Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Budget Bug Out Bag Ignore Report Reply
Faggy Doffinghall - Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:28:38 EST ID:v6IaxCPf No.12602
File: 1389760118670.jpg -(173407B / 169.34KB, 1600x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 173407
I challenge all of you to build completely useful, practical BOBs for less than $150, including the price of the bag itself. I had this idea to build bags for friends and give them out, and my price range will be roughly $150 per bag. I'm just curious what you guys would put in it.
>>
Oliver Sendlefidging - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 00:36:24 EST ID:95l3Ca/q No.12603 Ignore Report Reply
>>12602
I don't own any guns, but wouldn't that pistol and the ammo eat up a lot of that $150?
>>
Doris Blinkingold - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 03:08:05 EST ID:AqZfEERQ No.12605 Ignore Report Reply
>>12603
Seconded. Unless you got that Glock used from a friend, there is no way that it costs less than $150.
>>
Priscilla Benderville - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:00:43 EST ID:GwkMpHu+ No.12607 Ignore Report Reply
>>12605
Even then a used glock that is worth having is still 200 for a gun and mag alone. Let alone three full mags.

OP, perhaps include an inventory? That way we can see the cost and discuss the contents better as it is hard to tell from a picture.

Also, that that a fucking shiv under the glock?
Why the box cutter?
>>
Cornelius Doffingfock - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:45:38 EST ID:3lQDJLGY No.12608 Ignore Report Reply
prettty sure op just picked a random bug out bag from the web. im checking amazon for most of my prices btw.

op, id sugest

2x lighters (3 dollars), a mora knife .(under 15 shipped) likely the best knife you can get for the price.
1x metal canteen with a cup, (~12) can make a stew in the cup while you drink the purified water. more containers the better IMO
your preferred form of water purification (iodine works(12$), boiling works(free), life straw ($20), your choice) id save money and force em to boil.
1x pair of wool socks ~15 dollars
paracord, 100 foot roll is 7.50
space blanket ~2.50
fire steel/ferro rod. under 10 dollars
85$ so far
china sells ruck sacks for ~25 dollars. its your call on if you want to trust Chinese manufacturers.
a tarp and sleeping system and flash light are what are needed. now, what you choose to spend on these items determines quality. MSS sell for around 100 bucks but you can literally sleep in a puddle in side one. larger tarps weigh more but you can do different things with them. and sont even get me started on flashlights

for food, id just fill up nalgene bottles with dehydrated beans and rice/pasta. mres are kinda expensive. id also throw in a zip lock baggie with a bunch of single service spieces you can get from most fast food places. mres contain preservatives this will at least come close to what people are used to eating. obviously this list is incomplete as id also suggest a decently calibered weapon. /nra/ is currenty discussing the mossin naggant as a hunting rifle. the gun should sell for ~150.
>>
Lydia Biblingmare - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:17:30 EST ID:7Y2ZM7Iw No.12609 Ignore Report Reply
1389806250886.jpg -(75024B / 73.27KB, 300x1271) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12607
The shiv is a harpoon knife, can be easily made by hand like third image shows one crafted from an old spade drill bit.

Don't know about the bulky boxcutter since they make flat versions like pic related but razorblades are sharp as fuck and carrying a stack of blades could give you an edge for a very very long time.
>>
Lydia Biblingmare - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:37:35 EST ID:7Y2ZM7Iw No.12610 Ignore Report Reply
>>12607
Also, you reminded me that I still want one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb8Dn-OtpAI
>>
Shitting Dudgedale - Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:37:45 EST ID:v6IaxCPf No.12611 Ignore Report Reply
>>12608
This. I just grabbed one of the first Google Image results to use as the picture for my OP.
>>
Frederick Pitthall - Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:23:05 EST ID:zQZ8rdoN No.12612 Ignore Report Reply
1389885785959.jpg -(6325B / 6.18KB, 269x187) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12611
well i basically gave you a run down of what you should def have for 150, other things to consider are a multi tool that has both a file saw and awl. a sturdy knife that is full tang. personally id opt out of most things a first add kit has and keep a few white banandas and duct tape with you. if you cant fix it with a turniquet, a splint, or bandanasyou are probably going to die.the only item id add is a speed tourniquet, the kind you can do one handed so if you manage to slice your upper arm you can still operate one (pic related) other wise rope and a stick does the trick just fine.

