Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

DXM, Any credible health concerns with use?

- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:20:15 EST T5saQUNR No.371312
File: 1585570815590.jpg -(3514709B / 3.35MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. DXM, Any credible health concerns with use?
About DXM here, To keep this simple I am only referring to the pure powder hbr, for let’s say once a week use, I just don’t know of any and don’t want to be misinformed or worse ignorant the rest of my life.
>>
Ernest Mondlenark - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:33:54 EST e9cvOVLj No.371317 Reply
>>371312
It helps to know if you're a rapid or poor CYP2D6 metabolizer. it's a liver enzyme that a significant percentage of the population is either deficient in or otherwise experiences some polymorphism of. So basically, if you're a rapid or ultra-rapid metabolizer, your liver produces excessive quantities of the CYP2D6 enzyme that is responsible for metabolizing DXM into DXO, an active metabolite of it that plays a significant role in the drug's dissociative effects, as well as another metabolite of DXM's that little is known about the effects of. If you're a poor metabolizer, your liver produces less or even produces none of the CYP2D6 enzyme.

These enzymes, in the precense of enough substrates (substances that bind to it and cause a reaction), can become completely saturated, resulting in a longer clearance time/half-life as well as higher amounts of DXM and DXO in the bloodstream. So, if you're a poor metabolizer, this is what will happen to you. If you are a rapid/ultra=rapid metabolizer, you'll likely experience less of DXM's effects and more of DXO's effects, and the overall experience will be far shorter than it otherwise would be. Even if you're normal, taking doses repeatedly and of sufficient quantity will result in the saturation of these liver enzymes, which will result in a stronger and longer lasting drug experience. Same goes for if you take any other substances that act as substrates of DXM and its metabolites liver enzymes, CYP2D6 (primarily) and CYP3A4. This is why people sometimes take white grape fruit juice or diphenhydramine in combination with DXM, because the former contains a CYP3A4 inhibitor and the latter is a CYP2D6 substrate, as well as one of its metabolites.
>>
Wesley Brunderlark - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:26:13 EST T5saQUNR No.371323 Reply
>>371312
I appreciate the time and lengthy response, you have given me much direction to work with!

In the past anything negative I had read (mostly on this site) seemed attributed to the cough syrup or gels aside from DXM itself.
>>
Beatrice Duckgold - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 15:19:43 EST e9cvOVLj No.371345 Reply
>>371323
No problem. The only other thing to keep in mind is the potential to develop Serotonin Syndrome if you take an SSRI/SNRI or an MAOI. To a much lesser extent, the possibility exists if you're prescribed amphetamine (and even less so) methtylphenidate. If you uze meth at all, meth poses a more legitimate risk for it than regular amphetamine does.

Basically, be wary if you take an SSRI/SNRI, although reuptake inhibitors pose significantly less risk than serotonin releasing agents (like MDMA). The only way you'd get serotonin syndrome when taking an SSRI/SNRI is if you've just recently started taking it or if you're taking very high doses of DXM, and you're at less of a risk if you're taking an SNRI because the only prescribed SNRIs out there have significantly shorter half-lives than the SSRIs that are prescribed (~8-15 hours on average vs ~25-50 hour half-lives). Basically all the SSRIs/SNRIs are CYP2D6 substrates or inhibitors, so taking an inhibitor with a 10-15 hour half-life is much likely to cause issues than taking it with one that's got a 50 hour half-life.

