Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Perimeter alarms.

- Wed, 08 May 2013 23:40:05 EST YBZp+2qO No.11232
File: 1368070805349.jpg -(7188B / 7.02KB, 259x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Perimeter alarms.
Saw this on a Facebook group I'm in. Been wondering more about different alarms that can get ghetto rigged. Anyone have any thoughts on homemade alarms, possibly silent?
http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/glowstick-perimeter-alarm/#.UYqthFfm9A4
>>
Nigger Biblingnuck - Thu, 09 May 2013 07:52:56 EST 2OSBAayq No.11234 Reply
1368100376672.gif -(430997B / 420.90KB, 718x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>11232 on a side note,
you can make a shot gun booby trap that works on similar principals. you need to make a tube for the gasses to expand or else you wont have any power at all pic related. i figure even if you just wrap it with enough duct tape youll be able to get it to do what yo uwant but a 3 inch tube would probably be better

making a rattle can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_xNnX4XpjVQ#!
>>
Matilda Donnercheck - Wed, 15 May 2013 02:18:12 EST /0ufQwiB No.11259 Reply
>>11232
A glowstick isn't much of a warning, I'd prefer a flare or railway detonator, something that'd wake me the fuck up and make a prowler shit their pants.
>>
Archie Sanderwater - Thu, 16 May 2013 09:47:25 EST pDGsmJVJ No.11261 Reply
>>11259
Agreed, the kind of trap in OPs post would be better suited for a road flare. Anyone attempted this?
>>
Ian Wecklebanks - Wed, 22 May 2013 00:12:13 EST ZXNRgQos No.11275 Reply
>>11261

The glow stick would be a good early warning system while people are on watch, maybe about 20 yards away. A area lights up whoever is awake on watch would be alerted.

It wont do much if youre alone or sleeping, you need like an air horn.
>>
Jack Mommerwog - Wed, 22 May 2013 10:50:38 EST ygrCiV0J No.11277 Reply
>>11275
or replace it with a blank shot gun shell, or a real one if you wanna be leathal, niggas should be creepin
>>
Nicholas Buppershaw - Wed, 22 May 2013 23:56:50 EST ZXNRgQos No.11282 Reply
>>11277

Its a tricky situation. You either have something so loud everyone hears it, or something that only you and you party notices.

Zombie/Raider wise, any loud noise will probably alert anything within a mile. Which you don't want to do. Maybe make some snares around the area. Not only do you get them tied up but you can have it so some cans jiggle when he pulls to free himself, its not super loud but enough that being 20yards out you'd hear it.
>>
Montgomery Scott - Thu, 23 May 2013 19:12:56 EST sidEDBSl No.11284 Reply
>>11282
In the movie red dawn Patrick Swayze says only to shoot once when their party is hunting, if you shoot more than once someone can find the direction the shot came from. Any merit?
>>
Frederick Pandlestock - Thu, 23 May 2013 23:26:07 EST TMSvzyOc No.11286 Reply
>>11284
It's like using sonar. Every shot is another chance to locate.
>>
Edwin Drebberwater - Fri, 24 May 2013 16:23:22 EST ZXNRgQos No.11287 Reply
>>11284

Yeah, in an open area the shot will echo, but if you don't kill him in that fist hit, he will sure as hell scream. You also have to take in effect who he is with. IF you hit one and the other starts shooting off, or runs away.

Maybe a can full of marbles would work that seems like it would be loud enough to wake you. Maybe if the trip wire has them set to drop from trees. That alone would scare anyone to move back thinking something is going to drop on them.
>>
Lydia Murdhood - Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:40:07 EST YPYMZFfy No.12830 Reply
Rig some stakes round the perimeter. Wind tripwire through and place bells on the ends near your house so only you hear them. You could rig certain bells up to certain sections of the perimeter for locating.
>>
Rancher R. Rancher - Mon, 17 Mar 2014 03:56:51 EST r01VugDQ No.12832 Reply
1395043011110.jpg -(15164B / 14.81KB, 343x228) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Spy Gear. Problem Solved.
>>
George Haggleshaw - Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:54:35 EST os0Cf5Ko No.12846 Reply
1395273275485.jpg -(42465B / 41.47KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I have seen small motion detectors selling in packs of 4 or 5 for very little money
Would probably not be hard to replace the speaker with a 433mhz transmitter

