|>> || 1428457310766.png -(1505520B / 1.44MB, 1280x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. >>13808 |
1) All of of my life i've been an avid outdoors entusiast and survivalist, but the older I grew and the more I learned about history, war, technology and geopolitics, the more those skills began to feel imperative. I was without means to "prep," as such until about 2005.
2) Combination of changing climates and scarcity of the fossil-fuels whose burning accelerates them. Nuclear Winter as a result of escalating aggression russia the usa, n korea and china. A super-virus is innevitable but is on no certain time-frame, though the anti-vaccination echo chambers are certainly not helping prevent it.
3) Training in local fire-building, geography/flora/fauna, pioneering, hiking, cartography, orienteering, medicine, climbing, rifles, shotguns, handguns, bows, sailing, rowing, canoeing, s.c.u.b.a., MMA, languages seealso, bug-out bag >>13685 plus a tough vehicle, a very fast vehicle and concussive body armor
4) Under $500 worth of gear, unless you count vehicles or like park fees for hiking and stuff
5) 10 years ago nearly everyone I ever met would scoff at the concepts covered in your OP, now people seem to be vastly more hep to existing conditions which justify preparations. Still, i've only even met a few people who do more than acknowledge that they should "stock water or something." In fact the few who are quite prepared, really need to be any way, as they live in a part of the country where no one else lives, there are no power lines, no gas or water mains.
6) I don't believe anything. The answer to how soon it could start is oh hey, >>13811 already inb4'd me! i like this guy. I guess this is an opinion question, but I don't have much of an answer. I'm more concerned with where I live collapsing in on itsself, and that could go down whenever. Worldwide.. seems like we've been in ww3 for years now. About to update myself on some of the more recent russian stuff here in a minute.
7) Yes. Always. It doesn't make unable to function, but it's apparent, if only subtly, in everything I do.
8) Nah, not since '01.
9) Survival first, then tribalism, then restoration of knowledge and tech and destruction of theism. I'd like to mind my business, but let's not be naive. People are terrible, desperate people are dangerous and there is no good or bad. I'd hate to see the world progress to or past feudalism unless theism was eradicated. I'm not rebuilding a world with that shit in it if i can help it.
10) I'm prepared to raid what I need for a long time and gtfo out of dodge when i need to. I'm above the outskirts of two cities out of their way and close to water.