Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Kratom withdrawal

- Wed, 08 May 2019 20:16:36 EST 2281xTrj No.30367
File: 1557360996141.gif -(269677B / 263.36KB, 383x306) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Kratom withdrawal
Anyone else experience withdrawals coming off of kratom? I'm looking to quit, but it's been very difficult thus far as I've used it for a long time. It's to the point of waking up nearly every morning with a feeling of panic in my chest and back while sometimes coldsweating. I miss my xan connection, now that I could use them they're nowhere to be found lol
>>
Wesley Croshfield - Fri, 10 May 2019 14:36:06 EST rl4uHNmE No.30373 Reply
>>30367
Yes I have before - I used to wake up having vivid nightmares first thing in the morning and immediately feel horrible and anxious. Its different from opiate withdrawal but similar in lots of ways too. If I didn't re-dose, I would be horribly depressed and the anxiety wouldn't go either! If you are looking to quit, its defo possible and you absolutely can do it - but make sure you are ready to accomplish it. And DO NOT in any way get tempted by opiates to replace this. I didn't think I would do that, but hey - ended up on Heroin a few months after kicking Kratom. I'm now clean from it all except having to take buprenorphine every day via opiate substitution therapy.
>>
Lydia Fanfuck - Sat, 11 May 2019 10:08:49 EST 2281xTrj No.30375 Reply
>>30373
Thanks for your input, it's nice to hear that it isn't just in my head like my ex was insisting. I don't know how to prepare myself to really take the plunge back into total sobriety. I used xanax to help with the feeling of panic, but I don't have a reliable source to get them. Which, really, is probably a good thing since I know my dependency would not be defeated, just relocated to a different substance. I've dealt with anxiety and severe depression since I can remember and I'm afraid to open myself up to feeling those things again without the filter of a good kratom high.
>>
Nathaniel Gengerlock - Sat, 11 May 2019 14:50:14 EST rl4uHNmE No.30378 Reply
>>30375
I feel you man. I luckily dont suffer so much with anxiety, but I'm very familiar with long term depression! Some advice I can offer however - substance use of any sort seems to only result in short term relief from my symptoms, but I then end up paying the price with a full blown habit that needs kicking, and the realisation that my substance of choice is no longer giving me the relief it once did. Kratom was no different for me - it worked for a while, then tolerance builds, the side effect get worse over time, your life slowly starts being planned around when or how you next dose etc... It is defo worth kicking it man I 100% believe that. I've never been into benzos, but I hear benzo withdrawal is worse than opiate withdrawal! Having experienced heroin withdrawal a few times now, I cant imagine anything worse than that, so wow - xanax addiction worries the fuck outta me!! Just keep that in mind if you do end up hooking up with a contact...
>>
Nell Bardbanks - Tue, 04 Jun 2019 16:50:33 EST 1wucISbS No.30395 Reply
I use kratom as much as I can, although it's a two-edged sword.

At 2-4g per day I don't feel much withdrawal that I couldn't treat with something short term. I always have pregabalin in stock for the break days; if your GABA (alc/benz) situation is fairly neutral then pregabalin or gabapentin is the king for controlling kratom use.

Ashwagandha is also good for break days. If I can have a break day with just the help of ashwagandha then I can say I am fully in control of chronic condition (minor anxiety, mania, major insomnia).

Currently I'm not so good, been more or less binging on opioids and GABAnergics all May.

So that takes me to kratom, now I've been on 10g for three days. I want to taper fast and save kratom so today my recipe is 150mg pregabalin & 0.15mg suboxone. To go fully sober I should probably do like:
  • Wednesday 6g kratom & 10mg diazepam
  • Thursday 6g kratom & 150mg pregabalin
  • Friday 4g kratom & 150mg pregabalin
  • Saturday 3g kratom, few beers at day and later something to sleep. 2mg clonazepam maybe.
  • Sunday 3g + 3g kratom
  • Monday 3g kratom & 1mg clonazepam
  • Tuesday 150mg pregabalin
  • Wednesday morning 3g kratom & at night 25mg quatiepine
  • Thursday I swear I'm never doing quetiapine again
  • Friday 20g kratom lol
>>
Nell Bardbanks - Tue, 04 Jun 2019 17:16:33 EST 1wucISbS No.30396 Reply
>>30395
Some points on why my taper schedule looks weird and how you can plan yours:
  • If you binge on a single drug (like OP) then taper that down and kick it with something you're not dependent on. Rehab is sooooo much harder without a kicker aid.
  • If you binge on multiple drugs (like me) then rotate while tapering.
  • If you have many break days with the help of GABAnergics, consider that especially benzos build up on just 5 days of binging & will give you even weirder withdrawals.
  • Kratom as a short-acting opioid that is relatively easy to quit is a great baseline drug of choice. Use kratom more often than any withdrawal aids.
  • If you can score suboxone, just 0.2mg intranasally will definitely keep your mind off kratom for 24 hours. But use it very sparingly due to the long half-life. People who do 1mg or more daily are in for a difficult taper.
  • Tell your doctor about kratom dependence and they will give you oxazepam or some other short-acting easy going benzo (if you don't have a GABA addiction) or quetiapine (last resort for fuck-ups like me).
>>
Clara Boffingfig - Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:16:55 EST abCl1dSf No.30438 Reply
>>30396
Managed to have some clean days but sad to see this board is so slow...

