Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

What beginner dosage should I take?

- Thu, 07 May 2020 10:36:22 EST pLOf11Nj No.371786
File: 1588862182225.gif -(2312366B / 2.21MB, 499x499) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What beginner dosage should I take?
I want to take for 650mg (plateau 3) since I'm experienced with psychedelics but everywhere I see says I should start lower at 350mg (plateau 2). visuals and possibly obe is something I want from the experience.
>>
Von Villings - Thu, 07 May 2020 11:49:57 EST 0w4Ds4q7 No.371787 Reply
>>371786
Well, if you want plateau 3 visuals and possible obe- go for it, if you trust yourself..
The only thing is that dxm isn’t very much like psychedelics, and can be quite introspective and intense at high dosages, 350mg is a wonderful dosage, the only issue here is that psychedelics aren’t a good point of reference to dissociative, these are two completely different things

Best of luck@ whichever you choose
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Thu, 07 May 2020 12:28:44 EST 2+DdhRSC No.371789 Reply
>>371787
I would have to disagree here. The two experiences resemble each other at the far reaches of what they do and in minor doses as well. Stimulating euphoric music enhancing drunk/high like goodness on low doses and crazy obe's or journeys through inner universes on super high ones.

All the inbetween phases are different from wonky walking, severe perceptual distortions or misinterpretations, good old fashion "my brain feels like plastic vegetables" vibes, and many other fun stuff unique to the dextroverse. Immersive is immersive be it psychs or dis, but with dissociatives you're physically disabled most of the time the higher the dose gets, all up to pre-anesthetic.
>>
Von Villings - Thu, 07 May 2020 19:31:58 EST oqd4T5EY No.371792 Reply
>>371789
but with dissociatives you're physically disabled most of the time the higher the dose gets, all up to pre-anesthetic.

right, exactly. Shrooms or acid don't do that [spoiler(Which means they're different)][/spoiler]
>>
ShamanMyAss - Thu, 07 May 2020 20:39:18 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371794 Reply
1588898358289.jpg -(749020B / 731.46KB, 1280x1835) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371789
Thats like saying weed and booze are similar because they'll both make you loose and will knock you out in high doses. Anyone with one neuron knows they have completely different spectra of effects. Please stop confidently giving advice when you obviously don't know what you're talking about as you speak mostly from subjective view.

>>371786
I'd suggest playing around in the 2nd plateau before jumping into the 3rd so quickly. Have had my ass beat multiple times in internal therapy sessions as I've watched reality warp into realistic hallucinations that teeter on /del/ territory. If your stomach isn't used to dxm you could end up puking and squirting hershey for a good portion of the comeup and even after. Weed is also your best friend as it can simultaneously ground you and intensify your trip, if not just one or the other. Safe travels if you decide to swallow the red devil
>>
Alice Dummerbane - Thu, 07 May 2020 22:45:47 EST 0P57Zuv3 No.371795 Reply
do one 2nd plat, you want to know what it feels like and have a point of comparison. it's very weird and very powerful
>>
ShawmInYourAss - Thu, 07 May 2020 23:18:18 EST OoMgiDDf No.371796 Reply
>>371794
It's been said time and time again that at some point in the depths of an immersive dose of dis shares a lot of similarities with psychedelics to the point that many dissociatives are classified as dissociative psychedelics you fucking troglodyte.

Also, weed doesn't "knock you out" and don't compare a CNS depressant with something ENTIRELY unrelated and dissimilar. Weed is considered by many to be a mild psychedelic and is known to potentiate DXM so don't say "it grounds you" when it might increase confusion or paranoia, as it's known to do to MANY. Again these aren't my opinions but the observations of many that I'm relating to some else, quit your projecting and drop your little dick mentality.

Ok OP to satisfy these inexperienced morons I'll say this; DXM does have a slight edge of psychedelia to it that becomes drastically more apparent with immersive doses. Also if you avoid syrups and gels diarrhea shouldn't be as likely, so robocough or extraction, but nausea would likely result. Since you're experienced with psychedelics I'd say go for a low third but prepare yourself for some visual flanging or triple vision. Even having had dozens of mushroom trips under my belt and experience with DMT that threw me the first time I did DXM, but I started with a 700mg dose and didn't puke or get the shits so you might be fine. So yes they're different, obviously, but they're not that far off and there's a lot of overlap. Much like the people that think taking psychedelics makes your belong to some special club it's the same with this. The delusions are different and mania is more commonly a side effect with dissociatives, but it can still be a useful tool for self exploration or a psychonaut's journey.
>>
ShamanMyAss - Thu, 07 May 2020 23:38:06 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371797 Reply
>>371796
Don't compare a dissociative to something ENTIRELY unrelated and dissimilar, fucking numbnuts. I'll quit "projecting" when a dick actually pushes out that vagene you've been trying to flex.
>>
Pseudo Qui - Fri, 08 May 2020 00:21:05 EST 0w4Ds4q7 No.371798 Reply
>>371796
>>371797
 “So yes they're different, obviously, but they're not that far off and there's a lot of overlap“
- okay this is slightly valuable insight, but to be honest friend, if these two things weren’t “too far off”, then why are there Two separate boards discussing them?

I’m not even trying to insight an argument here - dissociatives are different than psychedelics, I agree that there are indeed similarities between the two, but in general they are distinctly different experiences Thus two separate boards
>>
Pseudo Qui - Fri, 08 May 2020 00:29:06 EST 0w4Ds4q7 No.371799 Reply
>>371796
Maybe /dis/ and /psy/ will have a hybrid child one day... maybe you’re that hybrid child and this is the meaning of your life...
>>
ShawmInYourAss - Fri, 08 May 2020 01:41:56 EST 8xj15ucZ No.371801 Reply
>>371797
They're not unrelated and not dissimilar, that's YOUR opinion speaking from the subjective experience. I'm not trying to flex, there's even sometimes similar receptor activity in these drugs, and while dissociatives are NMDA centric not all of them are(salvia, ibogaine, nitrous). So no, you are wrong about this, that simple. You should avoid procreating at all costs, just for everyone esles' sake. If you're still that tickled and prickled all the way up in your butt I'll go slower next time, and if you feel that hurt go tell on me to uncle dad or aunt grandmom.

