Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Ket addict to ultra runner on ketogenic diet

- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 22:59:04 EST 00eHmqeF No.30496
File: 1563677944315.png -(4470001B / 4.26MB, 2557x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Ket addict to ultra runner on ketogenic diet
Seen this? He touches on a really important principle, that if you want to stop doing some kind of thing you need to find a suitable replacement. In his case he replaced a ket habit with ultra running and a specific diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q
>>
George Perringmad - Sun, 21 Jul 2019 15:27:03 EST rl4uHNmE No.30497 Reply
Its defo interesting - but take it back a layer and this person has just swapped one extreme lifestyle for another. Whilst there's always an argument that a healthy addiction is better than a bad one, in my personal opinion and own experience, it's more about finding the right balance between everything... I cant recommend enough to people that replacing their using of a substance with a new hobby / activity is the way to go, but when I initially did this myself- I ended up focusing in on that thing so much it kinda started also having negative effects on my life! I'm talking things like going to the gym, running, fucking jigsaw puzzles at one point!! So yeah - this person has done something that's worked for them, but my guess is they still haven't dealt with the root cause of their addictive behaviour.
>>
Priscilla Horringfire - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 04:27:19 EST 00eHmqeF No.30498 Reply
>>30497
I'm in doubt that there is such a thing as a root cause of addictive behaviour, or that there is a cause in every case. I think humans are mostly habit. Moderation is supremely important to overall health and happiness. It sounds so boring but it's true.
>>
Jack Crundlekat - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 05:39:05 EST m3QXNeGX No.30500 Reply
>>30498
We were not born addicts. But, yea sure, sounds boring but happiness
can be had with drug and alcohol over-usage or without these at ll.
>>
Frederick Sengerbeg - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 14:43:42 EST rl4uHNmE No.30501 Reply
>>30498
Nah I definitely think root cause can and does exist... I mean people dont become addicts when theres literally nothing wrong. Substance abuse is very widely down to people self-medicating because they just dont feel right in some way when sober. And then even when clean, the substance addiction can easily be replaced by another addiction to try and fill that same 'void' in their life. I'm speaking from my own experiences, but I also do a fair bit of group recovery type classes - there definitely seems to be a pattern in that all those people (aware of it or not) seem to do this... In my own situation I've kept on digging for the underlying cause behind my addiction issues, and after years and years of this relentless cycle - I've literally just last week been diagnosed with Bipolar 2! Whether that solves all my problems only time will tell, but it's a massive breakthrough moment for me!
>>
Martin Dungerwed - Tue, 23 Jul 2019 00:10:22 EST 00eHmqeF No.30502 Reply
>>30501

How is your sleep/diet/fitness level? Your job/study? Are your hobbies healthy/productive/beneficial or detrimental to your life? I would look at this stuff before I start thinking about an underlying cause of addiction. And the stuff I wrote comprises probably 6-8 hours of your waking life already.
>>
Ian Lightham - Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:46:34 EST 5jBot1Wm No.30503 Reply
>>30502
Hey, same guy but assuming my ID will have changed due to different location today... To answer your questions - well in a nutshell I've been doing all of this for years now. I'm not shitting on what you're saying, but I've been there done all that. Now maybe that's enough for some people to quit their addictive behaviour, but for a lot of others it wont be. Looking for the underlying cause is stepping it up a level when the basic 'lifestyle changes' just dont cut it. I mean I've just been diagnosed with Bipolar (as said in my last post) and your reaction to that post is to question whether I get exercise and eat right?? I agree with some of the stuff you said as a general rule, but you shouldn't dismiss looking deeper into self for the underlying cause or for answers to problems.
>>
Fanny Blatherwell - Tue, 23 Jul 2019 22:47:39 EST 00eHmqeF No.30504 Reply
>>30503
No problems, I'm just offering advice. It worked for me (on my almost decade-long chronic anxiety). I don't know about bipolar disorder.
>>
Sidney Marringpodge - Fri, 02 Aug 2019 00:10:07 EST 8DF+rm4w No.30520 Reply
1564719007697.gif -(1686425B / 1.61MB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
That was a super chill video. Today I am 10 months clean from opiates, benzos and meth, and I've been really trying to look at some kind of healthy hobby. Skateboarding and swimming were what I had in mind

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.