Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

is there any hope to feel normal after years of amphetamine abuse?

- Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:33:23 EST M1vf01ne No.30514
File: 1564414403200.jpg -(73197B / 71.48KB, 400x524) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. is there any hope to feel normal after years of amphetamine abuse?
Ive been clean from stims fot a couple of months now, and still dont feel anywhere close to normal. I blew a couple years of my life abusing vyvanse heavily, and occasionally other stims, and finally got fed up with it. Still not feeling close to normal is extremely discouraging and hellishly depressing. Im terrified that i have ruined my life, and i cant see myself living my life feel flat like this forever. i cant even take normal doses of stimulants without chest pains and other worrying symptoms either now, so i cant supplement the fucking dopamine i need either. i cannot go on like this much longer, if you guys have been through this and recovered please tell me... i really need some kind of hope tight now...
>>
Archie Suttingnudging - Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:12:49 EST rl4uHNmE No.30515 Reply
Sorry to hear you're really struggling - I'm not familiar with stims as such. I mean I've dabbled with a few, but I'm no expert in this area - Opi's were my downfall! But in terms of trying to get the natural dopamine going again, i do know that l-tyrosine is a good supplement to take. Cant remember the exact science of it, but I think it somehow gets your body producing it's own dopamine again. If you aren't on any sort of antidepressant medication - also worth looking at 5htp too. Another good supplement which helps kickstart the good brain chemicals! All I can say is keep going with what you're doing and have hope! Things will get better as time goes on - but I know that's not going to help you now. Just try to remain positive if you can. Distract yourself with new hobbies, even some light to moderate exercise can help boost natural endorphins etc...
>>
Archie Humblenock - Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:28:50 EST Pg8Ve1RV No.30516 Reply
I used to smoke meth on a regular basis for two years. It took about six months before i started to see positive signs.
Clean for four years now. Dont worry, You'll get there.
>>
Walter Dennerstog - Tue, 30 Jul 2019 16:52:05 EST oxhu8ilP No.30519 Reply
>>30514

I had the same thing as this >>30516 guy except euro speed and RCs instead of meth. Six months is the usual healing time after hard drug abuse. It doesn't mean you'll be normal after 6 months but you will feel much better. Just keep going and remember that actively bettering your life is a just as huge factor in regenerating as time. I know it's very hard, when the dopamine needed for motivation, which in turn is needed to start doing things actively is missing.

>>30515

The exact chemistry is that L-Tyrosine is converted to Levodopa, than that is converted to Dopamine. You don't need expensive supplements, tyrosine is one of the 20 amino acids found in proteins. Another one of those is phenilalanine which is converted to tyrosine in the body if needed. So OP eat lots of protein (meat, legumes, diaries, etc). Try to excercise. In the first few weeks you have to force yourself but it works wonders after that.

OP there is hope, lot of people came out of that pit before. It sucks major dicks now, but you'll get better and you'll be proud of yourself and maybe even a happy person.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.