Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Are you in the red zone? Ignore Report Reply
Samuel Panderham - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 02:15:23 EST ID:RBNbFF2n No.12088
File: 1383549323083.gif -(97561B / 95.27KB, 608x346) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 97561
There is a population of 10 million in LA County. In a space of 4,083 square miles (10,570 km2).

Its probably closer to 15 million I don't know when the census was taken or how many people are there illegally the point is its super dense population in some areas. New York/New Jersey is even worse in that regard.

The red zones on this map will be the most dangerous places to survive. There will be looting and maybe even widescale violence, so we know these are the places that will be the most dangerous.

Do you live in a red zone? What would be your plan? Hold your ground in the red zone and try to somehow sustain yourself in one those areas? Bug out to a more sparsely populated area?

If you don't live in a red zone how would you react to refugees? I live in a red zone, but I have family in very rural areas so I would be welcomed. If you don't know anyone in those areas what's your plan for bugging out?
>>
Samuel Panderham - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 02:26:27 EST ID:RBNbFF2n No.12089 Ignore Report Reply
1383549987083.jpg -(248632B / 242.80KB, 643x643) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
For my Eurobros.
>>
Samuel Panderham - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 02:27:28 EST ID:RBNbFF2n No.12090 Ignore Report Reply
1383550048083.jpg -(135203B / 132.03KB, 1024x791) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I couldn't find one I liked for Canada that was any more recent than 2001.
>>
Hamilton Suffingstone - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 08:01:37 EST ID:1Q4+Udxq No.12091 Ignore Report Reply
>The red zones on this map will be the most dangerous places to survive.

How do you know that?
>>
Eugene Finkinsat - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:54:37 EST ID:LM+gPmK6 No.12092 Ignore Report Reply
>>12091
highest population zones will be the fastest area to spread diseas and are most likely for demoralizing attacks. depending on what kind of EOTWAWKI situation we go into higher population areas will defenitally be more dangerous. also lack of wildlife and suitable far m land will be an issue.

im from nw new york, im going to cananada land first, or south trhough pa or ohio depending on the gear i have. its cold as shit up here.
>>
Shit Drabblesog - Mon, 04 Nov 2013 21:21:39 EST ID:WTs4zoNy No.12094 Ignore Report Reply
i wish i knew bro. all my family i know lives in a red zone too. i know we have some family in texas but thats a ways away for if a disaster struck. la county is gonna be a fucking mess if something happened, God forbid.

and its not like i can up and leave. my whole family is here and my girlfriend. and where would we go. shit sucks.
>>
Edward Clankinforth - Tue, 05 Nov 2013 22:36:49 EST ID:g1/5e26L No.12097 Ignore Report Reply
CANNIBALISM IS FUN
>>
Nell Cloddlefuck - Thu, 07 Nov 2013 03:46:33 EST ID:kGoCHGW+ No.12101 Ignore Report Reply
Being in Florida, I would go into a swamp and hide out for a while, and eventually head North to a place that was cold as all fuck year round so the zombies would freeze. These aren't the fucking Venber we're talking about
>>
Betsy Saggleforth - Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:55:35 EST ID:DiNNTQ0F No.12102 Ignore Report Reply
>>12101
Lol Zombies.
My plan is too hold out in plain sight in my house/ garage attic/location depends on the situation until a majority die or move on.

I will also get first pick at the police station because it is down my street. And I'm banking on people will be so focused on the police station they over look my house (still like a 100 yards away from the station.)

There is also a few mansion near the police station that I'm sure people will love to ransack. My more modest Cape Cod will hopefully be overlooked.