if you can find a compas with a signaling mirror id get one of those, make sure it at least can set a bearing so you know which way you are traveling.
>>
Ernest Turveydale - Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:07:26 EST ID:7UKzYljI No.12808 Ignore Report Reply
core items;

• Alice rucksack, and external frame. Even unmodified, the alice backpack and external frame is a hardy, time-tested design that is perhaps the pinnacle of utilitarian hardiness.

• Mosin Nagant (price post last-gun price hike? unknown, but the mosin is probably still the cheapest gun out there) and 2 or 3 spam cans of 440 ammo (total of about 800 to 1300 rounds ?)

• a good knife or 2, and multitools. I would personally recommend a good kukri, but most any other good blade will do. If you have to, a thrift store set of kitchen knives is a good idea (minus the knife block ?)

• water filtration system. At the very least, you can get or make a drinking glasses worth of charcoal, put it in a clean single sock, stuff it in a small bottle with the bottom cut off, and then boil it in a pot from the thrift store.

• water containment. Anything made of higher quality plastics for slightly acidic drinks (citrus drink bottles, gatorade and other sports drink bottles, 2 liter soda bottles)

• food. Alot of things are available in the way of non-perishable food; peanut butter, spam, rice and beans, beef jerky, granola bars, ect ect. Also, iodized salt and sugar are a necessity in a mid-to-long-term survival situation. Kids vitamins are also a good idea as an accompaniment to meals.

• fire making. Lots and lots of lighters is an option, as well as a decent magnifying glass for solar fire making. For fire tinder, lumps of dry laundry dryer lint can be collected into a zip-loc bag.

• String and small rope. You can pick up 65 yard spools of hemp twine at most walmart places, but im inclined to say that you really can't go wrong with a decently large amounts of several diameters of string twine and small rope.
>>
Eugene Gecklepere - Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:30:26 EST ID:7UKzYljI No.12820 Ignore Report Reply
1394818226891.jpg -(37141B / 36.27KB, 640x509) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12808 < same poster.

to clarify some things which due to my weird mind, might be read incorrectly.

Water filtration system. At the very least, you can get or make a drinking glasses worth of charcoal, put it in a clean single sock, stuff it in a small bottle with the bottom cut off, and then boil the char-bottle-filtered water in a pot from the thrift store.

Alice rucksack, and external frame. Even unmodified, the alice backpack and external frame is a hardy, time-tested design that is perhaps the pinnacle of utilitarian hardiness. With the addition of zip-ties, you can attach MOLLE pouches to it, or other backpacks, purses, whatever, to add more carry-space.

An alternative to guns (in the event that one cannot be gotten), are bows and arrows, or for more compactness, slingshots converted to shoot arrows, with a bow whisker / whisper biscuit.
>>
Eugene Mingerneck - Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:23:54 EST ID:7DlAAO+3 No.12821 Ignore Report Reply
>>12820
Slingshots seem like a good alternative, But the elastic only lasts so long and getting fresh good condition elastic would grow tiresome pretty fast, Bike tires would work for a while, Even then there's no way it's strong enough to make a lethal slingshot even with the extending gun thing.

Same problem with bows, Except you can get a good stick to turn into stave in less than an hours searching the woods. Unlike vulcanized, thin and polish rubber.
>>
Reuben Punninghidge - Sun, 16 Mar 2014 01:14:59 EST ID:WsU/mRdA No.12824 Ignore Report Reply
>>12821
you have to dry staves for a while prior to using them.

and /fo/ or /nra/ had a huge discussion one time on the practicality of using a sling shot, in short buy a gun.
>>
Ernest Dillermere - Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:17:29 EST ID:SUmVOLxl No.12843 Ignore Report Reply
I have this bag

http://www.edisastersystems.com/store/72-hour-survival-kit-2-person-3-day-emergency-supply-kit-pr-3.html?gclid=CP2s2vm2n70CFckWMgodAicA-Q

Its pretty good deal for all the stuff that's in it, plus I'm only 1 person. I put some lighters, matches, and a knife in there.

