Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

stigma against daily use

- Wed, 15 May 2019 10:56:49 EST 3yFaX8Q9 No.30383
File: 1557932209409.jpg -(236190B / 230.65KB, 892x892) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. stigma against daily use
Why is there a stigma against non-social drug use i.e. using alone, in school or at work?

A girl who liked weed and cocaine was saying I shouldn't be taking pills (was taking tablets of valium) in school. Not overdoing it obviously and I wasn't acting fucked up but there's still judgement. Why?

The same even with alcohol. I can understand when operating machinery but what's wrong with taking 1mg pill before a test?
>>
Ebenezer Hondernuck - Wed, 15 May 2019 15:22:08 EST rl4uHNmE No.30384 Reply
Hmm interesting point. I think the stigma comes from too much of any one thing is bad for you. Funnily enough, people drink coffee daily - no stigma attached to caffeine tho, so it does seem to be more to do with substances that have more potential for abuse I guess. In some ways, I kind of like the stigma - as someone who struggles with opiate addiction, knowing that society will judge me for fucking up and relapsing does give me some accountability and focus for staying clean. The same can be said for other classes of drugs too
>>
Nell Bardbanks - Tue, 04 Jun 2019 17:27:00 EST 1wucISbS No.30397 Reply
>>30384
The stigma applies to downers for very good reasons 1) dependence and 2) withdrawal that contains crying, twitching, hallucinations and insomnia.

Quitting coffee cold turkey just makes you tired and unable to focus. Same applies to amphetamines although quitting that shit might give you depression so bad that it's a few sick days. But not like earth is shaking sick days you get from opioids for 3 days or from benzos for up to a month.
>>
Wesley Giggleham - Thu, 06 Jun 2019 09:46:26 EST gbuZg/D3 No.30401 Reply
People hate those who are weak more than anything. Taking drugs for fun every now and then is fine, but when you go around doing it all the time people assume it's because it's a crutch that you need in order to get through life. You will be treated like scum for your weakness.
>>
Cyril Chankinman - Thu, 06 Jun 2019 15:40:52 EST rl4uHNmE No.30403 Reply
>>30401
I'm not so sure about this - I mean certain people will do for sure, but in general I dont think that's the general perception? But like with anything, we are all human and will all form opinions of others - or in this case, their substance abuse. I think its just human nature to judge and compare to those around you

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.