>>371798
I almost pointed that out myself, but I decided against it. In part because of all the times people on /psy/ flipped out over someone posting a question about dissociatives, but also people tend to say they're opposite in some respects only until their similarities render their differences moot point. It's something I've said before, like emotionally dissociatives can seem almost blunted sometimes, and I also mentioned paramedics using ket in tandem with fent in the way. Whereas psychedelics seem so emotionally significant or volatile. The strange thing is though they can both be similarly scary, and on their extreme ends OBE's, entity contact, complex inner and outer worlds, and complex open eyed hallucinatory experiences with unlimited geometric intricacies is common. While I did mention that DXM will disable you to a degree on higher doses some people have freaked out and done wild or dangerous things even on high 3rd plat or 4th plat doses(excited delirium cases). It's not common with DXM and is even highly unlikely but it can happen, and other dissos either are stimulating in nature even on high doses or don't possess the same CNS depressant properties.
>>
Caroline Bluffingshaw - Fri, 08 May 2020 11:38:43 EST pLOf11Nj No.371805 Reply
>>371787
>>371794
I took 350mg at the start and ended up taking another 300mg at the peak for a total of 650mg
that was a scary and spiritual experiences when time started to slow down, it was really intense. an hour felt like a day at the peak. I couldn't see much because of the double vision. it felt like I was about to die. I meditated to Tibetan bowls and life really is the ultimate trip
>>
Alice Dummerbane - Fri, 08 May 2020 13:31:19 EST 0P57Zuv3 No.371806 Reply
>>371801
>there's even sometimes similar receptor activity in these drugs,
lmao
>e(salvia, ibogaine, nitrous).
"nmda antagonists and 5-HT agonists are similar because sometimes people talk about things which are neither alongside them" is the wildest shit i ever done read
>>
ΩµæƨŧʀαI҉ƞ))) - Fri, 08 May 2020 21:22:21 EST El2PEU89 No.371807 Reply
1588987341997.jpg -(63491B / 62.00KB, 1024x635) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371805
Word. Sometimes I go too long and forget it's a trip in itself, so I do a bunch of drugs to put things into perspective.
>>
Matilda Purrychod - Sat, 09 May 2020 01:24:15 EST e9cvOVLj No.371811 Reply
>>371806
Look up how psychosis and psychotomimetic states caused by stimulants/dopaminergics, serotonergic psychedelics, and nmda antagonist dissociatives overlap and contribute to the greater model of understanding surrounding schizophrenia and psychosis.

Not to mention DXM is a pretty unique dissociative and often has effects that can really only be described as psychedelic (at least in a more general sense).

Also, there was a double-blind study on the cognitive effects of DXM and psilocybin in which a majority of the participants (most of whom claimed experience with psychedelics and even had participated in a previous psilocybin study done by the same group) confused DXM for a classic psychedelic, reporting that that's what they'd been given.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6162157/

You just sound like a jackass, lol.
>>
Matilda Purrychod - Sat, 09 May 2020 01:34:01 EST e9cvOVLj No.371813 Reply
>>371812
To save you the time of having to read through it:
>DXM was dose-dependently identified as a classic hallucinogen (e.g., LSD, psilocybin, DMT, mescaline etc); 91.7% (11 of 12) identified both the 400 mg/70 kg dose and their maximum dose as a classic hallucinogen
>Given that DXM is an NMDA antagonist, it is interesting that several of the effects of DXM showed similarities to those observed in previous research with the classic serotonergically mediated hallucinogen psilocybin (Griffiths et al. 2011).
>At both 400 mg/70 kg and the maximum DXM dose, 11 of the 12 volunteers (91.7%) chose “classic hallucinogens” (e.g. LSD, psilocybin, DMT, ayahuasca, mescaline) as the drug they thought they most likely received during the experimental session. The single volunteer who did not choose “classic hallucinogens” after 400 mg/70 kg DXM, selected that class after the next dose of DXM (500 mg/70 kg). Thus, between 400–500 mg/70 kg DXM, all volunteers reported that they had received a classic hallucinogen.
>An important caveat to interpreting the hallucinogen-like effects of DXM is the unknown extent to which volunteers’ expectancies about and histories of prior hallucinogen use influenced the study results. All participants had some prior experience with hallucinogens and indicated that they were familiar with previous research performed in our laboratory with psilocybin. Thus, it is plausible that the volunteers erroneously assumed that they would receive psilocybin in the study.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sat, 09 May 2020 08:47:47 EST OoMgiDDf No.371819 Reply
>>371806

>"nmda antagonists and 5-HT agonists are similar because sometimes people talk about things which are neither alongside them"

