Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Uhhh

- Sat, 18 May 2019 06:28:28 EST 5Ybfkxzp No.46236
File: 1558175308198.png -(695386B / 679.09KB, 720x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Uhhh
I don't know what to call this. Lately, when I lay down to sleep I first drift into this vivid alter reality. It's not like a dream because I can hear everything around me in the waking world and sense my laying body, but it's more like while I'm there thinking, I lose control of my thoughts in a slow and seamless way as for me not to notice until everything is suddenly weird and derailed. If any out of place noise happens, I snap out of it like hypnosis. When I actually fall asleep, I either see only black and wake up disoriented as if first being born or I have hyper realistic long dreams that are indistinguishable from real life. I can pick up a book and turn the pages. I've read things I've never seen before. I'm really baffled by the whole experience and have been for many years, but I wonder if anyone has ever heard of anything like this before?
>>
Ian Dripperdock - Mon, 20 May 2019 02:48:39 EST QZp0p4TU No.46237 Reply
I don't know if there's a name for it, but it sounds both cool and spooky at the same time. If you could manage to lucid dream while you were doing it, or at least remember what the stuff like the pages on the books said, you could get a lot out of these.
>>
Reuben Fuckingwater - Sat, 25 May 2019 03:14:44 EST VqVS3s99 No.46242 Reply
>>46237
No luck remembering pages, I do remember some really crazy details and bits though that make me concerned I'm having premonitions especially when I have a short hyper vivid dream where I'm fully unlucid. I cant tell it's not real so lately I've been waking up and having to ask myself if some things were dreams or memories an to be completely honest Im not always sure
>>
Archie Dacklewell - Sat, 25 May 2019 20:24:57 EST 0Xi3iH9B No.46243 Reply
>>46236
I experience the first stage sometimes. I only remember it ending in me waking up so I'm not sure if it's just the early stages of dreaming that you don't normally remember or a different sort of sleep that doesn't go anywhere. I suspect it's the former and only goes through your short term memory, so if you don't snap awake it's forgotten when you do different things with that space.

My actual dreams are different. They feel different at the time but there's things which just wouldn't sit well with reality if I was awake.
>>
Martin Grimfuck - Sat, 25 May 2019 20:37:52 EST mW2kg70A No.46244 Reply
I get something somewhat similiar (in that I'm still "in" the wakeful world) when I do something logical too much during the days repetitively. Like a pre-sleep stage where I have to what feels like eternally repeat (not manually though, it churns on by itself, but I still feel the mental effort) an unsolveable version of that logical puzzle, be it math, strategy games (into the breach really made my sleep suffer) or anything like that.

Never anything with situations or dreamlike though, just the barest necessary abstraction of whatever it is. So frustrating when it happens, I usually just drift off minutes after laying down but these unsolveable challenges make me toss and turn for hours, and you just know that if I could just fucking solve it I'd drift off peacefully and instantly.
>>
Jarvis Bloddlehedging - Mon, 27 May 2019 01:59:58 EST kjSB1h2Q No.46245 Reply
>>46236
This sounds so similar to what i have experienced during naps whether it be at home or simply just during class.
>>
Emma Pockstone - Mon, 27 May 2019 11:10:37 EST ywvUPnPp No.46247 Reply
>>46244
Oh man I get these too
It's like you see the machinery behind whatever thought process you use (but modify for each specific situation) when doing whatever you were doing
And it just happens over and over and over again like your brain is stuck in a certain "mode" waiting for more input
I get this with TCGs a lot where I end up playing against myself using cards that my brain made up (often nonsensical and with unintuitive rules, but I'm still expected to win and know what to do). In the moment I'm completely absorbed and it's like I've been removed from my context and these thoughts are all that exist. I come out of it really wishing that I could just have some quiet me time in my head where all of my personality and perceptions are intact.
I got it as a result of using dissociatives. It started with hallucinating floating wow text.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.