Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Dissociated Metal Thread

- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 03:55:44 EST NfpKKPAq No.367033
File: 1560758144795.jpg -(31841B / 31.09KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dissociated Metal Thread
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=RZx4e1pdq1Y&feature=share
>>
Walter Packlewell - Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:09:38 EST HFIXxQj0 No.367043 Reply
Shitty jootoob musics redirected me away from the video to some bullshit "pick your favorite artists page".

Otherwise, great shit OP. /dis/ takes us to dark places occasionally. Sometimes we want to explore those dark places further. Metal can set a good ambiance for this type of mood.

As far as contributions to this thread goes, I have none currently. It would be very interesting to explore what qualities would make metal genre music either express or embolden the feelings of dissociation. Of course, we'll need examples first.

The classics I enjoy listening to whilst on dissociatives are Pantera and Black Sabbath. I would like to see some less well known bands/artists mentioned. Maybe I can dig something up and come back.
>>
Walter Packlewell - Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:45:24 EST HFIXxQj0 No.367046 Reply
Here's my nomination:
> Ved Buens Ende -- Written in Waters ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVOASknimeA )

IMO there ought to be a lot of overlap between general "stoner metal" and what would be good on -- or representative of -- dissociative experiences.
>>
Edwin Davingchud - Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:14:49 EST bTI8z+o9 No.367048 Reply
>>367046
>>367046
>stoner metal

My man! What you can call "stoner doom" is my favourite genre and works very well with DXM, specifically the dead, crushing feeling it can give you.
>>
Hugh Bembleworth - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 22:34:42 EST NfpKKPAq No.367278 Reply
it doesn't have to be dark. why do you say that? it all about that rhythm. that melody, you know?
>>
Martin Chuckleville - Tue, 09 Jul 2019 18:19:15 EST hL5fdSgF No.367334 Reply
Behold the fucking tech death masterpiece from 2016, First Fragment - Dasein https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAM9IorEIPU

Most of the vocals are in french (english pleb here) so I don't understand but they have good texture and add to the ambiance. The drumming is standard tech death fare but my god the guitars will send you into another universe. Think beyond creation esque but with more born of osiris splashed in and a healthy dose of classicism

After warming yourself up with the space magic its time to sink to a lower plane and bravely enter the abyss. Featuring the same guitarist and main songwriter of Dasein (Phil Tougas) and impressively also released in 2016 (this phil dude is a monster) is Chthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crepuscule https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwCtXQMWeUM

This one has a strong doom vibe with slower downtempo riffs, gutteral growls, and muddy lows. Interspersed throughout are facemelting solos courtesy of our boy phil.

Great shit to listen to while playing Rocket League on the come up of a big dose or any other vidya really. If you like it I suggest you look up Phil's 3rd album of 2016 he is a part of, really solid metal.

Also inb4 >t. Phil Tougas detectede
>>
Priscilla Worthinghall - Tue, 09 Jul 2019 21:45:03 EST Y8/8Ff/W No.367337 Reply
1562723103504.jpg -(9123B / 8.91KB, 220x220) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Take a 3rd/4th plat dose of dxm, put on headphones, lie down in the dark, and then listen to the entirety of Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum.
>>
George Fuckingville - Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:13:12 EST I7tScc+K No.369725 Reply
>>368813

im so sorry to necrobump. holy fuck dude i just dosed for the fist time in over 10 years and i see Sol Niger Within being talked about

omfg. Makes me wanna legit tune my 7 string to drop A just to play this properly.

i love you

happy thanksgiving

happy thanksgiving, brother>>367033

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.