Where are you getting this and why is there quotation marks around it? Also, are you sure you know what quotation marks are for or what they mean? If you're struggling with these basic concepts it makes me doubt you'd be able to interpret scientific data in any meaningful way, or perhaps you're dyslexic? I fight with autocorrect on my phone personally, must've raised it wrong.
>>
Ernest Greenford - Sat, 09 May 2020 15:40:02 EST 0P57Zuv3 No.371822 Reply
jeez if yall are gonna go in so hard i'll go back and re-examine
>They're not unrelated and not dissimilar, that's YOUR opinion speaking from the subjective experience. I'm not trying to flex, there's even sometimes similar receptor activity in these drugs, and while dissociatives are NMDA centric not all of them are(salvia, ibogaine, nitrous). So no, you are wrong about this, that simple. You should avoid procreating at all costs, just for everyone esles' sake. If you're still that tickled and prickled all the way up in your butt I'll go slower next time, and if you feel that hurt go tell on me to uncle dad or aunt grandmom.
no, i still think this post is very silly, sorry.
>>
Phineas Tillingwater - Sat, 09 May 2020 15:54:58 EST JJRJQ27l No.371823 Reply
1589054098702.jpg -(65849B / 64.31KB, 634x634) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371822
are you apologizing for your opinion or because you didn’t make a point/argument? whether or not I agree with the post you’re qouting, at least they’re making a case to back up their point of view. “this is very silly” is weak as shit to begin with, but no elaboration at all? at least you apologized, I guess
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sat, 09 May 2020 17:19:12 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371827 Reply
1589059152185.jpg -(13644B / 13.32KB, 540x535) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>371823
I think Ernest is apologizing because he realizes Im a sorry excuse for human being who goes onto a drug forum to flex my scientific cock like it actually means something. Its okay though, I feel sorry for myself too. I can't even fully commit to being a tripfag which makes me just a fag in the long run. My scientific cock is also compensation for the fact that I'm a huge pussy who can't admit I'm just a drug addict, so I spout science at the newbies as a way of convincing myself and them that my drug addled past has been productive for character building and intelligence.
>pic related is how I imagine me and my science cock
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sat, 09 May 2020 18:52:05 EST OoMgiDDf No.371829 Reply
>>371827
It's not about flexing anything either, and why did they keep saying that? Were they bullied a lot by jocks or bodybuilders growing up? Did buff med school students beat them up? Some of what I was talking about I learned by doing my own research and reading before ever taking these drugs, and some of what I mentioned I actually learned in school. I'm not really an addict though save for caffiene and occasionally flirting with nicotine.

On the namefag note I don't like it much myself since it undermines anonymity a bit but anyone can choose this name and say whatever really, it's not like trip fagging or anything. Some cock sucker on /psy/ who calls themselves a wizard used that name on me in that exact spelling, underscore included, so I started using it. It was mostly so he'd wrongly attacking people thinking they were me.
>>
Thomas Semmerdure - Sun, 10 May 2020 04:36:34 EST pLOf11Nj No.371844 Reply
>>371796
it did feel somewhat psychedelic but different. definitely felt weirder.
>>
Reuben Popperstone - Sun, 10 May 2020 06:43:03 EST ZJaNzrof No.371845 Reply
>>371844
psychedelics and dissociates are both hallucinogens I guess that's why
>>
Nell Bicklefoot - Sun, 10 May 2020 13:00:18 EST K3toyH0S No.371848 Reply
I have no interest in the 3rd plat, but I've done the 2nd 60+ times, I love it with a film. They are described as plateaus because each has different effects, I feel way less euphoria on the 3rd plateau. It'd be sad for you to miss what the 2nd has to offer.
>>
Doris Pickleshaw - Sun, 10 May 2020 16:09:13 EST dqD0qvPL No.371852 Reply
>>371813
But these are likely monk...,eh humans trained to recognize psychedelics. Psychedelic usage is much more common. It is not that weird, cause DXM is a hybrid dissociative/psychedelic.
Had they given then ketamine or pcp and oh boy, it would sure feel different
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 12 May 2020 12:25:47 EST vQrr3IKA No.371879 Reply
>>371848
Music euphoria is at its peak on 2nd plat doses I think, and I've heard others say the same thing. The 3rd plat is where things get a lot more trippy and spacey, but I've noticed and tested in more than a handful of individuals that there's good synergy and almost synesthesia with music and darkness or better yet blindfolds.
>>
Nicholas Crimmleman - Tue, 12 May 2020 12:33:48 EST ZJaNzrof No.371880 Reply
>>371848
I wanted to go big on the dosage so I would get the full dxm experience. wanted trippiness, did not care much about the euphoria. there's always kratom for that.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 12 May 2020 17:25:20 EST 8xj15ucZ No.371883 Reply
>>371880
Kratom euphoria and DXM are different in their overall experience but both great really. If you want to feel the more trippy effects of DXM shoot for a mid high 3rd plat dose and smoke a bowl near the peak. You could go for a higher dose but high 3rd plat and 4th plat especially people tend to have trouble remembering. If you shoot for those higher doses make sure you don't have to work the next day, because I'd be surprised if your vision wasn't still flanging a bit.
>>
Esther Socklestock - Wed, 13 May 2020 06:56:41 EST K3toyH0S No.371887 Reply
>>371880
You probably have an idea about this already but there is no full DXM experience. A case in point is that the 3rd plateau (probably for you) muffles (suppresses) sound rather than enhances it like on the 2nd. So the effects are the opposite. And I really like 7mg/kg to watch films, its really immersive, whereas 8mg/kg and above makes the characters in movies sound like they're talking jibberish.
>>
David Chunderdurk - Thu, 14 May 2020 11:16:27 EST XSLy+Ubf No.371903 Reply
>>371887
that's probably because dissociates suppresses the signals coming from your senses and at plat 3 it's a stronger dissociative
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Fri, 15 May 2020 14:34:45 EST 2+DdhRSC No.371923 Reply
OP did you ever take anything? I figured you were gonna go for a 3rd plat dose so I was curious to see what you thought.
>>
Jack Blythestock - Fri, 15 May 2020 16:21:08 EST XSLy+Ubf No.371924 Reply
>>371923
yeah I ended up taking 650mg or a low plat 3
time slowed down really slow as the peak set in
and wow that was intense
it was surprisingly spiritual, I could visualize all the possibilities of the things I could do as options and all the steps involved
I dissolved into the universe, felt like death, if fact I think dissociatives are much closer to what you feel right before real death than psychedelics
there was a point where I may have had an obe but I'm not really sure because I was afraid that I would die if I continued
there was the realization that life is the ultimate spiritual trip, every thing you do in your life ripples out in the universe
and there was much less anxiety than psychedelics
the visuals were different too, they were more dream like instead of the flowing geometric patterns and fractals
it was somewhat enlightening
probably won't do that again for a long time.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Fri, 15 May 2020 18:31:44 EST OoMgiDDf No.371926 Reply
>>371924
I've likened a high 3rd plat or 4th plat dose to ayahuasca before. The obe's that DXM produces is different but equally bizarre even when it's not abstract. If you throw weed in the mix there's at least a 50/50 chance you'll jump up half a plat or more in a way but it'll be subjectively more psychedelic that way than a straight up dissociative hole so to speak. I think it's more confusing with weed but also easier to remember than just downing 1300mg with potentiation and no tolerance. I think your experience with psychedelics did you well though to know you're not actually dying, but I still remember that time dilation early on and god damn.