I live about 20 minutes from a major eastern city (not new york thank fuck), but the mountains are only an hour/hour and half away. Accessible by canoe as well as highway.
>>
Archie Shakewater - Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:11:48 EST ID:nH0TM7dt No.12115 Ignore Report Reply
I live on the outskirts of Helsinki. Still pretty densely populated.
I guess my plan is to head north and find an unoccupied cabin. If possible I'll drive up using small roads. Otherwise I'll just walk.
I have enough canned food and bottled water for 1-2 weeks.
Pretty sure I won't survive more than a few days though.
>>
Fucking Dendersark - Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:24:11 EST ID:nikpMKef No.12116 Ignore Report Reply
>>12115
Lol got a better chance than us Amerifags on te east coast. Lots of people. Lots of guns. No education. Dumb jolly african-americans everywhere! Ehhhhhh god!
>>
Cedric Gebblelire - Mon, 11 Nov 2013 05:38:45 EST ID:wod7kyOH No.12119 Ignore Report Reply
I live in the San Francisco bay, Oakland to be exact. First sign of anything I'd bug out to the hills, there's redwoods up there. rabbit, deer, other wild life. I could hide out with my partner. And it never gets too cold up here, at least not cold enough for me to not be able to survive outdoors for a while until I can flee to somewhere else.
>>
Sidney Gavingridge - Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:37:56 EST ID:nH0TM7dt No.12121 Ignore Report Reply
>>12116
I feel for you. I've seen footage of how people over there act when even minor shit hits the fan.
>>
Nathaniel Dartspear - Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:07:40 EST ID:iF5Hcal0 No.12122 Ignore Report Reply
That map is pretty bunk. I live in MA, and my nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away. There are places around here like Bristol County where 50% of it is forest and 50% is farmland.
>>
Cedric Blozzlefitch - Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:58:06 EST ID:nH0TM7dt No.12123 Ignore Report Reply
>>12122
That map just shows the population density per county. You can still have a lot of farmland and forest if your population is concentrated in a small urban area.
>>
Eugene Fengerwell - Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:21:27 EST ID:SopWNJK4 No.12124 Ignore Report Reply
>>12119
Don't let the climate fool you. You could still easily get hypothermia in that region. You would be surprised how many people have ha a similar thought train and because of that, did not bring the proper thermoregulatory equipment. Only needs to be like 50 to start hypothermia.

Couple that with te fact that you probably shouldn't have fires because of the situation, and you have a recipe for disaster. Please don't underestimate the relentlessness of Mother Nature. Being atleast three extra large emergency blankets and brush up on your wild crafting.
>>
Simon Fanford - Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:12:49 EST ID:RBNbFF2n No.12128 Ignore Report Reply
>>12122
Well I thought it was a good way to show how concentrated the population is in different parts this country which is why I mention the population density of cities like LA the map is just an easy tool I dug up off google images to demonstrate which areas of the US have the highest concentrations of people. There's nothing "bunk" about the map its very simply showing population density per county its not like the map is lying to you. Also just because you live in a rural area doesn't mean there's not a huge concentration of people just several miles away from you there's a lot of places like that especially in the northeastern US. MA is a small area to fit that many people in anyways.

If you want something more detailed you'd have to research the area you live in because you can't get that kind of detail from a map like this. Kinda like when I show a map of the highways in the US its not going to have your neighborhood streets on it.The thread is more about finding out people's bug out plans and what kind of area they're dealing with. If you're in MA or anywhere in the northeast you're going to have a hard time doesn't matter where you live.

Not every rural area is viable and not every "red zone" has the same dangers every single region is different. The area I'd bug out too is in the red zone on that map too. The plan for me would be to make it to an area where its mostly dirt roads and I'll be able to put 30-100 miles of forest between me and the nearest dirt road if I need to, there's plenty of hunting opportunities hogs are everywhere, and there's a lot of water sources. With the population as big as it is I'm thinking I'll still end up seeing a lot of people out there at least compared to the zero people you'd see right now.

This of course depends entirely on the type of scenario but since this is post-apocalyptic you just have to assume the worst. You're dealing with 300 million people across the country and a huge number of them are concentrated in small areas even if that place is rural where you live there's most likely a populated area close to you. What's the biggest city near you? How close is it? These are things you have to worry about and in the US almost everyone has big cities near them just by virtue of living in Massachusetts you have cities close enough the entire state is only like 100 miles across. The map is a good way to alert people to how concentrated the population really is in their area. Canada can certainly expect refugees passing through and you can too if you're in a rural area of MA.

If you're living near a major highway expect visitors. Even if you're 30 miles out. You'd most likely want to be far away from any major roads. You can live in a rural area and still be shit out of luck depending where you are and what kind of resources you have. If something happened where the cities became unlivable for most people they're not just going to stay where shit is going bad they'll get out of there. Also the northeast is a much harsher region in general the weather is harsher and its just overall much harder to survive especially when people are softies who have never grown their own food, raised animals, hunted, or done backbreaking manual labor. The environment in most areas of the US has been altered drastically by humans most places will have trouble finding water they can drink.

So my point is don't think you're out of danger just because you're in a rural area. Pretty much everyone in the US relies on stores, electricity, gasoline, and running water to get things done even people that live in rural areas have this stuff.