I didn't have to resort to quetiapine, didn't get hooked on benzos and didn't do over 5g of kratom, because 3g just hits so hard at a 36h per day schedule.

Still man, it's so hard to imagine life without CNS depressants. A couple beers does the trick if I'm sleep deprived, but otherwise I feel like I don't ever want to go back to my manic sober self and the only thing keeping me happy is a mild dose of opioids or benzodiazepines.

Also my kratom supply has drained so I'm resorting to Akuamma since it's legal. I've heard it's not as euphoric as kratom but if it's like a short-acting version of buprenorphine, I'll be happy.
>>
Ebenezer Babberdock - Mon, 17 Jun 2019 14:55:43 EST rl4uHNmE No.30439 Reply
>>30438
Sorry to hear you're still struggling man. I've been clean (well on bupe maintenance) since 1st May and have to say life is ok for me. I feel sober despite the maintenance, and although I feared that before jumping off full opiates - I'm definitely doing a lot better for it! I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is life without CNS depressants - if you can muster the strength I highly recommend you give it a shot (along with some other forms of therapy) and see how it goes...
>>
Alice Nicklecocke - Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:51:24 EST TeXXjA7H No.30442 Reply
>>30439
I can relate, of course no one really needs the rush or high of full opioid agonists, but even bupe maintenance is a sort of a trap. Of course if you're on legit maintenance you can travel and stuff, so more power to you man!

I also have bupe just to have a backup thing in case I run out of kratom, but since my situation isn't that bad I'm not on a programme. An 8mg pill has lasted me almost 1 year now, and I take about 0.3mg whenever it comes to that, maybe once a month or so. I prefer regular kratom because I know the withdrawal will be 2 days + some extra instead of 4 days + months of PAWS that you're in for when kicking regular bupe...

Thanks for the reply, it helps to put things in perspective.
>>
Alice Pabblecocke - Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:01:01 EST rl4uHNmE No.30443 Reply
>>30442
Yeah I know what you mean about the bupe - I'm a little bit worried about how hard coming off will be. This is the first time I've been in legit treatment and using bupe, so I've got no reference point - but I have faced full WD's from Heroin and Oxy cold turkey before, so I guess it cant be worse than that? Physical symptoms I can deal with, it's the mental stuff that screws me over more than anything! Depression, anxiety, insomnia are just horrible! Anyway I'm glad you are feeling a bit better about your own situation. Just keep rolling with it and stay honest with yourself. You've got this shit beaten my man!
>>
Thomas Hemmlechit - Sat, 22 Jun 2019 01:32:01 EST 9uiaseB8 No.30447 Reply
>>30443
Yeah bupe will be easy to kick if you've faced oxy & H withdrawals. Bupe withdrawals will last longer but they're for sure more gentle, and because it's so long acting and active at low doses, you can taper ultra low conveniently.

I received my akuamma capsules and they seem to work real neatly.
I don't really have physical withdrawals at this point of the taper but akuamma works just great for insomnia, since it's not as stimmy as kratom. Also it doesn't shrink my pupils (just like loperamide) so I think alot of the effects stay in the digestive track. That again is great for my IBS and since akuamma is way more medicinal than recreational, it's great for rehab purposes.

Shit's also legal so I recommend it to everyone on this board
>>
Hamilton Hazzledock - Sat, 22 Jun 2019 19:40:52 EST VzQ6AcuS No.30450 Reply
Go to a psychiatrist for xanax if you're having panic attacks. holy shit
>>
Eliza Dreggleville - Sun, 23 Jun 2019 06:22:30 EST rl4uHNmE No.30451 Reply
>>30450
The one thing I will say about xanax is that it's another addictive substance... I mean you're right and all, but in my personal opinion, treating Opi withdrawal symptoms with an equally addictive different class of drug is not always the best option. Everyone is different tho so I know some people can and do use xanax for this reason. I just felt like I needed to point out the drawbacks on that advice to balance the argument...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.