drawer and going out pharmacy hopping like I used to.
I know depreasion might hit me like a rock (or not) next week but I'm so used to it that dont care, also have an appointment with my doc/psych next week for lyrica refill so we'll see how that goes
>>
Charles Gonkinhodging - Thu, 09 May 2019 15:39:40 EST rl4uHNmE No.30371 Reply
>>30369
Nice work! I would say you are on the home stretch - light exercise will keep you mentally strong btw, so taking a walk out and about is always a good idea.
>>
Charlotte Brookway - Fri, 10 May 2019 14:49:34 EST jzFEcV5d No.30374 Reply
Day 5:
Physical symptoms are gone, feeling "normal" overall. The bad news is that now some cravings have emerged, but maybe it's because my schedule is more "normal" and it's weird not popping 4 pills after lunch and that stuff.
Need to find something to do because staying at home isn't gonna help, but it's a rainy day so maybe I'll just have to roll a big blunt and install gentoo or something time-consuming like that. Already threw my remaining pill in the "shit drugs" bag I keep stored in the house.
Waiting for the SSRI wd to kick in, so far it hasn't been so bad, maybe Paxil wd broke my brain so bad that became inmune or in a constant wd-state since then, who knows...
From other experiences I read weeks 2-4 are the worst, but I'd rather baby-dose on prozac to taper
>>
Phoebe Gubbleville - Sat, 11 May 2019 14:05:07 EST jzFEcV5d No.30376 Reply
Day 6
The physical part lf the wd is over, but the hardcore dizziness that comes with SSRI wd kicked in HARD, tried some otc stuff for that with no results so decided it's time to start baby-dosing some Prozac. Took 1/4th of a 75mg pill and feeling slightly better, at least I can stand up and walk without bumping into everything.
Dont plan on doing prozac for an extended period, I know a full dose is just opening the door to another addiction so rather deal with being dizzy and baby-dosing until I feel stable enough to not need it anymore and taper it (it should be relatively easy since the dose is so small).
Will try to take a walk since the sun came out and it's a nice day outside, I'll see how far I can go
>>
Nathaniel Gengerlock - Sat, 11 May 2019 14:41:08 EST rl4uHNmE No.30377 Reply
>>30376
The Prozac should be fine - I dont wanna encourage you to swap one drug for another, but pure SSRI drugs like this only have a physical dependency effect on us rather than an addiction. If you went to see a doc for depression they would most likely put you on that, or another SSRI of a similar profile. The thing with your Tramadol use before, was it was sort of bridging as both a SSRI and an opiate. The opiate side of it being the main issue, as this is what causes the addiction issues. So basically, if prozac helps with the zaps I would say that's good! Perhaps see a gp about an SSRI longer term to help keep you leveled out and away from other stuff?
>>
Phoebe Gubbleville - Sat, 11 May 2019 15:56:15 EST jzFEcV5d No.30380 Reply
>>30377
Just came back from my walk, all I can say is, definitely prozac wasn't a good idea or leaving the house at all.
Dizzines stopped for a while but felt like shit and was pretty much "out of it" til I had to come home. Worst part was the supermarket and interacting in general. Kinda scared for monday when I'll have to return to work, dealing with my coworkers and figuring out how to explain to them that I will be dizzy af for a few weeks, when I quit paxil this shitty feeling lasted almost 2 months but I was working at home and my roomate helped me get through it. Hope this one lasts less.
Still haven't set the date for the appointment with my doc/psych. Not shure if I should come clean and tell him the whole story o just ask for a lyrica/valium refill. Those two meds helped A LOT during this week
>>
>>
Basil Mandlepat - Sun, 12 May 2019 17:51:10 EST jzFEcV5d No.30381 Reply
Day 7
So after my last post I decided to take my temperature and I had a slight fever. Took some paracetamol and just layed in bed until felt better and slept very well.
Today was MUCH better, except stomach cramps/diarrea (had to take some lopes), went to a local junk fair and it was gr8, got to interact with ppl and realized I can still be functional in this state.
This will probably be my last daily update, might check in frequently thou.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work, it's gonna be another day 1 but in a different way lol
>>
David Fullerwit - Mon, 13 May 2019 14:44:51 EST rl4uHNmE No.30382 Reply
>>30381
Great work man! You've been strong and committed to this all the way through - you should be proud of what you've achieved. Just make it your mission to make sure you dont relapse now. This is something I'm still working on myself, but I really hope I can stay clean this time. But yeah, just keep honest with yourself is all I can say. Well done tho, I'm really happy for ya!!
>>
Shit Burringford - Sat, 18 May 2019 10:58:54 EST jzFEcV5d No.30387 Reply
>>30382
Thanks
Now got through week 2, apparently there was some huge drama in my workplace so everyone was kinda weird in their own way the whole week, so it helped that no one noticed my overall mood. Cleaning up their mess kept me busy and days went fast, by wednesday my sleep cycle was back to normal and the next day lopes where not necessary anymore. Yesterday made peace/reconnected with an old friend who I haven't seen in years and it was gr8, came clean to him about my years of adiction and apologized for being an asshole last time. But the best thing was that he noticed the change in me before we even started the conversation.
Wont lie, felt some cravings to do a little tram recreatonally, but I know it's not a good idea. I know I wont get hooked again now that I'm familiar with the damage done but at this point it a rewind button that better stay broken (yeah, I'm old enough to remember shitty walkmans). Better get it out of my system 4good and as any snri, it's gonna be a few months.
But doing good so far, going outside and bonding with old friends isn't scary anymore. Specially if the grow strong weed lol
>>
Cornelius Dongerwore - Sat, 08 Jun 2019 10:28:34 EST jzFEcV5d No.30419 Reply
OP reporting 1 month later.
Still clean, physical symptoms seem to be gone, still waiting for my motivation an libido to come back but I guess that part can take some time, really hope they come back soon. Depression is there alright but realized that I gotten so used to it that it's something I can manage (and pregabalin works to keep it in check).
Last week decided to start working out and got a pretty bad flu the day after so fuck me, but I'll try again once I'm feeling better.
Still get some cravings, specially during the daytime when weed is not an option, but it doesn't affect me as much.
Came clean to a few friends but still haven't done so to my doctor, maybe on my next appointment in a few months. If for some reason he cuts me off the valium and lyrica things might get ugly, but I doubt he will do it.
>>
Cornelius Saffingsot - Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:35:25 EST zo0Jnfbb No.30432 Reply
1560465325912.jpg -(246631B / 240.85KB, 800x796) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
day ten with no booze.
this shit sucks but I am feeling better.
stay strong friends.
>>
Lillian Snodhall - Sat, 22 Jun 2019 04:01:03 EST EHecVJbz No.30449 Reply
>>30432
I kinda think, that drug use, put as much effert into not doing these, as one does doing them.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.