On the feeling of NDE phenomenon and how dissos and psychs seem to want to mirror that I've had that similar delusion myself on high DXM doses that death was near or inevitable if I kept digging. With psychedelics for some reason I never had that inclination but also felt that I was exploring outside my body. I'm glad you had a good experience, but I still maintain that a little ganja goes a long way. Also if you ever get the courage for a 4th plat dose it really is up there with a high ayahuasca dose or 7+ gram mushroom trip, even if all those things are hard to remember.
>>
ShamanMyAss - Fri, 15 May 2020 21:05:55 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371927 Reply
>>371926
>Look at me everyone, sharing an opinion that no one asked for
>please pay attention to me and my 'giant' science cock
>>
ShawmInYourAssAgain - Sat, 16 May 2020 11:43:18 EST OoMgiDDf No.371929 Reply
>>371927
There's seriously something wrong with you. I imagine you're a sad lonely person in life that you behave this way. I can see why you retreat to drugs and childish anonymous insults. At this point though taking a name at all and acting in a specific insecure manner it kind of defeats some of the purpose. You should thank all the people in your life who put up with you.
>>
Henry Tillingstone - Sat, 16 May 2020 14:58:53 EST yO0cxlj3 No.371932 Reply
>>371929
/dis/cipline comes first above all else, and you susboi lack it entirely while trying to make up for it with projection. I'll catch you on the upside-down, I got sigma strides to make while you play pretend lol
>>
Charles Dablingmere - Sat, 16 May 2020 16:26:14 EST p6SXbIQk No.371933 Reply
>>371932
What does susboi mean? I stopped keeping up with obscure internet culture a long time ago. Some of you guys just sound like angry teenagers full of false confidence and delusion. If you wanna keep talking about sigma at least read the FAQ that old white Willie wrote while you were still watching Barney, because that's when he named it that well before either of us had likely done DXM. Doing drugs isn't a firm of discipline. That's what paying bills, raising a family, staying healthy, going to school, and having good credit is, grow up kiddo.

On the topic of the thread OP you said you didn't think you're going to do a dose like that again for a long time, but I was also going to mention that dissociatives synergize well with psychedelics. It's a worthy note and something different if you try them together.
>>
Phoebe Pillychitch - Sat, 16 May 2020 16:56:53 EST 1aXz9rMM No.371934 Reply
>>371933
maybe I'll do low-mid plat 2 with psychedelic sooner but plat 3 on it's own it will be a while
>>
Charles Dablingmere - Sat, 16 May 2020 17:19:13 EST p6SXbIQk No.371935 Reply
>>371934
That's probably a smart move. I've personally never done a good 3rd plat dose with a psychedelic. The furthest I've gone mixing it was 500mg with a mid dose of a psych and weed; even at middling doses of each and lots of experience with all of them it was a bit much.
>>
Henry Tillingstone - Sat, 16 May 2020 18:48:22 EST yO0cxlj3 No.371937 Reply
>>371933
People still use the DXM FAQ? That's hilarious, I still remember when I was a baby and did my 'research' by reading that hodgepodge. Ive been exploring sigma for a few years now and I can assure you that anything you think you know about it is wrong. Tell me, do you even know how to enter a lite Sigma from the 2nd plateau or even the 1st? Most people are idiots and jump into the deep end of Sigma from the 3rd plateau and end up in a psych ward. The rest end up dead or in jail from a lack of discipline. Please do share what you think sigma is, Im curious to see what monument your science cock has erected over your fragile ego.
>>
Molly Hemmlebatch - Sat, 16 May 2020 21:32:15 EST OoMgiDDf No.371939 Reply
>>371937
Sigma from what you describe is just sustained dissociation, and apparently for you a hugely inflated ego and sense if insecurity. No one here was ever on about ego, science cock, or whatever you keep going on about. We're having a discussion about a subject that's stated in the OP and using our own experiences to relate to eachother. This is the whole reason this board exists, for these discussions. That's not all the "research" to be done on DXM BUT he did beat you to the name. What you're doing is taking a name for something, like a store/brand/physical object/band/ect, and saying that the name within the subject is what you say it is. You were beat to the punch and sustained dissociation isn't special and neither is your narcissism.

As for my research on DXM I read research papers and articles that pop up. There's plenty of information about NMDA receptor agonists and seritonergic substances. Also there's the hundreds of times I've done it, but doing a drug=/=research unless you're cataloguing the experiences of others blah blah blah blah. As for how long you've been doing drugs it doesn't matter; quit making drugs look bad by existing as you do now. The FAQ is terribly dated and wrong in points, but it DID warn that DXM can make people act exactly as you are now.
>>
Shit Blorringfield - Sun, 17 May 2020 15:45:13 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371953 Reply
>>371939
Have you considered that you are a pompous ass? Wait, I already know the answer. You can only hide behind your words for so long. I hope the /dis/ gods take pity on you and help you through some much needed therapy as all you tend to do is project. Ah the good ol sphere of Yesod in Kabbalah, the crossroads of insight is an armchair philosopher's best friend.
>>
Molly Hemmlebatch - Sun, 17 May 2020 18:00:10 EST OoMgiDDf No.371959 Reply
>>371953
You know, I can see your poster ID and watch you get shut down by other people too, so you should be used to this. Whether or not anyone or anything said here, outside of facts which you seem to despise, has any validity is a matter of opinion. You are always quick to insult and I'm pretty sure I've never seen you try to be polite or have an intelligent conversation. You just resort to verbal shit flinging. Alway telling others to learn discipline while acting capriciously. I know the right thing to do is ignore you, but I fear you'll never get the help you need.
>>
Shit Blorringfield - Sun, 17 May 2020 19:09:48 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371960 Reply
>>371959
Oh no, peer pressure?!?!? I'm so ScArEd! What will I ever do if the hive doesn't accept me!!! Your arguements and retorts are like that of a seething retard, please reconnect and try again when you grow another brain cell
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 17 May 2020 19:24:18 EST OoMgiDDf No.371961 Reply
>>371960
Ad hominem attacks are always the signature of a moron. Sometimes when the whole world has a problem it's just you. Not saying one person can't make a stand or revolutionize, but it's likely someone acting like you isn't gonna do it.