However, NEVER mix prescription MAOIs with DXM, because you're basically guaranteed life threatening Serotonin Syndrome.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 17:11:08 EST OoMgiDDf No.371347 Reply
>>371345
Prescription MAOI's or any strong MAOI period. Harmala will fuck you just as bad as any prescription one. Also, any grapefruit juice will have that effect with some white being more potent and some less, but it's still on pretty slim margins and extremely inconsistent, just go for 100% juice if you're gonna. It is worth mentioning that even if you don't present severe symptoms of SS you're still doing damage if you know you're mixing things you shouldn't.
>>
ΩµæƨŧʀαI҉ƞ - Thu, 02 Apr 2020 22:01:50 EST El2PEU89 No.371359 Reply
I don't really care to make a lengthy post right now, but I am damn near certain that the issues I have with my bladder and metabolism can be directly attributed to drinking fuckloads of cough syrup. We can get technical and say that it's not the fault of dxm, rather the ingredients in the syrup and gels, but after close to ten years of drinking on average 10-20 bottles of syrup a week I can genuinely say I really wish I hadn't hurt myself like this. It's also possible that with the correct care I could mitigate or even begin to reverse the damage, but like many of us that isn't really a viable option when you take into account modern life and society as we know it. Still, I don't think I would trade the experience for anything. /dis/cipline above all else
>>
Jenny Publingcocke - Fri, 03 Apr 2020 02:06:30 EST hPG1JgUZ No.371361 Reply
I think something in Dry Cough Forte, and its the same with Robocough, has given me long-term itching. It peaks about 3 days after dosing. Its fairly annoying but not annoying enough to make me stop. I've used about 75 times over 2 1/2 years, mostly 2nd plats.
>>
Fucking Braffingshaw - Fri, 03 Apr 2020 04:35:28 EST h3uHl3tC No.371362 Reply
Personally my biggest concern with DXM use is its psychological effects. When I dosed heavy I would feel pretty out of it for a couple of days. I don't mean like a mental fog or decreased cognitive abilities, just well frankly dissociation. Just anecdotal evidence nothing based in science.
>>
Betsy Nicklehood - Fri, 03 Apr 2020 18:31:36 EST QCOVy7MZ No.371366 Reply
>>371359
>15 bottles x 52 weeks x 10 years = 7800 bottles
Dude
>>
ΩµæƨŧʀαI҉ƞ - Fri, 03 Apr 2020 19:37:36 EST El2PEU89 No.371370 Reply
1585957056244.jpg -(20225B / 19.75KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371366
hahahaha fuuuuck. It's probably closer to 5 or 6k but shit man. yolo
>>
Hedda Blonkinford - Sat, 04 Apr 2020 01:03:01 EST DKP7ZF+M No.371374 Reply
>>371359
Would you say you have gained anything from your DXM experiences?
>>
Oliver Gundermig - Sat, 04 Apr 2020 03:42:50 EST IloN6QLN No.371375 Reply
1585986170178.jpg -(106467B / 103.97KB, 1038x862) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371370
God damn my boi Q strain been going hard this past decade hahahahahahaha.

I have no idea how much dxm I've taken but its nowhere near that amount. Now if we consider the equivalent experience dose in RC's then i'm prob right about where your at or possibly more. But the negative effects of different dissos differs quite drastically so for comparison of the negative side effects it doesn't fit. But for comparison of true /dis/cipline we have stayed true on the path of the disciples and for that the DXMeralds are our reward.
>>
ΩµæƨŧʀαI҉ƞ - Sun, 05 Apr 2020 00:48:46 EST +v32WewC No.371391 Reply
1586062126198.jpg -(19807B / 19.34KB, 281x287) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371374
I'll gather my thoughts and write the antithesis to this thread
my apologies to OP, I made my first post based on the title without reading the subject
disregard me as you may

>>371375
I figured plenty of us have had more than our fair share of super happy fun times, I wish more of mine came from the distilled essence of the old gods, but alas. We each wield or own double-edged sword, just as keen as the next. Write your own story and fill your own bag. Gaze upon the prismatic beauty of the gems you uncover and never take for granted the glint of light that is reflected into your eye, even as it blinds you.

but for real though sometimes I'm completely unable to piss and I ought to get comfortable with inserting a catheter. Thankfully I have yet to pass any potential kidney stones and I'm pretty sure I would know if I had ever been blessed with a urinary tract infection. I regularly go days without shitting regardless of how much/what I eat. I'm not even 30 and this is the kind of stuff that only senior citizens should experience. I think I'd rather deal with fucked up mucus membranes and collapsed veins but who knows, that probably suck too. It could always be worse I suppose. qualis artifex pereo

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.