>>12091
Common sense? At least I thought that was common sense we're talking about areas where its nearly impossible to live a self sustainable life even if most of the population was wiped out. Maybe 10 million people concentrated in a small area where they need almost all their food and water imported will just be real calm about slowly dying but probably not. Most people live day by day they don't have any food or water saved up to last them through a tough time and in western society people will riot over a hockey/basketball game what do you think will happen when they're starving? They're going to find a way to feed their family even otherwise kind people will do whatever they can to keep their kids alive. Shit will go bad pretty fast in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

I'm optimistic I think that people would come through the bad shit and form communities so it won't just be mad max everywhere but it would be bad at first. Even if there isn't widespread violence people will suffer immensely if you just take away the stores and force people to make it on their own without running water, electricity, and gas. All of this would still be possible to have but it will no longer be a given like it is right now it will be a luxury. A whole lot of people will die and the ones who don't will be desperate.

I think the best places to look if you want to predict what will happen in an apocalyptic scenario is history books.

If they make it to rural areas where they can hunt or fish most people have no idea where to start. Even a lot of hunters might have a rough time so many sit in tree stands with corn feeders nowadays. I wonder how much of the population is out of shape and would be wore out after a 5-10 mile walk? If you're in bad shape expect to have a tough time even if you know how to shoot. Its going to be a lot harder on you getting into shape when you've got no food or water.

That is even assuming there will be anyone left alive in the cities to starve I might be too dead to make it to anywhere.
>>
Faggy Savingham - Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:52:45 EST ID:XZLRMMv3 No.12142 Ignore Report Reply
1384408365532.jpg -(80151B / 78.27KB, 460x291) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
LoL I live in the "red zone" but I live in one of the ghettoist shittiest cities in America (St. Louis, MO) and I literally live in the city limits where there are whole blocks of Houses already burnt to the ground. No one is gonna be looting in my ghetto ass neighborhood, all these fucks will be headed to St. Louis county to fuck with all the rich folk out that way. Hell if it wasn't for the internet and cable a damn apocalypse could hit and I doubt many here would even notice a change.

PIC related. Alot of this shithole has been turned into a damn farm already. Also funny story http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2013/09/25/vacant-st--louis-land-farmed-and-not-everyone-is-happy.html
>>
Hedda Chublingridge - Sun, 17 Nov 2013 06:14:21 EST ID:TenZ/ygz No.12167 Ignore Report Reply
1384686861477.jpg -(95645B / 93.40KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't live in a red zone.

I live in Canada, in the BC interior, my SHTF plan is to get my camping gear and walk north until I find a nice quiet place I like. If I started to encounter a lot of refugees, I would just go further north.

I am a very competent outdoorsman and I know for a fact I can Tom Brown it out there as long as I want, and that I would enjoy doing so. The only thing I would worry about is getting a girl with a copper IUD to come with me and finding some good dogs to take.
>>
George Mabblebut - Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:53:10 EST ID:ClduxEED No.12261 Ignore Report Reply
1385344390031.gif -(1278960B / 1.22MB, 477x252) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Dude, fuck the East Coast
>>
Nathaniel Homblehit - Sat, 30 Nov 2013 04:35:38 EST ID:n6bsDLx1 No.12298 Ignore Report Reply
1385804138655.png -(150073B / 146.56KB, 800x497) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
FEMA-estimated primary counterforce targets for Soviet ICBMs. The resulting fall-out is indicated with the darkest considered as "lethal" to relatively fall-out free yellow zones.
>>
Cyril Billingbury - Tue, 03 Dec 2013 03:08:44 EST ID:MrDUCEOQ No.12312 Ignore Report Reply
I live in Glendale, AZ, so hopefully i'll be fine, seeing as how that seems to be a reasonably moderate zone. I'd just try to survive within my own area for awhile, before finally setting out on an adventure, just keeping in mind that it will take months for things to settle down. Looting houses and what not, hopefully ones that I choose will be empty, because I really don't feel like hurting people to sustain my life. But I think it really depends on how desperate I am to survive.
>>
Sidney Dudgewill - Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:42:15 EST ID:z8waTRto No.12322 Ignore Report Reply
>>12298
They'd never strike where the least amount of people are. They'd go for major population centers, which are luckily on the coasts.
>>
Sidney Dudgewill - Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:45:38 EST ID:z8waTRto No.12323 Ignore Report Reply
>>12322
As for my plans, I live in eastern PA, so I'd be fucked if I stay. I'll ride it out at my grandfather's in the woods until it settles down a bit, then I'll make my way east until I'm either in the center north of america or the forests of the northwest, it all depends how it plays out.
>>
Shit Mibblestone - Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:39:16 EST ID:C34hkMad No.12324 Ignore Report Reply
>>12298
really surprised they wouldnt aim at the geneva power plant on lake ontario, would cause hell to the largest supply of fresh water in the world.
>>
Esther Hindlespear - Fri, 06 Dec 2013 06:00:17 EST ID:TenZ/ygz No.12325 Ignore Report Reply
>>12324

