Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

What to expect from my level of Alcohol use?

- Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:57:49 EST y/IT3SDg No.30671
File: 1571349469605.jpg -(416677B / 406.91KB, 1433x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What to expect from my level of Alcohol use?
Im just curious about how they compare. It's cause i jsut watched a documentary on benzo dependence and withdrawl and that shit looked absolutely horrifying. However the people interviewed were taking benzos at full doses, long term, every day for months or even years.

Now my situation.... Thankfully i've never used Benzos. However... i've been drinking around 5-6 standard drinks every day after work for about 3 or so years now. Specifically like 3 beers and 3 shots of vodka. I know that's bad and unhealthy but at the same time i feel mostly alright and stable with this lifestyle. i dont wake up hungover, just un-rested. I never had "the shakes" or any panic attacks. The worst of it is once in a while i might feel a bit on edge or a tiny bit anxious, which might just be from the coffee i drink, who knows, but it's nothing detrimental, concerning or serious. Still, i cant deny, i haven't went more than 24 hours without a drink in a few years. Like i said, it's every day, get home from work, open a beer, take a shot, and coast on that while gradually sipping on the rest (4-ish drinks more) until i go to bed.
Now i know i shouldn't be asking medical advice here but im still curious... with my alcohol habit and the degree that it's at, what would a decent taper look like and feel like? Am i that bad, am i really at risk for serious withdrawl effects? I like to hope not. My doctor told me to start at 4 drinks a day and each new week, take away 1, so it sounds like i could taper down within a month. Seems reasonable to me, but i still worry and i just dont know what to expect.
>>
Samuel Backlefuck - Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:55:51 EST y/IT3SDg No.30672 Reply
(OP)
Note: Disregard the first paragraph. It's unrelated. I was going to ask about how alcohol withdrawal compares to benzodiazepine withdrawal because i just saw a documentary about benzos, but i edited this post because im more concerned about my personal level of alcohol consumption.
>>
Sidney Nuzzletitch - Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:19:53 EST ejVQzpYk No.30673 Reply
>>30672
I can't believe nobody's responded to this. Just cut out all alcohol altogether at once, you will experience no ill effects and basic normality will be restored in a couple of days. Take a year off and your mind will be back up and running too.
>>
Jarvis Crottingkot - Mon, 21 Oct 2019 14:45:14 EST Aqt6kib3 No.30674 Reply
>>30673
Ok I dont think OP is in too deep here, but daily use for years and your advice is to just stop completely?? Ever heard of alcohol withdrawal seizures? Well that's basically what your advice could do to OP, so no - dont just stop immediately. Even OPs doc advised tapering down and quite right too!
>>
dr. m - Mon, 21 Oct 2019 21:31:21 EST dx+k7ez1 No.30675 Reply
>>30672
It shouldn't be that crazy. Just "drop" to 5 servings for ~3-5 days, and then drop an additional serving every ~3-7 days as you see fit depending on how you feel. The good news is that ~5-6 beers are usually only in your system for about ~5-8 hours maximum, and more like ~4-6 hours since you have a tolerance. That means you're not desensitizing your receptors ever hour of every day.
>>
Matilda Hesslefon - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:15:46 EST bFr6DzW0 No.30676 Reply
>>30671
I would definitely expect some shakes and heightened anxiety, even panic attacks. I dont' consider your use to the point where you'd have to take benzos to withdrawal safely, and i don't expect you'd have a seizure. I'd taper if I were in your shoes, avoid a week of high anxiety.
>>
Poltergeist Pimp - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:17:25 EST bFr6DzW0 No.30677 Reply
>>30671
I would definitely expect some shakes and heightened anxiety, even panic attacks. I dont' consider your use to the point where you'd have to take benzos to withdrawal safely, and i don't expect you'd have a seizure. I'd taper if I were in your shoes, avoid a week of high anxiety. >>30671
>>
Poltergeist Pimp - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:18:38 EST bFr6DzW0 No.30678 Reply
apologies for double post, first time on this site. Gave me an error at first
>>
Barnaby Femmlehall - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:36:26 EST ejVQzpYk No.30679 Reply
>>30674
Withdrawal from daily use at six drinks or less isn't going to hurt ya. How long do you want to stay a drunk? Just quit.
>>
Cornelius Poshpane - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 00:46:55 EST 3TBnmicy No.30703 Reply
>>30679
>Withdrawal from daily use at six drinks or less isn't going to hurt ya.

But the daily use from drinking as much may.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.