Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

why can't i remember my dreams?

- Wed, 04 Mar 2020 10:20:47 EST +GsimeEd No.46516
File: 1583335247457.png -(587638B / 573.87KB, 770x529) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. why can't i remember my dreams?
i'll often oversleep because i'm deep in a very bizarre, vivid dream that feels like another world/reality, but as soon as i break free and wake up i have zero recollection of it. zero images, sounds, scenarios.

maybe later on i'll suddenly remember a fragment of a conversation or event and have to ask myself 'was that in a dream?' but never a substantial recollection of the dream. it feels almost like the plane i visit in my dreams is so strange and incompatible with this reality that i can't even commit it to memory.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Wed, 04 Mar 2020 17:33:59 EST fZYOR9AB No.46517 Reply
>>46516
lay still, eyes shut, don't start thinking about anything, just hold the last lucid fragment and see if anything more comes up.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Wed, 04 Mar 2020 17:34:35 EST fZYOR9AB No.46518 Reply
>>46517
i mean upon waking up, don't even move a muscle.
>>
Martha Fanhall - Thu, 05 Mar 2020 22:55:30 EST Qu2Cg1WQ No.46520 Reply
>>46517
Seconding, as soon as you start moving abouts the dreams fall further down inside.
Once you've started to get hold of a dream thread though it's helpful to write it down, in a journal kept with pen right at the bed so you don't have to do more than half sit up to write, then as you put it onto the page it all tends to fall out as you write, not necessarily in order. Just a few words, not even full sentences, can start the ravine of all of it.
>>
Ian Bonningwill - Fri, 06 Mar 2020 05:04:13 EST fZYOR9AB No.46521 Reply
>>46520
this, but first gather everything you can while still still.
>>
Fanny Chottingdotch - Sat, 07 Mar 2020 08:21:14 EST Qu2Cg1WQ No.46522 Reply
>>46521
If you can handle it, sure.
If I stay for more than just enough to catch some ends to pull I just fade back into dreamland. Beds are too damn comfy and I can resleep like 3 times even though I awoke without any alarm or such.
>>
Albert Hocklefoot - Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:36:05 EST fZYOR9AB No.46525 Reply
>>46522
but what you gathered in that intermediary state is going to be easier to remember when you ultimately wake up.
>>
Fucking Tootridge - Sun, 15 Mar 2020 23:38:00 EST 5+za0Ar+ No.46529 Reply
>>46516
do you smoke pot?

i usually don't remember dreams if i smoke a few hours prior to bedtime
>>
Martha Domblestet - Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:08:42 EST JlI2xY8Z No.46535 Reply
>>46516

>the plane i visit in my dreams is so strange and incompatible with this reality that i can't even commit it to memory.

That can definitely seem to be the case. The "rules" or scripts that our dreams seem to go by, whether the script is well-rehearsed as in recurring dreams or if they are specific to one dream, fade easily when we wake up.

When these "rules" or scripts fade upon waking, the very context and meaning that connected all of the images and conversations is lost. Often, one can remember images or bits of conversation that no longer "fit" anywhere in the dream, chronologically or even logically. Our brains mostly filter out such things as white-noise, nonsense - it could not be connected to anything except for a fleeting shadow of unconscious conception.

With little-to-no associations made in the conscious mind, it stands to reason that your conscious mind mostly piles the information from your dreams into an ever-changing, finite heap. Only by consciously making the connection between our dreams and waking life can we hope to attach those strings of information from our dreams into something resembling a memory of an actual past event.

The above is more-or-less the goal of keeping a dream journal. When you remember those fleeting bits of a dream, record it in your journal with excruciating detail. Make the most sense out of it as possible and then read your entry over, again. Only by doing such things while awake will our nightly unconscious and subconscious streams connect to our waking actions of physically recording dream information (as chronologically and logically as possible, without forcing anything to fit).

It is through that connection that dreams leave a residue on our consciousness, which through practice (making more and more brain connections) can eventually leave our waking minds flooded seemingly with memories of events which took place in the space between a prolonged blink of the eye.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.