Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

DXM magic gone

- Wed, 18 Sep 2019 23:30:49 EST kZMswG/H No.368813
File: 1568863849882.gif -(204817B / 200.02KB, 288x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. DXM magic gone
I tripped daily for months and then stopped for over a month. Now when I take it nothing happens. It isn't just that the novelty is gone but literally none of the trip effects happen anymore. I can take a gram of dxm and all that happens is my head feels a little warm and I lose my balance a little.
>>
Clara Nopperdet - Wed, 18 Sep 2019 23:33:11 EST kZMswG/H No.368814 Reply
What I mean is could it just be that I have built up a high tolerance and need to take more because I have take 900mg dxm doses many times but I never have gone over that amount.
>>
Clara Nopperdet - Wed, 18 Sep 2019 23:38:13 EST kZMswG/H No.368815 Reply
I mean I havent taken it too many times so maybe it is just that I need to take more and potentiate. Actually the other day when I first took it again I experienced some of dxms effects but not too strong
>>
Clara Nopperdet - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 00:06:57 EST kZMswG/H No.368816 Reply
>>368815
When I saidI haven't taken it too many times I meant since the month clean
>>
Wesley Weddleman - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:02:23 EST tCMIw/1t No.368834 Reply
>>368816
this is very curious how the tolerance seems to have taken hold after a month of abstinence... I'd do a year T break to know for sure and to possibly gain insight into the mechanism that is at work here.
>>
Jack Pockdock - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 21:14:01 EST W5a2mrYV No.368839 Reply
>>368834
Dissociative tolerance build is crazy, it'll likely take a year for your tolerance to dxm to dissipate completely. 1 month off after 3 months of daily using will do practically nothing to lower your tolerance.
>>
Dextrolord - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:25:51 EST 1tpnrEB8 No.368843 Reply
>>368839
I have found diss tolerance to be more about being familiar with the state of mind it brings than the actual physical effects being less, cuz at first it's all new and shiny but after a while it is the same ol same ol shit. Still fun but never the new cool thing you just tried ever again. . . .
>>
Matilda Bunway - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:38:30 EST +y5AJZLx No.368845 Reply
>>368839 I've been dexxing the fuck out of my brain since I was 17 or so. I think I lost the magic at around 19-20 and the longest tolerance break I've had was probably around 6 months. That break did seriously nothing. So I'm looking into grapefruit juice and higher doses instead of being smart. Wish me luck and an ambulance.
>>
Simon Woddleled - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 01:16:15 EST kZMswG/H No.368846 Reply
I have decided to completely cut dxm out of my life from now on. I was an addict and it can't be good for me. I hope it isn't some underlying condition but when I take too much its like my movements all become very robotic and constricted and I have to do everything slowly.
>>
Ωµæƨǂ℩αiƞ !QSTRNGiKc6 - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 21:55:39 EST kmbiBLT6 No.368861 Reply
1569030939581.jpg -(46487B / 45.40KB, 680x381) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I took "a year or so off" where I probably dexxed about five times, coming from what used to be anywhere from three to five times (or more) a week. I know what you mean by the "warm head and not much else" feeling. Eventually I was taking more than a gram every time and using dph or c's for potentiation 5000mg a week? piece o'cake and it would be a high 2nd/subtle 3rd plat if I was lucky, but after a few days of not sleeping the effects would stack. One time I chugged six bottles of hbr at once to try and hit 4th plat again, some of you might have seen it on YouTube lol. It wasn't really dexxing like it was in the old days, more like just escapism and prolonging my psychosis even if I wasn't aware of the state I was in. Ultimately I knew I had to stop because of the damage I had done to my digestive functions, as well as the relationships with a lot of people in my life.

A couple weeks ago I had an itch that I felt needed to be scratched a long time ago
I took 900 in gels and it was like riding a bike. I felt a relief and reassurance that was vital to the interpretation of the past, as if I had improved my perspective of what once was and what led me to where I am. Although this trip wasn't anywhere near as great as it could have been, I was comforted in knowing my tolerance wasn't truly permanent (even if that would have been the better timeline) and that I hadn't completely shut myself out of a state of mind that I thought I wasn't capable of anymore. I was under the impression that the magic had been erased forever since it was gone for so long, but since I was gifted a Top 10 Anime Redemption Arcs I feel blessed cursed lol to be able to revisit something that had reshaped my personality and taught me so much, for better or worse, and I plan to not abuse this privilege

The nameless one grants strength in every aspect. Utilize it and pray that you may cling to it in a way that it coalesces into your mentality permanently. Best of luck, brother.
>>
Lydia Trotworth - Sun, 22 Sep 2019 21:29:26 EST kZMswG/H No.368891 Reply
>>368846
Oh no I already used it again. I am not even feeling anything from it but the depressed anhedonia from going sober is miserable.
>>
Fanny Minkinlog - Tue, 24 Sep 2019 22:20:29 EST UixbkX/x No.368906 Reply
>>368891
ive tripped 200 timss over the past 7 years, and dxm still affects me greatly.

I also feel like a better person

Its all in the mind, lil nigga
>>
Frederick Smallhood - Fri, 27 Sep 2019 09:14:17 EST kZMswG/H No.368928 Reply
OP again. I have quit it again for a day or two so far and while I keep making mistakes, I know that that is just a short lasting thing and it is just in my head. I really don't want to use it again as I definitely have some underlying issues which I am currently trying to address.

The real reason why I was beating myself up so much for using again is that I hid that fact from my therapist after reaching out to her a couple times. I also confessed this to my sister and realized embarrassment is not so bad a thing. My fear and avoidance of anyone thinking negatively of me and consequent low self esteem has been a lifelong issue which I am just now working on after never dealing with it because opening up is uncomfortable. I t is unhealthy for me to allow dxm to hurt me, though I do believe it can help other and I believe that it has helped me by opening the doors to introspection. It instilled a good bit of confidence in myself which was also not entirely true and now that I know I can be confident without it I am ready to get back on track.
>>
Ernest Dunningkare - Fri, 27 Sep 2019 14:24:07 EST 9rg//fjr No.368930 Reply
>>368928
opening up really does help.

more than you might think.
>>
Lydia Gemmerlut - Fri, 27 Sep 2019 18:11:59 EST W5a2mrYV No.368935 Reply
>>368813
That sucks that the magic is gone. But I just wanted to say that that's an adorable gif of lain. She's always been the unofficial /dis/ mascot in my eyes.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.