I also got this, which I highly suggest everybody get.

http://www.amazon.com/Vestergaard-Frandsen-527950-LifeStraw-Personal-Filter/dp/B006QF3TW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1395260777&sr=1-1&keywords=survival+straw+water+filter

I honesty think that's the most important thing I have in the bag.

Anybody got anymore suggestions? I think I'm gonna put more food in there. I also wanna get an old iphone/itouch along with a solar powered charger so I can have that in a shtf scenario.
>>
Ernest Dillermere - Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:20:35 EST ID:SUmVOLxl No.12844 Ignore Report Reply
>>12843
also the iphone/touch would be loaded with survival apps and information and possibly some literature for if I get bored. I wouldn't just be playing fruit ninja. I also heard you can build boxes to put electronics in that would protect against an EMP, I'd probably keep it in that since it would be invaluable.
>>
Augustus Pangerworth - Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:32:57 EST ID:NwDcBVP/ No.12848 Ignore Report Reply
A European military surplus backpack, pick your flavor. ~$40

A Mora, poly handle, cheapest available. $10

Roll of duct tape. $2.50 (first use to reinforce Mora by wrapping base of the blade with handle thickly)

Firesteel and flint combo. $5

An altoids tin or other container preferably watertight full of dry tinder. $1 or nothing if container is available.

Metal canteen. $5

The meanest looking tool in the crowbar/hatchet/axe section at Lowes/Home Depot/some other big chain hardware store $~40

A waterproof tarp $20? No idea what tarps go for these days actually, might be cheaper.

500ft paracord $5

Warm fire retardant blanket $20

That's slightly over $150 but could probably be gotten for less, I gave high estimates for the cost of each item. That's a good bare essentials pack though.
>>
Eliza Honeyfuck - Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:29:03 EST ID:Mm+7hwGH No.13348 Ignore Report Reply
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=201156592574

Worth it? Seeing as how i want to carry long arms and cant decide between what i have, plus scavenger mode flexibility
>>
Whitey Blackstock - Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:54:02 EST ID:G8s7VP7o No.13350 Ignore Report Reply
>>12602

SDS Assault Pack $10 (Local swap meet)

3x Mylar Blanket $6 (Walmart)

Used Camelbak carrier $10, new reservoir $10 (Local surplus, Walmart)

Swedish Mess Kit $10 (Online surplus)

Swiss Military Poncho $7 (Online surplus)

Water Bottle w/ Charcoal Filter $5 (Walmart)

4x Spare Filters $8 (Walmart)

Germicidal/Chorotabs $8 (Walmart)

Match Tube w/ Matches $1 (Walmart)

Flint $5 (Walmart)

Gerber Para $15 (Walmart)

M48 Tanto Full Tang $10 (Online Cutlery Vendor)

Tactical Hawk Tomahawk $25 (Amazon) *This is primarily tool, secondary a weapon*

Topo Map of my AO Free (Caltopo.com)

Orienteering Compass $5 (Walmart)

Lensatic Compass $5 (Walmart)

100 MPH $5 (Local surplus)

Electrical Tape $3 (Lowes)

Protein/Calorie Bars $10 (Online vendor)

= $150

My personal BOB has much more, plus I have various other pieces. The thing to think about is to evenly distribute the load and keep unessesary bullshit to a minimum (i.e. electronics, cellphones, ect...)

I have a minimum of four knives in my BOB, you'll end up loosing one or two...those are a key part in surviving. I also carry a Zippo, but they require fuel, so matches and flint are a necessary backup, water filtration is most important, know at least the basic skills, like filtering water, building shelter, forging, plant identification, weather forcasting, ect... it's all covered in FM 3-05.70, another tip is to carry a pocket guide, be it Ranger, SAS, ect... can't remember 100% of everything, 100% of the time.

