Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Drugs effect your perception

- Sat, 12 Sep 2020 07:42:41 EST WU4NaG++ No.373100
File: 1599910961903.jpg -(13972B / 13.64KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Drugs effect your perception
Do you ever forget that tripping alters YOUR perception of the world, rather than altering the world itself? Because I've often thought the latter. E.g. I thought that time was slowing down (rather than time is slowing down for my organism).

And this relates to how when I took my first psychedelic it gave me the immediate revelation that the world I'm experiencing is one experienced subjectively, and that there is no objective reality - e.g. objects look a certain size to some people and another size to other people (e.g. children vs adults).
>>
guardian_angel !LhwrleQFRU!!fAsQkk7h - Sat, 12 Sep 2020 08:41:34 EST W+Ba+jWt No.373101 Reply
no... actually it sounds p stupid to think that if YOU took a substance the fabric of the shared world experience is altered. tbh
>>
Graham Bardson - Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:13:36 EST 9YudRErz No.373107 Reply
>>373101
maybe you're tuning into what's actually there, when normally for some reason(s) you're tuned out of it.

big brain
>>
James Pammerpock - Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:48:14 EST 9taJEd+t No.373108 Reply
Unless the world is the mental landscape of a being deep in sleep. You wouldn't even know if you were a dream character in the mind of an expansive being. If such a being were to take drugs, which would be a mental portal to different states of being, then the landscape and inhabitants would definitely change.
>>
Jenny Gengerfield - Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:01:55 EST BsDyU0KJ No.373154 Reply
>>373107
That's assuming the world is something to be tuned into in the first place. Our entire understanding of the brain is that it generates its own approximation of the reality it is a part of, which isn't just a one-off hypothesis about how consciousness works. It's supported by all kinds of independent fields of study, including pharmacological studies utilizing hallucinogenic substances.

Yeah, science isn't everything, but it actually makes a legitimate attempt to understand what's taking place while factoring in the human capacity for error and taking step to remove any sources of it from the results we get. High/trippy thoughts and thought experiments are cool, but their merit actually has to be measured against at least some body of knowledge/evidence... and that evidence suggests the idea that your brain tunes into reality, and tunes in to an even more accurate version of that reality when on hallucinogens, is not the case.
>>
Beatrice Challerfuck - Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:08:23 EST 9YudRErz No.373155 Reply
>>373154
Not really.. It's cool that you have a will though.
>>
qastrain - Fri, 18 Sep 2020 22:33:02 EST sRbL9myM No.373165 Reply
1600482782532.png -(811198B / 792.19KB, 836x777) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I just wanted to say that after awhile of being uncertain about it regardless of how much I didn't actually think about it, I finally have realized the difference between affect/effect and I would like to thank op for this moment of clarity. As for the drugs, shit... they don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
Albert Crarringshaw - Sun, 20 Sep 2020 20:23:25 EST KUYSGtMg No.373185 Reply
I think it's safe to say that hallucinogenically induced psychosis is prone to causing solipsistic thoughts. To me, it's perfectly reasonable that a person could logically conclude the possibility of sensational experience being illusory, and that the external world isn't external at all, or at all what it appears.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.