If you take nothing else away from our interactions let it be this; when you post in a god damn thread can you at least let it be on topic, even if it's a shit post pretty please.
>>
Hedda Dishcheck - Sun, 17 May 2020 20:19:12 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371962 Reply
>>371961
Im not shitposting, just callin you out on being a shit poster
>>
Hedda Drullybere - Sun, 17 May 2020 23:58:47 EST KRBQNTrZ No.371968 Reply
>>371962

You're embarrassing me. Please go act a fool on some other website.
>>
Hedda Dishcheck - Mon, 18 May 2020 00:34:04 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371969 Reply
>>371968
Unless one steps blindly into the abyss, one cannot fathom harnessing its potential. Learn to take the leap of faith
>>
William Naffingstad - Mon, 18 May 2020 05:19:53 EST K3toyH0S No.371972 Reply
>>371903
Yeah thats what I think too. Its the same with bodily control - its enhanced some time around the 2nd plateau but it starts to get cut off - I think around the 2nd plateau peak - and your body control is degraded around the 3rd plateau. And for whatever reason I get a surge of bodily control immediately after drinking the syrup, every time, I don't know how thats possible but it happens. It feels like I can flex my muscles however I want, like I could pose really well as a bodybuilder. DXM also makes me really lean from the comeup onward (removes bloat etc, its like a diuretic).

Honestly I really hate the muffled sound effect. It just SUCKS!!! I know it just is what it is, but I hate it. Every single time I've reached the 3rd plateau I've involuntarily taken my headphones out because it just sucks to hear music when its so distant and muffled. And now that I think about it I can't much remember how much better the 3rd plateau CEVs are, though I know they should be better. There is one cool thing that DXM does though which is a cross-plateau effect, the effect of being able to hear subtle noises a long way off. I find it really peaceful to be peaking at about 11pm, into 12am and 1am and listening to all of the sounds of the night - probably random explosions or gunshots because my area is pretty ghetto lol, or a couple fighting a few doors down, or an animal like a cat picking a fight with another cat, or just the wind blowing stuff around.
>>
Caroline Shakeway - Mon, 18 May 2020 11:31:50 EST SLHZFl1u No.371976 Reply
>>371969

>look guise how much smarter I am than everyone by saying nothing intelligent and spewing esoteric gibberish

On cannot fathom the benifits of the jenk unless then henk the denk menk
>>
Alice Honeydock - Mon, 18 May 2020 16:48:38 EST ALzX+Sx5 No.371982 Reply
>>371972
Honestly never got sound distortion from 3rd plateau trips, visuals get whack but walking and hearing are always pretty functional. I like watching movies on 3rd plats.

>>371976
Im sorry you dont get my breadcrumb trail of references but then again Im too dissociated to give a damn
>>
Nicholas Cellybanks - Tue, 19 May 2020 08:01:59 EST 3OGiIcxr No.371988 Reply
>>371972
I feel ya on the flexion thing there. It's probably got something to do with serotonin levels since DXM acts as an SRI since I got that in sugar versions as well as syrup. Higher plats means stronger depressant effects so it makes sense it would overcome that and drop off eventually.

>>371982
You're speaking from the subjective experience and as though you're some authority on the subject you pompous douche. Sounds like all the trails of breadcrumbs you followed went right up your ass.
>>
Barnaby Billinglock - Tue, 19 May 2020 10:12:21 EST ALzX+Sx5 No.371989 Reply
>>371988
After all is said and done and the fire has died you still light the match. Did I not keep to the conversational point? Are you unable to see what you are projecting against what I reflect back? If you can't take it then why dish it out after the fact? I thought dissociatives users would be better at letting go by now
>>
Archie Nonnerstock - Tue, 19 May 2020 15:19:46 EST Qn+oiYDs No.371990 Reply
>>371989

