Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Dreams

- Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:37:29 EST l93+nDBG No.46257
File: 1560908249264.png -(31682B / 30.94KB, 640x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dreams
Huh. For context before I start: I was completely sober when I had these dreams, I'm a white American and the only Indian (as in India and not native) person I knew in the past was a single individual, and he was just a friend of a friend. They cut off communications shortly after I got to know both of them so my encounters with him were short and brief. I don't have any personal experience with Hinduism either, besides knowing some names from a mobile game I play.

A pretty long time ago, I'd say anywhere between 5-8 years ago, I had a dream where after splitting off from a group of friends, I was sexually attacked by someone who was stalking me. Someone approached me, shape-shifted into a little Indian girl and told me to come with her to her home. Her mom was cooking dinner and she would keep me safe. Near the end of the dream I told her I had to go, and before I left, she asked if she could give me a hug. I agreed and when she held me, I felt an additional pair of arms from her touch and cheeks and caress my face. She told me I could come to her whenever I felt like I was in danger and that she would protect me. I haven't seen her since.

I had a dream last night where (after some abstract shit happened) I was wandering around an suburban area with a friend, and at one point we split up. I went into a residential area and was admiring the houses I passed, and eventually one caught my eye. There was a shrine, with access from the outside world, with a gorgeous statue of a woman with multiple arms in a covered area. I believe it was either Lakshmi or Durga; I can't remember the specifics. I approached the statue and paid my respects. For some reason I felt compelled to go further into the home, maybe in case there were more shrines, but I went further in and found a statue of Vishnu. I paid my respects to him and went further inside. As I got near the third shrine the family who lived there came up to me, and suddenly we were in their living room. The father was sitting there, the mother was talking to me, they had a child but I didn't see them well enough to know any details. Out of nowhere, the woman was being so... motherly to me. Encouraging me to continue writing and illustrating (which I do in real life), and saying all these other kind things to me. I can't remember what happened after that but it was so wonderful hearing that from someone I didn't know.

Personally I'm a bit skeptical of whether dreams truly have meanings or not, and while I'm not religious in the least, the first dream really stood out to me and this one is as well. I wonder if they mean something.
>>
Nigel Gicklelare - Fri, 21 Jun 2019 13:06:45 EST 8jSpkd7c No.46258 Reply
>>46257
I'm a skeptic in general but even I believe dreams have some meaning. Not necessarily a message from a higher power or a deep magical reflection of yourself but that they reflect something that is on your mind. Your brain conjures them without sensory input so it's pulling on the stuff already in there.

Maybe it's a mix of the mobile game and other things. There does seem to be some reassuring motherly figure in both. I mean it could easily be a void in your life and things you want to hear, or perhaps you already know what the dream is telling you.

I think significant female figures, what you want or feel etc are more relevant than the religious imagery. I mean Hindiuism is sort of fucked up like most religions but it comes with it's own iconography and imagery and art and culture and influence on the cultures it most affects and that is to say it's different to our Western influences and how they affect our art and culture. As such it's always going to stand out and have a "magical" quality because it's alien and often beautiful in a different way to the things we're used to.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.