Most of the old declassified war game reports from the 80s involve geosynchronous satelites with EMP nukes. What the movie goldeneye was based on, except they don't work like that, they just blow up in space and fry all the electronics underneath them. They would probably hit it with one of those and save an ICBM for a military installation or large city.
>>
Albert Gusslebanks - Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:24:00 EST ID:eiDXCMzy No.12326 Ignore Report Reply
I'm in one of the worst possible places. Directly between Baltimore and DC. If there is a disaster or worse, a nuclear strike, I will likely fry. Still, my plan is to leave immediately and head for the Appalachians. I've hiked the trail for weeks at a time before, so I think I'm as prepared as I likely ever will be
>>
Shit Mibblestone - Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:32:45 EST ID:C34hkMad No.12327 Ignore Report Reply
>>12325i forgot to mention its a nuclear power plant. and its actually called ginneanot geneva, idk why i said that.
Rochester is i think the the third largest city in NYS so its not like we are terribly small. i was just thinking that hitting a power station that would poison a great lake when compromised and in turn do harm to the power grid would be at least mid level hit target.
>>
David Bunderpick - Sat, 07 Dec 2013 02:12:59 EST ID:TenZ/ygz No.12328 Ignore Report Reply
>>12327

Then the EMP would shut off the cooling pools and the ensuing radiological fire would poison everyone there with cesium.
>>
David Bunderpick - Sat, 07 Dec 2013 02:17:01 EST ID:TenZ/ygz No.12329 Ignore Report Reply
1386400621083.jpg -(44366B / 43.33KB, 1600x917) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12328

Nuclear power has got to be one of the fucking dumbest things we ever let rich cunts do for money...

The cooling pools are currently bad enough that if even one major facility failed on the west coast, the radiation would force us to abandon all of them eventually, like a slow motion chain reaction.
>>
Martin Drumblewet - Sat, 07 Dec 2013 06:46:59 EST ID:1eD0y9sl No.12330 Ignore Report Reply
>>12329
nuclear is a problem if shit goes wrong, things like building damns destroy entire ecosystems regardless. each form of energy has draw backs.
>>
Lydia Grandforth - Sun, 08 Dec 2013 02:58:41 EST ID:TenZ/ygz No.12332 Ignore Report Reply
1386489521131.jpg -(64980B / 63.46KB, 500x309) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12330

Dams don't cause entire hemispheres of the fucking planet to become uninhabitable for over a century.
>>
Shitting Depperdale - Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:44:47 EST ID:kGoCHGW+ No.12418 Ignore Report Reply
>>12332
A century my ass, Chernobyl is inhabitable right now.
>>
Sidney Tillingway - Wed, 25 Dec 2013 06:57:49 EST ID:w2TsNjck No.12426 Ignore Report Reply
>>12418
Only if you embrace cancer and radiation poisoning as a lifestyle.
>>
Ebenezer Bripperhood - Sat, 28 Dec 2013 11:25:20 EST ID:RRY4xU8E No.12440 Ignore Report Reply
I never got how the Soviets could attack America anyway, wouldn't that just piss off the Canadians with all the fallout, and they would attack as well.
And for nuclear power, that's the only thing holding the world together right now. Unbelievably unsafe, everything is surely going to crumble away, and I hope you got your fair share of Nuclear produced Chinese presents this year for Christmas!
>>
Charlotte Poblinglit - Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:37:07 EST ID:BxWLr6i/ No.12441 Ignore Report Reply
>>12440
if the Russians attacked America, it wouldn't just be the Canadians joining the fight. The Mexicans, the Brits, the French, the Germans, the rest of western Europe (minus those coward Swiss), and all of nothern Europewould join in too. Not to mention all the regional conflicts (like Saudi Arabia vs Iran, Iran vs Israel, Israel vs Pakistan, and Pakistan vs India). The reason the Russians wont ever attack the US is because it would mean the next world war.
>>
Simon Sebbleman - Sat, 28 Dec 2013 23:14:08 EST ID:RRY4xU8E No.12443 Ignore Report Reply
1388290448272.jpg -(307063B / 299.87KB, 1280x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12441 you know that's an interesting idea, how powers of the world balance themselves around idea of an end of world scenario. Probably why Russia and America have cast a shadow between themselves. They have no one above there stations to meditate the differences to all become a single entity mind, that we all so need to survive the next 2-3 billion years here on Earth. STUPID FUCKERS.
>>
Hannah Sanderledge - Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:33:02 EST ID:3vfRWg9M No.12537 Ignore Report Reply
>>12443
>we all so need to survive the next 2-3 billion years here on Earth
kek

