Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Bizarre disturbing nightmares and the significance of red LED numbers?

- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 19:55:14 EST 8p0gywoX No.46379
File: 1573174514451.jpg -(133128B / 130.01KB, 1280x786) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Bizarre disturbing nightmares and the significance of red LED numbers?
Recently I have been having increasingly vivid, abstract, and disturbing dreams. I've always had frequent vivid dreams but this has gotten out of control and takes the joy out of sleeping when I have these terrifying nightmares every night. Common themes of being trapped in an inescapable loop, abstract apocalyptic scenarios where everyone in the world dies in messed up ways.

for example the world's population having their minds corrupted and their bodies transformed into disgusting cartoony-like caricatures that increasingly transform into further twisted creatures and shapes. they spread their plague like a zombie apocalypse until no one is left.

another dream was about me somehow developing a computer program that somehow effected causality and brought a devil into this world (i'm not religious but this was like a manifestation of evil). i had to contain it but in doing so i could never leave that building and anyone who entered became trapped in this isolated hell filled with demonic spirits.

my most recent dream was about working with this group of scientists who have found a way to astral project to locations beyond the observable universe and view an advanced alien civilization. But this was a mistake as they had ways of sensing our astral forms and once they became aware of us they set off to enslave humanity. This dream was actually kinda neat because i got to see extremely vivid advanced alien civilizations and there was just so much to see i cant even begin to explain it all. However this dream went on and on feeling never ending as the situation became progressively more hopeless.

all of these dreams were so vivid i felt like they were real, despite being so "fantastic." however, what disturbed me the most was waking up from these dreams, i see my room but there is an overlay of these red LED numbers like on an old digital alarm clock covering my field of vision. for the record i have never owned a clock like this. these numbers are difficult to make out and when i try to focus on them they fade away. First time this occurred, i didnt think anything of it. however, the past 4 dream experienced this week have all ended with me waking up to seeing these red LED digital numbers overlaying my vision.

After the fourth time seeing these numbers, i began to be disturbed by it. i try to rationalize it as a sleep paralysis hallucination where i think i'm awake but i'm still not out of my dream yet, but as far as i can tell, this doesnt feel like sleep paralysis. it feels like i'm seeing these hallucinations briefly after waking up. plus why these digital red numbers? It's just very unsettling to me. especially since it keeps reoccurring. its not normal for my dream elements to reoccur repeatedly.

I would like to hear people's thoughts on this, and if anyone out there possibly had any similar experiences, or has any insight on what i'm experiencing. i hope i'm not losing my mind lol.
>>
Srauitra - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 06:48:52 EST XOnF3deH No.46381 Reply
>>46379
>about me somehow developing a computer program that somehow effected causality and brought a devil into this world (i'm not religious but this was like a manifestation of evil).
My fam member Tobi killed himself.. he was a trucker and a Linux genius... In his suicide note it said.. he wanted something more real.
I conclusion I fear it was just a matter of him always carring...
As for something good for n-acetyl cycetinian it helps you if you just don't want to dream. Which is what you've been writing about... All in all you have to decide whether you want to dream or just throw it away.
In my opinion I don't dream hardly at all unless I fall short of somthing like losing what I call priority one in my little collection of nessiticys.
>>
Eugene Turveywill - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 01:40:24 EST 8p0gywoX No.46382 Reply
>>46381
Sorry to hear about Tobi. Hopefully he has been released from his pain.

I don't want to stop dreaming completely. I have had many valuable and enjoyable dream experiences in the past. I just wish to not experience these hellish nightmares. i've been seeking therapy in hope to improve myself
>>
Eugene Turveywill - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 01:48:07 EST 8p0gywoX No.46383 Reply
>>46382
I add to this, last i slept, i didnt experience any specific dreams nor the wake up hallucination. I will further documents updates
>>
Wesley Pittworth - Mon, 11 Nov 2019 22:05:11 EST tXkH4esi No.46386 Reply
holy fuck, giant red LED numbers have always terrified me, i thought i was the only one, they were in my nightmares all the time and i distinctly remember as a kid when i was in the dark i'd think about them and faintly see them in my vision, even looking at that clock as a grown adult is making me incredibly uneasy. Why? the only thing that scared me more as a kid was the concept of eternity and living for eternity (which I was guaranteed like it was a good thing growing up Christian) but i think the clock thing came first

what the fuck i'm looking at that picture more now and it somehow looks genuinely evil
>>
Charlotte Murdfuck - Tue, 12 Nov 2019 20:51:59 EST 8p0gywoX No.46388 Reply
OP here, its been almost a week, and the intensity of my dreams have dulled down, but I still keep waking up with a red "fog" over my vision. It only lasts a few seconds then I go back to sleep. this occurs until i wake up for the day.