You can have a map, compass, ect... but unless you know how to actually navigate, it's useless. Navigation isn't something you can just "do", you have to know what you're doing, or you'll end up lost. Happens all the time to hikers, military personnel, LE, ect...
>>
Alice Drurrypeck - Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:05:04 EST ID:KHMUD5GF No.13351 Ignore Report Reply
What kind of but plug would you fellas suggest for a BOB?
>>
Barnaby Sevingstone - Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:57:41 EST ID:GF328ULa No.13354 Ignore Report Reply
>>13350
Cheap shit breaks easily.
You want to know why it's cheap. Because you'll have to buy it 2 or more times.
Which is useless for a survival kit.

That 25 dorrar tomahawk.... seriously ?
The handle will fall off, the metal will deform and the sharp edge will be sharp for about one use.
I'd pay 25 dorrar for a single screwdriver. 50 or so for a hammer. For a tomahawk, I'd gladly pay 100 or more. Just so I know that fucker isn't going to fall apart in my hand the first time I use it.
For fuck sake, it probably has the dreaded chrome vanadium etching on it. the tool equivalent of "premium" or "organic" on food labels.
>>
Wesley Driggledale - Tue, 09 Sep 2014 09:44:47 EST ID:3/35wmvk No.13390 Ignore Report Reply
Save 150 more and get a half decent kit

You can get a good lightweight backack for <100
>more buys more, teton sports explorer is nice if you don't want milsurp
Hygiene supplies <25
>soap, toothpaste, shovel, so on. You can really cheap out here, REI has a nice hiking shovel for 8 bucks. Campsuds will wash you, your clothes, and your dishes in a really small concentrated package, buy some.
Sleep system +-200
>Tent, Tarp, sleeping bag, sleeping pad. Don't cheap out here, just don't. You can make a strong lightweight tarp with tyvek
Water bladder +-30
Bic lighter <5
>a ferro rod and some punk wood is nice, but a bic lighter is more dependable than you'd think
I assume you already have clothing, so free.
>I recommend buying some decent pants and underwear though
I assume you already have some food, so free.

This will get you through most nights. You also will most likely want a first aid kit (make your own), some stuff sacks, a knife (mora), a headlamp (petzl tikkina), and a water filter (sawyer mini or squeeze). Probably something I'm forgetting. To waterproof everything put it in a ziplock and then a trash bag.
>>
Phineas Murdway - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:54:40 EST ID:O65G9xZS No.13399 Ignore Report Reply
>>13390
I forgot dishes, an aluminum mess kit will cost you 8 bucks. A stainless steel cup will cost you another 8 and is worth it. A small alcohol Stove made of aluminum soda cans can be had for the cost of two sodas (or like 10 bucks for a really well made one off eBay) heeter Denatured alcohol is really cheap.

I like to have a nalgene bottle wrapped in duct tape with a SS nesting cup on the bottom of it. If I ever need to boil water without a large fire I have that in my side pocket to use with the alcohol stove.
>>
Phineas Murdway - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:55:24 EST ID:O65G9xZS No.13400 Ignore Report Reply
>>13399
heet or
>>
Basil Greenshaw - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:56:36 EST ID:G8s7VP7o No.13402 Ignore Report Reply
>>13354

>>I'd gladly overpay for a tool, simply because I believe the sham of "expensive means better". I really don't understand SAE ratings, nor do I understand what the BHS is, Tensile Strength, or FDA regulations. I also lack any understanding of what personal preferences, constructive criticism, or budgets are.