And then you got yourself a wireless motion detecting alarm for less then 5$
(You need a com radio to hear it of course)
>>
Augustus Pangerworth - Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:34:23 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12849 Reply
Get a fucking dog.
>>
Cedric Fanwell - Fri, 21 Mar 2014 06:35:48 EST 7DlAAO+3 No.12852 Reply
Why don't you just get good doors utilizing octolocks (The rounds ones) and bars on the bulletproof windows. This way you wouldn't need to know if there's anyone trying to break in because it's not going to happen unless they start blowing your house/bunker up. At which point you were fucked either way unless you're willing to personally defend your property.
>>
Charles Funningwater - Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:38:33 EST 4LbxpGQ5 No.12855 Reply
>>12852
because sometimes flight is better then fight in terms of response.
>>
Jack Blummerridge - Fri, 21 Mar 2014 23:33:54 EST PEZyd0pP No.12856 Reply
>>12849
THis.

Or, if you really want something electronic, silent and less reliable, you could buy an arduino/Rpi and a bunch of wire. Experiment with different trip mechanisms. Have wire leading your arduino, where an LED array can indicate which alarm was tripped.
>>
Albert Turveywater - Wed, 26 Mar 2014 02:02:57 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12873 Reply
>>12852

I don't get superbunker types. They always have a glaring weakness in their need for fresh air which can have the simplest poison gas pumped in and suddenly your super safe bunker is a gas tank.

I mean unless you have this elaborate pumping system but the vents for that will be found unless it's compressed air replacing the poisoned filtered stuff and it will run out eventually.

I hate bunkers due to how vulnerable they are to basic siege tactics.
>>
Phineas Dreblingsock - Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:09:41 EST 7DlAAO+3 No.12880 Reply
>>12873
And that would achieve exactly what for you?, On the outside, Of a locked bunker, Which is now empty, No keys, No codes, No-way in.
>>
Angus Fupperhood - Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:12:13 EST h/CC1M1j No.12882 Reply
>>12873
That's why the most important part of bunker construction is hiding your air in take/out take

Use a dead tree or big pile of rocks
>>
Barnaby Sirryfield - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:48:54 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12883 Reply
>>12880

Are you kidding me? I can take the time to crack it open once its insides no longer might come outside to kill me. Before I do anything trying to open it is like opening Pandora's box. After, it's just opening a really difficult to open box potentially filled with treasure and supplies.

>>12882

Infrared vision can spot a hidden air intake if you don't do it well enough. A mysteriously warm tree is going to be obvious.
>>
Betsy Trotspear - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:27:37 EST 2YIQD5dq No.12885 Reply
>>12883
walking around the woods with inferred on is a fast way to run through batts.
>>
Barnaby Sirryfield - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:02:55 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12886 Reply
>>12885

Do you even solar charger? It can be something you take your time with, as you're trying to outlast the bunker people anyway. You just position a sniper somewhere secluded guarding the bunker entrance (or two, three etc depending on the amount of entrances the bunker has) so the people don't come out once someone does and gets shot, they can't see whose shooting but they can't risk looking but think okay maybe they'll go away after some time so we can just hang out. But no, We're looking for air vents.

Again this is why I hate bunkers. The best defense is always a good offense. Having a bunker as a temporary base is one thing but I am not into the whole hoarder thing. Base of operations should be mobile or temporary.
>>
Caroline Mucklesotch - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:16:58 EST DiNNTQ0F No.12887 Reply
>>12886
Well the first mistake you did is assume that you know about your enemies plans and set up.
Have fun getting killed by the satellite spider hole sentry guards.
Have fun with the booby trapped air vents.
Oh, and the decoy ones too.

Cause my real one is ground mass cooled, not unlike a root celler.
I really don't think you understand proper bunker construction.

Yeah, things are really easy and simple when you dumb them down to the negative tenth degree...

Keep on straw manning, I'm sure you are just as good as you say you are and you are completely justified in underestimating everyone else.
Good job, keep it up.

Just will make the poor people defending their bunker have an easier time eliminating the threat of a piece of shit attacking their hidey-hole.

Poison gas attack?
Are you fucking kidding me?
Do you think this is some video game? Even if you are making a simple chlorine gas, that is a FUCK LOAD of wasted supplies just for a bunker that you don't know whats inside.

"Oh yeah you know, ill just take this bunker ain't no thing"
Stick to your action movies. The only thing that destroys a near perfect bunker is the people inside or a SCUD missile.

I guess now you're gonna say you got a JDAM.
>>
Barnaby Sirryfield - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:43:58 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12888 Reply
>>12887

Man you're so delusional. It doesn't waste tons of supplies to make a gas grenade. Plus I don't even need to use gas, just set everything around the vent on fire and suddenly you have smoke being funneled into your bunker instead of air.