>>46386
as I said, this i the first time I have seen these red LED numbers manifest, and its fucking weird seeing them, but now my dreams have become less vivid and I am seeing like a red "mist" when i open my eyes, which can make me see faces form from my scenery but once i wake in a couple seconds i realize it is an illusion created by my surroundings twisted with this red tint. Basically a wakening hallucination that only lasts a moment.
>>
Charlotte Murdfuck - Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:05:11 EST 8p0gywoX No.46389 Reply
>>46386
Also, I neglected to ask in my previous post, what do these red LED numbers mean to you? Does it have to do with this concept of eternity you mentioned? I find it interesting.

From my experience, these red numbers immediately reminded me of the matrix. like these red numbers represented some code, or fabric. Now, i'm what i hope would considered "rational" so this is just dream magic. but i find satisfaction in entertaining the notion.
>>
Lillian Tootlock - Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:59:37 EST PX67poBR No.46390 Reply
1573696777906.png -(12426B / 12.13KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>46379
I've heard that using cannabis kills your ability to enter REM sleep reliably, which is the time of sleep that dreams occur usually. Maybe you should head off to /weed/ and /ana/ to corroborate.
>>
Wesley Blackdock - Thu, 14 Nov 2019 12:35:14 EST RIEd1Nnq No.46391 Reply
>>46390
I've heard this too but I've smoked weed nearly every day for the past 10 years. I don't think it has that effect on me since I dream regularly. I must have an active imagination.
>>
David Soffinglere - Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:39:25 EST I6KAUwnN No.46392 Reply
>>46391
I found cessation of smoking for more than a few days results in really vivid dreams. Usually intense horrible ones.

I think if you're regularly smoking enough that you sleep high your body will find a new homoestasis and your dreams will almost return to normal. However when your body loses the weed it's used to, it's used to overcomiing it's effect and you get fucked up psychodrama or I did.
>>
Jenny Gennersere - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 19:51:16 EST JtfrM+hS No.46395 Reply
1573951876351.jpg -(243021B / 237.33KB, 964x623) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>46390
When I started my most recent T-break I almost immediately noticed I was dreaming more often, more vidily and I could remember the details much more clearly.

Not bad dreams, either, mostly nostalgic and comfy.
>>
Cedric Tillingforth - Mon, 02 Dec 2019 01:20:39 EST CxCgb7qF No.46412 Reply
My nightmares have gotten worse. I am now seeing full on demon-like creatures in my vision when I wake up. I am no longer scared at this point. I find these waking hallucinations kinda cool.
>>
Dreamer - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 06:42:09 EST ppNzA+Pv No.46416 Reply
>>46379

>the world's population having their minds corrupted and their bodies transformed into disgusting cartoony-like caricatures

Do you perhaps believe that people you see around you don't think properly, or don't show how they truly are? Perhaps the way people act is positively repulsive to you. This is normal.

>summoned a devil

You have made some poor decisions with how you've lived your life so far, and you feel like you've locked yourself into the life you have with these decisions. Anyone who has made the same decisions as you would suffer the same fate. You can still change, OP. Anyone can change their life if they turn towards what they know is good.

>aliens invade

If there's some personal symbolism for you regarding aliens or astral projection, then that's your answer. But I'm 75% sure that this is just an adventure-type dream that your mind is using to relieve stress.

>red LED numbers

This is indeed a dream. "seeing hallucinations briefly after waking up" is another way of saying "dream sequences are still firing in the neurons after waking up". If I could guess, I'd say it represents a countdown or a timer. The exact time is difficult to make out, but your brain is telling you that something must be urgently dealt with in your life, related to the previous dreams.
>>
Darious Shittingcock Assquire - Fri, 10 Jan 2020 07:08:19 EST xquk0jRW No.46460 Reply
1578658099202.jpg -(164731B / 160.87KB, 571x474) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>46379
Perhaps you will eventually be able to read the hazy, glowing numbers which appear as a lasting stamp of finality to the dream. You will notice in time that they are counting down. You return over and over again to these "sci-fi" scenarios which progress gradually and seem more and more real. When the countdown on the red digital numbers reaches zero you will awaken in the "real" worlds; the series of worlds you have visited being some of the myriad dimensions you now experience as your reality and are able to freely traverse. Will you ever wake up back here? Who knows. Perhaps you won't want to.
>>
Phineas Hobblewill - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:40:18 EST JlI2xY8Z No.46471 Reply
While hypnogogic hallucinations are those which occur briefly before sleep.. hypnopompic hallucinations are those which occur briefly after waking up from a dream. Although the significance to the red digital timer is individual to you and your culture, experiences etc, at least what you are experiencing is a well-known human experience. The opposite of what you're experiencing would be like seeing images or getting the sense you're somewhere else at another time, such as that you have tripped or are falling down. Or maybe one believes that they are back at work, earlier that day doing something repetitive, right as they are about to fall asleep.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.