>are you unable to see what you are projecting against what I reflect back

I'm just taunting you because its funny to me like when bugs bunny fucks with the opera singer. The thing is I started acting like you just to watch you argue with your own echoes, almost verbatim at points. Which is what I just did there. It should be humbling for you but I don't think it'll work. It also sounds like you haven't hit the 3rd plat before or maybe for a really long time. I've been here talking about this same stuff for about ten years now and it never really changes. I do value the nostalgic feeling this place gives me, it almost mirrors the substance itself.
>>
Henry Fackledale - Tue, 19 May 2020 16:16:42 EST HO9515qI No.371991 Reply
>>371990
Oh, Im fully aware of my own projections. Ive been processing and dealing with my issues using forums as a medium usually while Im dissociated. I like to let my demons get comfortable so they come out in the open where I can really purge them. These past few days have been cathartic to say the least. Sorry if I come off as rude and abrasive, its a mask I used don to help understand where some of my traumas had come from. Ive been coming here about 7 or 8 years myself I think at this point.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 19 May 2020 22:28:43 EST 8xj15ucZ No.371992 Reply
>>371991
What do your dosing patterns and amounts look like? Also do ever use ethanol to side step the neurologocal excitotoxic effects of DXM? Because it can rev the proverbial engine upstairs but if you don't short circuit those effects with some antidote it can do bad things.
>>
Basil Penderbanks - Tue, 19 May 2020 23:07:27 EST Qv4eF0jQ No.371993 Reply
>>371992
I always take a predose before I trip to dissociate my stomach so the nausea is non existent for large doses, 1st dose can be the day before the intended trip, maybe 300mg. Then for my extended dissociative states I take 888mg poli at +0, at +4 I take 225mg hbr, and at +7 I take 75mg hbr for a weight of 210lbs. That kind of trip usually lasts me 24+ hours from +0 onwards and eliminates the need to sleep shortly. After that I can sustain the states with small doses of dxm while allowing for sleep unless I want to go hard in which case I just start increasing the 2nd and 3rd redose amounts at equal percentages, so if I double the 2nd I double the 3rd. Never used ethanol because I never noticed any problems from the dxm. Care to explain the excitotoxic effects? Im curious as occasionally after the trips I would start nodding in and out of consciousness, wondering if thats part of it or just the withdrawal/crash. At this point pure doses of hbr hit me like sobriety mixed with slight amounts of dissociation as well as a state of pure gnosis to the thought patterns of my subconscious.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Wed, 20 May 2020 00:21:21 EST OoMgiDDf No.371995 Reply
>>371993
All NMDA receptor antagonists have excitotoxic effects, but not all of them cause Olney's lesions. So it changes levels of certain chemicals in the brain and basically leaves it over excited and that damages neurons and neuronal pathways, there's the short of it. Anticholinergics can help but they fucking suck subjectively depending on the person and it's better preventatively I think, not too sure, but I know ethanol short circuits all that pretty effectively. What you were experiencing was probably tolerance to it's more stimulating effects combined with actual exhaustion and it's CNS depressant effects all coming together. Also, how tall are you?
Personally I don't get much from DXM anymore unless I do retarded amounts that I'm uncomfortable with, but still I enjoy the energy, clarity, and mood elevation that 500 or 600mg offer.
>>
Doris Fongerchit - Wed, 20 May 2020 02:35:53 EST yO0cxlj3 No.371997 Reply
>>371995
6'1" and honestly I'm thinking it may be time to give up dxm entirely and take life into my own hands. I've been getting into fitness a lot more lately as well as improving my diet. A coworker pushed my to my limits with boxing training today and the after effects of the trips I have done recently were making me so gassy I was saying it was my secret weapon to do poison damage over time to my opponents. Dxm gave me the antidepressant effects that inspired me but it was just a crutch. I got two legs and I plan on using them. Ive also been inspired lately to really learn how to be more connected to God and to uplift and praise such a being that would reach out to me when I was in such a low state. Im dedicating my life to uplifting others at this point. Its been a crazy journey but I knew it had to end at some point. I think Ill still come back here for the laughs and community though. This place will always have a spot close to my heart.
>>
Doris Fongerchit - Wed, 20 May 2020 02:36:47 EST yO0cxlj3 No.371998 Reply
>>371997
I post between my phone at home and work as well as using my pc so my id changes semi-frequently if youre confused by that. Forgot to mention
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Thu, 21 May 2020 07:28:19 EST XSbYpqhL No.372014 Reply
>>371997
That's a good goal and honestly I've used DXM more as an antidepressant or nootropic than intoxicant the last 2 or so years. I'd dose up when I found myself on coach lock and go for a walk with the energy and make happy and polite conversation with strangers or passers-byes. Mustering the energy to right the imbalance within yourself without substance is good but using it when you're in the dumps isn't bad either, just don't live for it or by it I think. All of that thought process is just me though.
>>
SigmaShaman - Thu, 21 May 2020 18:39:37 EST HO9515qI No.372019 Reply
1590100777873.jpg -(104159B / 101.72KB, 630x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>372014
I vibe with that completely. The visuals and sensations just changed over the course of using it and my subconscious would freak out that I was breaking out of my shell and try to feed me self defeating thoughts and anxiety as to keep me in a state it deemed more comfortable. I finally had enough and decided I would quit everything and have one last dxm trip to give me a small nudge and then refuse to even partake in any substance during the afterglow as I also noticed taking anything in that state would almost eat up the time in the glow and shorten its duration thus pushing me to take dxm yet again. Never thought I would ever be this happy. I actually had an interview for a management position at my job today which is right next to the community college I plan on going to. It seems I'm in good standing for the position too. I've had a heart to heart with my own father about the state of our family and our health which went much better than I expected as well. I stood up to an ex I had reconnected with who was being pushy sexually and having too many expectations for me when she couldn't meet me as far as she wanted me to meet her. I do weighted backpacking and 42lbs is now baby weight for me so Im upping it to 60+ to intesify the core and back workout. Everything happened all so fast and only within about a week or two span of time. I almost don't know what to do with myself now that I'm no longer in the gutter of my mind. I'm just trying to inspire others to believe that they can make the same kind of progress as well in their own time. Might as well name drop my old ID while I'm at it, ain't no shame left for me to feel about anything anymore. Would you believe it was me you were talking to? :3
>>
Nell Heddledale - Sat, 23 May 2020 05:24:50 EST MYA7SC5S No.372029 Reply
>>372019 i just got out of k hole and it took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out what the fuck that pic means
>>
Eugene Gamblelock - Sat, 23 May 2020 16:28:38 EST kVHwGU4H No.372035 Reply
>>372019
good for you bruh. I'm glad you feel on top of it. may the force be with you.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 31 May 2020 03:24:19 EST OoMgiDDf No.372119 Reply
>>372019
I'm glad we could sort that out. Yep, I'm one of the "ancient" "oldfags" or "ancientfags" around here and I vaguely remember your name. I never posted with a trip code but have posted often through the years. Some of the stories circulating about DXM and it's OBE, OEV, and NDE like powers were me from a time I didn't namefag. Also the ones about doing a comparative challenge between varying doses of DXM and ayahuasca. I really did all those things and detoxed appropriately in between and explored a lot over the years. I'm a true sailor of the mind and soul and deeply love all you chattering dumb nuts, and that's why I spread all this harm reduction. I've saved lives here and IRL through works and actual medical training though no certs(even if I'm paying on it) were given in the end and I didn't want the legal liability it incurs. That way I could Shaman about town and yell forward listen to your god damn doctor and I migut help you with these plants or stretches for free. Also as I'd give food to the homeless on my long walks and treat injuries or teach how. If you need any advice and care to listen I've been around for a long time.
>>
Shit Nappergold - Sun, 31 May 2020 14:48:31 EST e9cvOVLj No.372120 Reply
>>371852
I shared the results of the study as a proof of concept. You said yourself that DXM is quasi-psychedelic in nature, but there isn't any particular reason for that when you compare its pharmacology with other dissociatives.