I give the human population at MOST, even impossibly, but I'll give it nonetheless, half a million years. No way we'll stay that long though. I'd say that some 50,000 years in the future and we'd be out of this shithole forever.
>>
Phineas Nubberhodge - Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:26:40 EST ID:BxWLr6i/ No.12618 Ignore Report Reply
>>12537
If we don't leave Earth in the next 1000 years we wont ever leave. But for fun, let's take a look at what we can expect in the next 500,000 years: major comet/asteroid strike, Yellowstone supervolcano, ice age, mass extinction, increased solar radiation, resource depletion, and of course pestilence and disease. They all point to the inescapable conclusion that to remain on Earth is to accept that human civilization will fall, and the remnants of humanity will speciate or go extinct.
>>
Betsy Snodworth - Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:17:59 EST ID:V5zr4EVY No.12670 Ignore Report Reply
1391721479015.jpg -(1337739B / 1.28MB, 1642x1264) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12088

hey fuck boy the entire map is some shade of red
>>
Faggy Grandham - Sat, 08 Feb 2014 05:00:01 EST ID:RRY4xU8E No.12677 Ignore Report Reply
1391853601596.jpg -(1042841B / 1018.40KB, 2505x1675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12618 I think it will take far longer than 1000 years to understand space travel. Those Alien space crafts in the sky that change time sync over gravity for space travel, they could take 100,000 years of industry resources to understand. In the mean time we should all connect together, gain smaller populations, barricade everyone in small defined cities around the globe that are quake proof, all with underground bunkers and wait this one until technology catches up. That's what an intelligent species would more than likely decide.
>>
Esther Hazzlechine - Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:55:46 EST ID:lIKHqFAR No.12689 Ignore Report Reply
>You're dealing with 300 million people across the country
lel, try germany on for size. its 80 mio people on 1/70 of the area
could have 1 sqmi all to myself, better be suitable farmland
>>
Simon Greenfoot - Tue, 11 Feb 2014 05:51:12 EST ID:RRY4xU8E No.12690 Ignore Report Reply
1392115872618.gif -(1918604B / 1.83MB, 200x120) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I propose that man is in its height of sexual propagation to provide a viable source for its survival. That's right, when there's a major earth catastrophe or ice age we will have an ample supply of meat sticks to cannibalize our way through. This is how nature quantifies its animals, and why we need to take control of our own heads and supersede ourselves in our environment.
>>
John Sucklelock - Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:42:12 EST ID:iMb2H6wf No.12704 Ignore Report Reply
>>12322
The targets in the midwest are missile silos, not just empty land.
>>
Cyril Blackdock - Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:03:36 EST ID:4n4uWCtA No.12707 Ignore Report Reply
>12088
>DO U LIVE IN THIS SCARY RED ZONE?? HOPE NOT
>post map where entire country is some shade of red
seems legit
>>
DMTriousJohnson !PaseA4f96Q - Sun, 02 Mar 2014 15:26:40 EST ID:Q9KGbylN No.12768 Ignore Report Reply
>>12088
light pink -to white, problem is living next -to a bad red zone, so -they would head my way eventually
>>
Esther Hoblingmare - Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:17:06 EST ID:LTIugvOm No.12769 Ignore Report Reply
>>12101
You could probably do well on the wild foods of Florida swampland. Check out Saw Palmetto.
>>
David Benderson - Wed, 05 Mar 2014 22:17:03 EST ID:+ydXecnh No.12776 Ignore Report Reply
>>12690
OF COURSE
>>
Hugh Summerwater - Mon, 26 May 2014 05:02:34 EST ID:0N10QB4o No.13084 Ignore Report Reply
I love right in the center of New Jersey with no bug out bag and a dul butterfly knife for protection .-.
>>
Charlotte Bizzlestock - Mon, 26 May 2014 16:19:29 EST ID:dUCyuL+5 No.13085 Ignore Report Reply
>>13084
I'm right there with you LOL

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.