Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Paroxetine and DXM

- Sun, 10 May 2020 00:15:37 EST XR2H1RQ4 No.371835
File: 1589084137361.jpg -(194290B / 189.74KB, 820x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Paroxetine and DXM
I consumed 40mg paroxetine a little more than 24 hours ago. I didn't consume any SSRIs for years, only this one dose. Is it safe for me to do a 2nd plat DXM trip now?
>>
Fanny Blivingfoot - Sun, 10 May 2020 00:23:27 EST XR2H1RQ4 No.371836 Reply
>>371835
P.S.: If the serotonin levels get too high, can a serotonin antagonist like olanzapine or quetiapine be helpful?
>>
Fanny Blivingfoot - Sun, 10 May 2020 07:52:20 EST XR2H1RQ4 No.371847 Reply
>>371835
ok guys i'll try it anyway, just please tell me how unpleasant is dying from serotonin syndrome? is it very unpleasant?
>>
Edwin Greendock - Sun, 10 May 2020 15:17:52 EST cIJPgeW7 No.371849 Reply
>>371847
Do you want to feel all your limbs uncontrollably shake to the point where you lapse into a fever and your muscles break down and clog your kidneys permanently? Do you like losing your state of being alert and oriented to person, time and place?

>One notable case that garnered national attention was that of Libby Zion, an 18-year-old college freshman with a history of depression who was being treated with phenelzine. She was admitted to Manhattan's New York Hospital on the evening of October 4, 1984, with agitation, disorientation, fever, and jerky body motions. Libby was prescribed an injection of meperidine to calm her and control her shaking, and, later, when her agitation increased, an injection of haloperidol. She eventually fell asleep, but when her temperature was taken at 6:30 am, it was 107°F. Emergency measures were undertaken to lower her temperature, but Libby experienced cardiac arrest and died.
>>
Ian Sassleworth - Sat, 23 May 2020 17:27:38 EST 0A9KAlCN No.372036 Reply
>>371849
Good ol' 80s, come to the hospital complaining of drug complications and they shoot you up with demerol.
>>
Barnaby Nickleway - Mon, 25 May 2020 16:11:15 EST e9cvOVLj No.372072 Reply
>>371847
You won't, or I assume didn't die of SS. But still, I've had SS 3 times I can remember, and each time, especially the first because I didn't know what was going on, were pretty unpleasant. I got extremely confused, everything felt just "wrong" and broken, I was somewhat paranoid but moreso just confused, and had some delusional trains of thought.

I'd get muscle cramps and spasms really easily, and when I walked it felt like my legs would shoot through the fuckin floor, like they were being piston-driven downward at high speed. The second and third time I tried something out to help with my legs bolting downward when trying to walk. It felt as though the signal my brain was sending to my legs to move was being amplified severalfold along the journey. So, to counter this, I tried sending much weaker mental signals to move my legs, and it helped me walk at least somewhat more correctly.

I also usually can't pee when experiencing it, usually because high amounts of DXM have been involved in all 3 cases of it I've experienced.
>>
Barnaby Nickleway - Mon, 25 May 2020 16:12:07 EST e9cvOVLj No.372073 Reply
>>372072
Oh yeah I also was sweating profusely and was hypothermic/feverish.
>>
Albert Fullernat - Wed, 27 May 2020 08:09:53 EST 4qWwyTtz No.372090 Reply
Sorry guys i forgot about this thread, i did 532mg at the time when i made this thread, and there were no complications. But DXM felt less potent, felt like maybe 300mg. I guess my luck was i only did 40mg paroxetine to try out if it would feel a little like ecstasy like the first time i was prescribed escitalopram, but i didn't take it for extended periods of time, only a single dose.
>>
Wesley Crubblebury - Fri, 29 May 2020 20:09:45 EST e9cvOVLj No.372101 Reply
>>372090
Did you take hbr or poli? 532mg is very close to 534mg, which is how much is in a small bottle of poli/delsym.

Paroxetine is both a substrate and potent inhibitor of CYP2D6, so that means you likely experienced a much greater DXM to DXO ratio. I'm prescribed cymbalta myself, which isn't an inhibitor but is a substrate of CYP2D6 and I notice the same thing myself--the trip is much more mild. DXO is responsible for a majority of the trippiness.

If I take delsym I basically don't even feel a small bottle of it. I have a pretty huge permatolerance to DXM as it is, and taking poli causes the DXM to trickle out of the chained-plastic poli coating at a very slow rate due to its semi-permeability. The DXM self-prevents the metabolism of the DXM still being released into DXO because it is saturating the liver enzymes, and CYP2D6 is what metabolizes it into DXO and is what normally is responsible for metabolizing like 75% of the DXM. With Paroxetine (or for me, cymbalta) inhibiting and also over saturating the CYP2D6 enzyme, more of the DXM is forced to be metabolized by CYP3A4 and flows through the bloodstream longer waiting for enzymes to open up.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.