Honestly, that's all beside the point, because the term "psychedelic" has at least two commonly used meanings that change based on the context of the discussion. When talking about psychedelic drugs, it refers to classical serotonergic, 5-HT2A ([primarily) agonist drugs. When using the term "psychedelic" to describe an experience, it has a much broader meaning that used to more generally a hallucinatory state of consciousness marked by either increased sensory perception or significant perceptual disturbances that begin to vastly distort the perceived nature of one's reality and one's self.

In other words, it's used to describe the experience of controlled/contained psychosis, or an experience that at least shares many similarities with it.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 31 May 2020 20:47:14 EST 8xj15ucZ No.372123 Reply
>>372120
You're wrong, its a strong SRI that raises serotonin levels making it seritonergic or empathogenic/psych like MDMA as well as being a weak 5ht-2a agonist, look it up. It's MOSTY dissociative but high level disso trip are psychedelic in nature just like DMT is considered dissociative in some respect. Also DXM and DXO are independetly active and have different effects with some of DXM effects and metabolites being more psychedelic while DXO is purely dissociative with some very mild u opoid activity. It's just a weird god damn drug.
>>
Reuben Fonkinfock - Sun, 31 May 2020 22:08:13 EST e9cvOVLj No.372124 Reply
>>372123
Are you confusing me with somebody else, or misunderstood something I said? Because I didn't say or even imply anything about DXM not having psychedelic-like effects... in fact I literally say the opposite.

Also, the cause behind psychedelia and empathogen effects isn't as simple as raising serotonin levels. Why don't selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors produce any psychedelic or empathogen effects? Not only don't they, but they aren't even the least bit recreational. According to your logic, SSRIs and SNRIs should actually possess some decent recreational potential. I have no doubt that DXM's nature as an unselective serotonin reuptake inhibitor contributes to the resulting trips effects, but considering DXM is such a messy drug from a pharmacological standpoint, one of its primary active metabolites contributes just as much (if not more) to the hallucinogenic effects, and the effects of the other two aren't known but have limited evidence suggesting they potentially do have psychoactive effects of some kind, I don't think it's wise or accurate to assume that the SRI effect contributes to the psychedelic and empathogen-like effects that taking DXM produces... well, that's to say, not on its own.

Perhaps the downstream effects of all the NMDA antagonism are responsible for the psychotomimetic state of consciousness/hallucinogenesis potentiates the psych/empathogen effects significantly increased levels of serotonin can cause, or rathe rthat it potentially predisposes us to experiencing given the right conditions are met brain chemistry-wise (the aforementioned NMDA antagonism). DXM and DXO's moderate affinity for the sigma 1 receptor and the link that agonism of that receptor has to promoting the development of psychosis and psychotic thought patterns can't really be ignored here either.

Something important to note is that DXM's affinity for SERT in the rat (or was it mouse?) brain had a Ki of 23-40 nM. That's fairly potent, bnt there are several examples of rat/mice brains not being particularly accurate analogs when it comes to predicting the binding affinity a substance has to receptors in the human brain with any decent degree of accuracy. Ignoring that, let's say for the sake of discussion that it's the same in the human brain too. Most SSRI/SNRI antidepressants prescribed today have a Ki of 0.1-2.0 nM for SERT. Averaging this out to 1.5nM, DXM is anywhere between 17 and 26 times less potent as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor than a majority of SSRI/SNRIs are. When you do the math, taking anywhere between 400-700mg of DXM would result in the equivalent degree of serotonin reuptake inhibition that your standard SSRI/SNRI wou;d when taking a common moderate daily dose.

If higher serotonin levels were really all it would take to experience some euphoria and empathogenic effects, then even the doses prescribed to people just starting an SSRI/SNRI regimen should cause at least the level of music euphoria and empathogenic effects that a first plat dose of DXM produces. Again, I'm by no means saying that increaed serotonin activity (at least at particular receptors) isn't a component in producing psychedelic and empathogenic effects, but it's obvious that it isn't the only factor involved... hell, maybe it isn't even the most important factor either. I mean, just look at phenibut. It causes legitimate empathogenic effects and it's jsut a GABA-B agonist and a mild gabapentinoid agent (blocking alpha 2 delta sub-unit VDCCs). When you take it with a stimulant like amphetamine or meth, it straight up goes from having mild to moderate empathogenic effects to becoming the poor man's MDMA. If I combine phenibut with amphetamine and stay up for over 20 hours, I literally start to eperience all kidns of psychedelic hallucinations... and by psychedelic, I mean the kind that classical serotonergic/5-HT2A agonist psychedelics produce. My entire environement becomes tinted in a different color, things in my peripheral seem to shrink, grow, and move, and I see overlays of geometric patterns that only taking classical psychedelics causes in me (at least to my experience) Imagine MDMA crossed with a warm and more relaxing kind of feel (like either being a little bit drunk or taking a small dose of opioids would produce), as well as with a generic psychedelic, and also with a slight hint of a deliriant thrown in the mix.