>Well the first mistake you did is assume that you know about your enemies plans and set up.

I didn't assume I knew anything about their plans or setup. Just that if it's a sealed bunker it's gotta have at least one entrance/exit and probably an air vent or two somewhere and yeah, probably plenty of booby traps.

>Have fun getting killed by the satellite spider hole sentry guards.

lol you mean other potential entry points into the bunker? If I come across a bunker I'm going to watch it from far away, scan the area with an IR spotter and map the thing out. Then I'm going to set the forest on fire. When everything's burned down you've either evacuated or you're still in there but now everything's obvious.

>Have fun with the booby trapped air vents.

Dude I'm locating them with IR vision not by rummaging around in the leaves with my flesh puppet hands. If I see one I'm just going to assume there's some kind of trickery surrounding it and start burning stuff.

>I don't doubt they'll be booby trapped,
>Oh, and the decoy ones too.

Why would I even notice decoy vents? The real ones will be working and emitting a heat signature.

>Cause my real one is ground mass cooled, not unlike a root celler.
>I really don't think you understand proper bunker construction.

Carbon dioxide from breathing emits a heat signature and you need fresh air in a bunker. And I doubt you won't be running machinery with some sort of emissions.

>Yeah, things are really easy and simple when you dumb them down to the negative tenth degree...

You sound mad.

>Keep on straw manning, I'm sure you are just as good as you say you are and you are completely justified in underestimating everyone else.
Good job, keep it up.

Really mad.

>Just will make the poor people defending their bunker have an easier time eliminating the threat of a piece of shit attacking their hidey-hole.

Butthurt even. Did my casual talk of touching your hiney-hole upset you?

>Poison gas attack?

Yes.

>Are you fucking kidding me?

No.

>Do you think this is some video game? Even if you are making a simple chlorine gas, that is a FUCK LOAD of wasted supplies just for a bunker that you don't know whats inside.

Dude smoke from burnt debris pumped into an enclosed space is toxic. Making poisonous gas is as easy and as resource consuming as making a fart.

>"Oh yeah you know, ill just take this bunker ain't no thing"

It's not that difficult.

>Stick to your action movies. The only thing that destroys a near perfect bunker is the people inside or a SCUD missile.

lol this is the kind of uncreative linear thinking that separates the dead from the survivors. This wouldn't be some RTS videogame where certain constructs have specific weaknesses and strengths.

>I guess now you're gonna say you got a JDAM.

Nope and I don't need a fancy bunker busting missile, that will destroy the hordes of food and ammo inside. What a waste.
>>
Wesley Crengerfuck - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 18:04:36 EST 92DDYKPE No.12889 Reply
The best perimeter alarms are piles of dogshit. From like a really big dog with a healthy diet of steamed plain white rice and dry food.
>>
Eugene Pangerwill - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 20:45:12 EST U67gxyQV No.12890 Reply
Uses fire on a structure designed to with stand fire.
Doesn't understand basic bunker construction and how satelite bunkers work. They are not connected to the bunker dipshit.

You seem to be idealizing these bunkers into easily destroyed buildings instead of actaully trying to get inside the head of a bunker builder.

As I said, keep it up. I'm sure it will work out well for you. You and your non existent IR cameras.

You have confirmed my accusations.
>>
William Nisslework - Sat, 29 Mar 2014 21:57:04 EST NwDcBVP/ No.12892 Reply
>>12890

The fire isn't to destroy the bunker it's to destroy the surrounding natural cover so everything is really easy to see.

I'm not trolling you're just mad I am upsetting your bunker fantasies and it's hilarious.
>>
Charles Posslenadge - Sun, 30 Mar 2014 05:09:10 EST 2YIQD5dq No.12894 Reply
>>12892
youre entire scenario requires you to know where the bunker is and have a large group of people to siege it.

good luck convincing a bunch of people to wander around the woods looking for a camoflagued entrance. most people place these things in rather isolated areas so you'd need to bring in supplie trains to supply your people as you hunt for the bunker and destroying all the natural supplies to attempt to get in is counter intuitive the entrances are usually hidden and if you've ever played hide and seek in the woods a little camo goes a long way.

and its not like people who make these things arent prepping for nukes that release poison gasses and such so theyed have filters to remove things like smoke.

better off just raiding something not ment to stand up to a raid.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.