FTFY.
>>
Cedric Genningpot - Thu, 11 Sep 2014 02:35:42 EST ID:uM+rkBNA No.13404 Ignore Report Reply
>>13402
No don't know anything about any of those things other than preference. Because I don't need to. ( I do however know that the FDA has nothing to with hand tools or power tools )
But quite simply I've bought cheap tools before, Screwdrivers warp, hammers falls apart. and wrenches bend. I'd rather pay the extra 50 dorrar and get a branded forge steel, snap-on or wera set of anything, If someone is willing to put there name on the tool and provide a 10 year warranty or more, You can be rather certain it's of good quality and will probably last you the better part of your life without having to buy another set.

And the more expensive sham, Is only a sham if you're buying shit from fucking argos and bnq.
>>
Hannah Nicklebury - Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:05:21 EST ID:cBi54n/s No.13406 Ignore Report Reply
>>13404

Then you fall for the sham. Ignorance isn't something to be proud of. (No, they don't, but "Organic" is a label that is FDA regulated and must meet certain regulations)

Cheap Price=|=Cheap Quality

It is possible to provide a reliable and durable tool at an affordable price. $75 doesn't guarantee anything, it's a price point. For all you know Snap-On is making their tools at $15 and selling them at a huge markup. So you could be getting fleeced and you're making excuses for it by saying that in some arbitrary way that price points guarantee quality.

To toss your argument on it's head, the tomahawk I purchased has a LIFETIME WARRANTY, as in my lifetime, not the lifetime of the tool. How do you explain that? Beats the shit out of your 10 year warranty from Snap-On. Than there is Hi-Point, their warranty is amazing. Regardless of if you're the first or tenth owner of their firearms or if it suffers a catastrophic failure or you run it over purposefully with a dump truck, they'll replace it, free of cost, no questions asked. The price point is also lower on all their firearms across the board compared to other firearms in similar calibers.

Like I said, your just upset you drop big bills for something that is equal in quality to a more affordable item. Then you try to justify the purchase by insulting others who were more diligent in their purchase and actually made an effort to decide for themselves based on the materials and craftsmanship, rather than "warranty" and "self-promotion".

Anyone can make a product, be it complete garbage or extremely high quality and still offer a stellar warranty.
>>
Edwin Duckridge - Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:27:45 EST ID:WAjISG8H No.13407 Ignore Report Reply
>>13406
Are you calling hi-points shitty? They're big, ugly, heavy, and a PITA to take down but they're reliable and tough, which is more than I can say for a lot of guns out there.
>>
Sidney Crigglehall - Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:48:55 EST ID:G8s7VP7o No.13408 Ignore Report Reply
>>13407

That was my point. Just because something costs $300 less than it's market rivals, looks like a brick, is clunky, and ugly doesn't equate to poor quality or craftsmanship...just like dropping $1,200 doesn't equate to superior quality.

It's the most asinine shit. People making unfound claims, such as claiming a higher price point equates to superior quality, which is completely wrong, or making claims because they feel as if their understanding of the world is indisputable fact.

Let me give an example of the latter; I was in an argument with a guy once, over WD-40. He told me, WD-40 isn't meant to be used by any professionals or technicians, that it's a squeaky hinge stopgap and that's it. Do you have any idea what WD-40 was designed for? It was designed by the Rocket Chemical Corporation specifically for the Convair Division of General Dynamics to be used as a water displace on the skin of the Atlas ICBM. I can't think of much anything else that spells out "professional" or "technical" quite so well.
>>
Nathaniel Sonkinmog - Fri, 12 Sep 2014 20:38:15 EST ID:uM+rkBNA No.13410 Ignore Report Reply
Well, You go ahead and buy your cheap toys, Come back in a year or so when you've bought your sixth or so set of them and try and say the same.

>or making claims because they feel as if their understanding of the world is indisputable fact.
Go back and re-read your facts and tell yourself you're not doing the same.

I still have a £250 40 piece drill bit set that hasn't even tarnished, dulled or warped in over 16 years and I use those fuckers every single day barring weekends.

You just want to justify being cheap. Because it'll take a good few months for cheap tools to become useless scrap metal, By which time you'll of forgotten about this argument entirely, and you'll be able to justify your 60th 5 dorrar spending on the same fucking tool.

