Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Can you take dxm on benzos?

- Sun, 24 May 2020 19:33:30 EST /m75evpI No.372051
File: 1590363210728.jpg -(5873387B / 5.60MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Can you take dxm on benzos?
I've been trying to research this question but I keep finding conflicting information. I take 1mg klonopin twice daily and was wondering how safe it it would be to gor for a low plat dose. I'm shooting for first, maybe second. I'm not sure how high the risk of respiratory depression is.
>>
Cyril Gommerpetch - Sun, 24 May 2020 22:06:10 EST E1hV/ybT No.372053 Reply
It's safe on 'tradtional dissociatives like ketamine. Benzos are commonly mixed on anesthetic doses.

Don't know about DXM.
>>
Barnaby Nickleway - Mon, 25 May 2020 07:56:27 EST e9cvOVLj No.372067 Reply
>>372051
I've taken xanax on DXM, iirc up to 1-2mg. It seemed to kill the more hallucinogenic/trippy aspects and just make you chilled and sedated in a dissociative way. Then again I have a massive tolerance to DXM, so your mileage will likely vary.
>>
Slim Jim - Mon, 25 May 2020 13:17:31 EST DqdsUJkA No.372070 Reply
1590427051689.jpg -(32851B / 32.08KB, 288x288) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Yeeeeesss you can
Certainly you can
dude my fuckin man,
please just understand

klon and xans,
or take a little cLam to get to blackout land,
with handcuffs on your hands

Benzo + Dissos man, the leader of the chill and it's a real trip,
Benzo + dissos man, amnesia out the ass and boy, it sure is fun
The interactions safe, but you'll probably break some stuff

(benzo + dissos man)
>>
Wesley Cedgesot - Thu, 28 May 2020 10:02:46 EST 9YudRErz No.372095 Reply
>>372070
brain damage is not fun. do not take dxm and benzos. honestly just dont take benzos at all because that shit is garbage for you
>>
Frederick Goodgold - Thu, 28 May 2020 22:46:06 EST KRBQNTrZ No.372097 Reply
1590720366829.jpg -(205148B / 200.34KB, 1000x687) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>372095

It all seems like fun and games until you get irreparable psychological damage. Best not to risk it, you've been warned.
>>
Nell Pazzletut - Fri, 29 May 2020 23:23:07 EST 57OBjnxT No.372103 Reply
>>372095
Are you seriously on the recreational dissociative board trying to warn people about drugs that are garbage for your health lol. Reasonable levels of recreational use of benzos is pretty benign. certainly much more benign than drinking 2 bottles of robo every weekend.

>>372097
There's no negative chemical interaction here. learn 2 chem.

It reminds me of like when you're grandpa will come around will an old wives tale and when you are like "yeah but that's not true at all" instead of admitting that he doesn't know either way he'll go, you've been warned!

I'm not saying to do this all the time, as with any drug, but I hate when people get into drug fanboying and vague drug mythos "drug x is bad...just...because...." and they'll maybe give some anecdotes of their friends who were retards and then say the drug is the retard.

if YOU can't handle using drugs like benzos without getting addicted or fucking things up, that's a you problem, because they are one of the more safe and certainly most potentially useful things to have in a drug use kit (with the exception of opiates and in combo with other things that cause notable respiratory depression)
>>
Wesley Crubblebury - Sat, 30 May 2020 01:25:23 EST e9cvOVLj No.372104 Reply
>>372103
DXM can increase the respiratory depressant effects of the benzo, despite DXM itself causing slight respiratory stimulation. NMDA receptor function is co-localized with GABA-A function. Both GABA and NMDA receptors have evidence of affecting adenosine levels too. This makes the interaction between an NMDA antagonist and a GABA-A positive allosteric modulator like xanax rather hard to predict beyond simply increasing respiratory depression.

Xanax is metabolized by CYP3A4, and so is DXM and one or two of its metabolites. DXM Is also metabolized by CYP2D6, but xanax isn't. This will result in the potentiation of the xanax and a longer clearance time for it.

I agree that there aren't any terribly significant negative interactions between these substances (unless you take massive doses of either or both), it's pretty pretentious to tell somebody else to learn 2 chem and say there isn't a possibility of negative effects from these two drugs or their metabolites interacting with one another when honestly there is.
>>
Walter Mommlewill - Sat, 30 May 2020 02:04:55 EST 8o+C2Kwn No.372105 Reply
ah, this is nostalgic
as somebody who made this thread over a decade ago and is still taking clonazepam, get used to people acting like you taking your daily baseline meds is the same thing as popping a xanax
>>
Nell Pazzletut - Sat, 30 May 2020 03:06:48 EST 57OBjnxT No.372106 Reply
>>372104
I didn't say there is no interaction whatsoever, I said "there's no negative interaction", as in like one would see with ssri+dxm, or one that would even be noticeable at all.

We can get into theoretical interactions and whatever possiblities, but the risk is so low that I think going through the chemistry with a fine tooth comb would be like if your doctor insisted on reading you every piece of literature he has on a medication he wants to prescribe you because .0004% of the research group had their dick fall off.
>>
Wesley Crubblebury - Sat, 30 May 2020 15:47:47 EST e9cvOVLj No.372113 Reply
>>372106
my point is that it can cause a negative reaction. dissociative anesthetics are known to increase the depressant effects of depressants, meaning it will increase the respiratory depression xanax can cause. it also interferes with xanax's metabolism, meaning it results in higher plasma levels of xanax in the bloodstream and a longer clearance time, which also means increased respiratory depression.

like i said, as long as it isn't huge doses of either, it's not a big deal, but it's straight up a lie to say there isn't any possible negative interaction.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.