Anyway, I digress. My point was that phenibut already achieves at least empathogen effects on its own, and a relatively unserotonergic stimulant like amphetamine being combined with it was enough to make it completely evolve into a unique psychedelic/empathogen hybrid. Now, what does the pharmacology of these two drugs have in common with DXM? Disinhibition in brain structures ordinarily critical for producing mundane, predictable, and stable sensory perceptions caused by substances that prevent signals from being communicated to various cortical areas of the brain and the thalamus (this is what phenibut does in particular). They also cause over-excitation of the dopaminergic neurons in the reward pathways and the frontal cortex, leading to downstream effects on glutamatergic activity (iirc, in the forebrain/frontal cortex as well). Amps causes this via its TAAR1 and VMAT2 agonism that make it a dopamine releasing agent, and DXM does it by inhibiting the PCP2 complex, which is presumed to be another dopamine reuptake complex based on the evidence available. At higher doses, the NMDA antagonism counters the increased levels of dopamien because of downstream effects resulting in a lessened dopaminergic activity, dopamine isn't the sole cause of schizophrenic-like psychotic episodes and hallucinations in and of itself, it's merely the precursor to what is likely the most significantly contributing factor, the excessive blutame activity in certain areas of the brain. It's observed that when given a dissocitive hallucinogen to mimick and model schizophrenia and psychosis in animals, there is an increase of glutamate activity in the forebrain (or whever it was, if I'm remembering incorrectly). This is what links dissociative hallucinogens to psychedelics in terms of brain activity, they seem to have significant overlap in the areas of the brain that ecessive glutmate activity is observed. Serotonin is an important neuromodulator functionally linked to the levels of dopamine a glutamate, which is why there's 3 main hypotheses of schizophrenia an dpsychosis.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 31 May 2020 22:53:18 EST OoMgiDDf No.372125 Reply
>>372124
I was half agreeing with you half disagreeing. When you left out the bit about sigma receptor activity that was the part that likens it to DMT a bit and I think the empathogenic entheogenic effects are caused by its general antidepressant activity which might be linked to its u opoid and pain relieving effects as well it's seritonergic effects. My apologies for the misunderstanding, but I mostly agree with you. As for the phen plus amps making you trip it could be breaking down into PEA like substances and the liver being spent on cytochrome enzymes letting it pass the BBB aand mingling with trypatimes producing those PEA effects if I had to guess but who really knows. I think it's a mix of serotonin, glutamate, NMDA, increased neuronal activity, hemispheric chatter, and some other things that make all this what it is. Again we could both be wrong but I think we're getting somewhere near the right track.
>>
Reuben Fonkinfock - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:43:57 EST e9cvOVLj No.372126 Reply
>>372125
Sorry if I was a bit of a dick with my last response. i'm honestly surprised you took the time to read it. It's one of my many addy fueled walls of text responses I write up almost compulsively for about 3 to 5 days out of the month when I run out of my script.

Not only that, but you made an interesting response that feels like I'm having an actual discussion with somebody on subject matter I never get to discuss with anyone beyond my one-sided walls of text that amount to little more than a glorified information dump that nobody actually wanted or asked for.

Well, too bad I took some DXM after being up for 2 and a half days on adderall because it's rather euphoric and can helps me get to sleep or otherwise relaxes me. That said, I'm too spacey and confused in general to haveengange in in intelligent and long-winded discussion.

You know, I've seen people on various boards give you some shit, probably in large part because you're a tripfag, but you're alirght nigga
>>
Reuben Fonkinfock - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:52:12 EST e9cvOVLj No.372127 Reply
>>372126
>or about 3 to 5 days out of the month when I run out of my script.
Was meaning to say that for the 5 or so days I have my adderall script, I tend to compulsively write out huge walls of text. I regularly stop halfway through and go do something and when I come back I decide, "fuck it, why am I even responding?" and delete it, or finish a post up and realize it's pointlessly ridiculously way too large and no one will want to read it or that it won't get read anyway because what I'm responding to, so I just delete those too, heh. It's like, just not not possible for me to give simple and concise responses to anything while on adderall.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:23:59 EST xjm9YnvV No.372131 Reply
>>372126
I read research papers so it's a quick read to me. It takes about 45 seconds to a minute and a half. I'm only a namefag but it's just cause I've been around so long I got tired of people thinking others were me and someone called me this so I owned it. Although anyone can type it in, but if you take the name of shaman and abuse it supposedly your soul pays dearly. I've heard of people not getting aya to work ever or stuff of that nature so knows. Still, I've spent thousands of hours reading and doing this and actual curandero work so it's cool and I appreciate it. I'm used to axiomatic prejudicial scrutiny so it's nice to be seen finally, thank you and much luv.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:24:41 EST xjm9YnvV No.372132 Reply
>>372126
I read research papers so it's a quick read to me. It takes about 45 seconds to a minute and a half. I'm only a namefag but it's just cause I've been around so long I got tired of people thinking others were me and someone called me this so I owned it. Although anyone can type it in, but if you take the name of shaman and abuse it supposedly your soul pays dearly. I've heard of people not getting aya to work ever or stuff of that nature so knows. Still, I've spent thousands of hours reading and doing this and actual curandero work so it's cool and I appreciate it. I'm used to axiomatic prejudicial scrutiny so it's nice to be seen finally, thank you and much luv.>>372127
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:26:36 EST xjm9YnvV No.372133 Reply
>>372132
God dammit double post sorry.

I am a cook and avid weight lifter as well lol
One day I'll scrub the exif and take a pic to show you all my 365lb mestizo outline
>>
Beatrice Clayhall - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 15:59:09 EST 57OBjnxT No.372140 Reply
1591127949002.jpg -(56917B / 55.58KB, 960x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I know a guy who had a major freakout from taking a not even a heroic dose of 2C-B. He had long been a "psychonaut" and a big acid guy, but never used phenethylamines before, and something just went wrong and he wasn't ready for it. and ended up flipping out from over-stimulation or something. and that's both psys.

There's no harm in easing into it.

The lesser plats have their own unique value as well.

Like smoking good weed and listening to music on ~350mg is awesome in a way that is different from the awesomeness of experiencing the higher plateaus, like the lower doses, you're still here just having a great high and weird headspace and effects, and then as you get higher up to me its like you become a non human entity who is processing what a high is through some meat machine called the "human body".

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.