Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

quitting benzos

- Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:51:03 EST JlXVkTxD No.30828
File: 1579276263247.png -(389623B / 380.49KB, 1400x1400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. quitting benzos
i went into detox on jan 1st and was there for about a week, trying to taper off benzos. now im out and doing PHP at the same hospital (basically double intensive outpatient-6hrs a day). i was heavy on benzos for about a year and a half and thought i was invincible to the shitty withdrawals, but here i am, feeling like i'm about to have a seizure any minute. i really wanted to quit cold turkey (dangerous, i know) but the docs and therapists insist that I take at least 3mg ativan daily for now. I feel so guilty that i still have to take this shit just to not die bc ive already ruined many beautiful relationships and betrayed my familys' trust. idk where this is going i'm just fucking blogging at this point. but im looking for support, advice, or any other thoughts on benzo tapering/withdrawal. thanks guys
>>
Hugh Binderfoot - Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:54:21 EST bIURrrQt No.30829 Reply
So you're trying to come off benzos and yet they prescribe you ativan? Thats so ass backwards. These doctors are fucking idiots.

They to ween yourself off. Going cold Turkey is a very bad idea.
>>
Hedda Shakeshaw - Sun, 19 Jan 2020 06:15:56 EST 6sk87zkH No.30830 Reply
Get off the Ativan.
>>
Wesley Worthingbanks - Sun, 19 Jan 2020 15:52:13 EST MhtC4xjn No.30831 Reply
I was on 3mg xanax for the whole October. Then I went down to 2mg for a month, then on average 1mg a day for 3 weeks, and switched to diazepam. Now I've been on 5mg diazepam for a week. Yesterday I was fine with 2.5mg. Today I took 5mg. Going to do 2.5mg for two days and then my stash is empty.

This was all while on some kratom and 600mg gabapentin also. Gonna continue with those for a while.

I've done similar quick tapers before, so here's my advice:
  • Dose before bedtime so you can sleep. Depriving yourself of sleep will make withdrawals harder to handle.
  • Use gabapentinoids, beta blockers, antihistamines, kratom and such to combat mild withdrawals. Only use as little benzos as possible and space the doses as much as you can.
  • Use alcohol in moderation. 1-2 doses during afternoons/evenings can help space out the doses. On the other hand, it will interfere with sleep, so don't drink night caps. And if you have a problem controlling your drinking, don't use this trick.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my experience and my unprofessional tricks. Here's the facts:
  • A doctor can put you on a gabapentinoid AFTER you're ready to kick a low dose, but they usually don't recommend mixing GABAergic drugs.
  • If 3mg Ativan is your current regimen, you should be able to do 24h intervals. When you're down to about 1.5mg, try slowly moving to 36h intervals.
  • Doctors recommend 10% dose reduction every 2 weeks for a slow taper. 20% would be a fast taper. What I described in the opening paragraph is only viable if you haven't been on benzos for a long time.
  • Rotation of different benzos helps you speed up the taper. Unfortunately this is only legally available in rehab facilities.
  • Read the Ashton manual for benzodiazepine tapering. You may not be able to utilize it fully because it also is designed for closed rehab.
>>
Wesley Worthingbanks - Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:21:02 EST lRqlN9rv No.30837 Reply
It has now been 26 hours since my second last 2.5mg of diazepam. Feeling pretty alright. I might try sleeping without that very last 2.5mg.

I'm a bit worried that the withdrawal will be delayed and surprising. Shouldn't be too bad though.

OP, do report on your taper plans and how its going.
>>
Lydia Brookforth - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 08:38:45 EST vuXtU0Qy No.30843 Reply
>>30837
hey man good luck w your taper. i got switched from ativan to klonopin 0.5 mg twice a day, the doc said i'd probably finish the taper with valium. it's getting better, feeling less seizure-ish but the derealization and mental side effects are a bitch and a half.
>>
xamnyab - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 20:31:35 EST M0pRuPgq No.30845 Reply
>>30828
bro it sucks at the start, but if you're tapering it's not gonna have you dead, at play will b only the temptation, you will get restless nights, tremors, anxiety and other shit doe, but know it's temporary and for an greater good

you're strong bro, you can make it

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.