And it's not unfounded, It's shear experience. I work in company where everyone has there own toolbox, The guy who buys cheap tools, Is the guy always complaining that his tools don't fucking work. The guys who bought mid range to high end tools, Never complain other than when they first got them and that was the merely the price.

So go and play with your toys, I'll work with my tools.
>>
Eugene Pickshit - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:46:55 EST ID:wFyRqGLq No.13414 Ignore Report Reply
so ima viral market for a second and highly suggest this cree led light from amazonaas its 4 dollars and fits this thread perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Focus-Light/dp/B006E0QAFY/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1410672902&sr=1-2&keywords=cree+led
incoming mini review

so ive been carrying mine for about a month using it mainly as a light while i ride my bike home did some research and im finding it listed under various names all over the net for anywhere from 14-50 dollars.

its a very simple aluminum constructed 1 mode flash light that is freaking bright. the led and lense are what set this apart, the lense actually magnifies the beam down to point. when zoomed in it actually is square like the led. really surprised me when i did it the first time. it says 300lm which i really dnt have anything to compare it to to tell you if thats acurate or not. i find it to be plently bright enough to comfortably ride my bike as fast as i can go though at night. ive probably had it running close to 4 hours now and the battery hasnt died.

i actually like this light so much i bought one for my mom, and 5 more just in case. at 4 dollars a pop there perfect.
>>
Eugene Pickshit - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:50:08 EST ID:wFyRqGLq No.13415 Ignore Report Reply
>>13414
hit submit to early.

i haven't submerged it yet as id rather not risk breaking it and the lense is for sure not water tight but i have dropped it while riding my bike at full speed and it survived no problem . the clip is actually pretty solid, i bent mine to easier go on and off my pocket and it stays in palce.

only grip is the button is slightly ever so slightly higher then the rim of the light so it tilts when sat on end.
>>
Beatrice Mobbermack - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:35:04 EST ID:5P/7uQxm No.13416 Ignore Report Reply
>>13410
You broke my soul with your hatered of music :(
>>
Edward Crurringforth - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 19:25:49 EST ID:42Q4ddgb No.13417 Ignore Report Reply
>>12843
those 2 things are almost already 150.

also allot of people are not factoring in these 5-7 dollar items also have 5-7$ shipping price so the price is doubled. better off buying shit IRL then on the internet if at all possible.
>>
Nigel Feblingham - Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:26:50 EST ID:k49Orafw No.13419 Ignore Report Reply
>>13417
Or you know, Amazon, rei, or any other of the hundreds of websites that offer free shipping and hugely discounted prices.

My favorite pants cost 60 dollars in a department store, they're 30 dollars on Amazon so I buy two pairs and get free shipping. Even with Shipping it's worth it on most stuff.
>>
Frederick Dremmlewell - Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:37:41 EST ID:42Q4ddgb No.13421 Ignore Report Reply
>>13419

Amazon offers free shipping on items yes, but the items that have free shipping mostly always cost more then the ones that don't, if you actually compared prices on amazon you would probably notice this, Prime item costs 6$, non prime same item costs 3.50, with 3$ shipping, and ya allot of things you can get cheaper online but allot of things you can get cheaper just going into the store and getting them, especially small items.

or you can just order the cheap ones from China that take 30 days to get to you, and there is a 50/50 chance that the item will not be what was advertised.
>>
Thomas Goshmore - Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:41:34 EST ID:U9HbnF1H No.13422 Ignore Report Reply
>>13421 if its fufilled by amazon, chance ae yu can hit a certain price point and get free or discount shipping.
and i do alot of shopping online i can safely say that most everything is cheaper when you arent paying for a brick and motor store. this thread is 9 months old, i dont think time is a constraint.

and as long as you pay attention chances are you dont get burned on counterfeits, and if you are spending 3 bucks with the hope of saving 30 who cares if you get burned once or twice, you still ahead.
>>
Esther Monkinspear - Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:22:37 EST ID:6u4z0yBf No.13423 Ignore Report Reply
For my camping bag, I went around to brick and mortar stores and found what I wanted, wrote down prices, then found them on Amazon for cheaper INCLUDING shipping. Yeah, it was only a few dollars cheaper, but that also meant I don't have to drive out to stores and waste gas. The only time I found brick and mortar stores cheaper was during a big sale or clearance event.
>>
Walter Tootwell - Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:25:51 EST ID:cBi54n/s No.13428 Ignore Report Reply
>>13410

There is no reason to be childish and if you're going to throw a tantrum because someone has a varying point of view, you need to stay off the internet, or better yet just not leave your dwelling.

I will, I'll buy them as frequently or infrequently as I please. I still have no idea why you even bothered to comment in the first place.

Been rocking my tomahawk for a few years now, use it for yard work, carried it for extrication, used it camping, used it in the winter to spit kindling and small logs... she's still going like a champ.

That's good for you. I've seen similar sets for similar costs shatter and snap after a few years of infrequent use.

Hardly, I've spent serious coin on various items. I've also spent cheaply because there was no reason for me to buy a $100 hammer, the $25 hammer preforms the job just as well. Now, if I was a carpenter or electrician, I might consider the $100 hammer.

That is indeed unfounded, experience is based on a SOLE person and their life. So based on you biased and narrow view, you say the guys who buy cheap have broken tools...because you're an infallible and incapable of lying, or forgetting, or simply fabricating stories.

You really are a child.

PS:

I find it highly unlikely your any sort of experienced laborer, in any field, most likely an apprentice who thinks he knows something. Someone with experience in and industry would know what SAE, BHS, and like systems are, because they're internationally universal.

Anyway, have fun with whatever it is you supposedly do, or don't do. This will be my last retort to you, enjoy.
>>
Eliza Cridgespear - Wed, 17 Sep 2014 02:03:21 EST ID:YowLYruc No.13431 Ignore Report Reply
My whole BOB cost about $200, I know $50 out of price range, but not bad,
Includes blades, portable stove, butane, first aid, hammocks and everything else you might need. total of about 50lbs on a rucksack.

I can go cheaper, way cheaper, AND better.
You just need some know-how and a lot of hard work.

Bulk wool (3 lbs, $10 a lb from local farmer) - $30
Bulk cotton (4 lbs, -$26 amazon)
10 pc aluminium crotchet set. - $5
Sheep hide (X2) - $20 (from local farmer)
Fishing line spool - $5
Scrap steel (LOTS) - $30
Reclaimed rail beam - free. (If you know where to get it ;D)
Reclaimed telephone pole - (see above)
Sledgehammer - $10
Refractory cement -$15
Old bic lighters - not hard to find in any parking lot near smokers lots.
Plastic bottles - FREE, (steal that shit from recycling)
(Total $141)

From there on you can make ANYTHING you need using what's provided above.
You can make your own canvas, clothes, knives, axes, backpacks, Canteens, bows , arrows, blankets, tents, pots, pans, grills, bags... all quality, water-proof, long lasting and PLENTIFUL.
>>
Edwin Sollerman - Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:13:13 EST ID:dxKQnE6F No.13435 Ignore Report Reply
>>13422
You would be hard pressed to find any sort of clothing, tools, books, phone accessories, car parts, or electronics, cheaper in a store than you would online.

You can go to Verizon to buy a 20 dollar case for 50, best buy to pay 1/3 more than you need to for a TV, or your uni to buy full priced books if you want but I'll stick to buying online.
>>
Lydia Billingville - Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:51:51 EST ID:42Q4ddgb No.13445 Ignore Report Reply
>>13435

>You would be hard pressed to find any sort of clothing, tools, books, phone accessories, car parts, or electronics, cheaper in a store than you would online.

Uh, you can get clothes for pretty much free, car parts you can goto a junkyard and get them pretty cheap, not sure what type of electronics you would need for a bug out bag and car parts for that matter and phone accessories would be useless, you are better off going to the salvation army or an army surplus store, and you can get books for free as well pretty much just download them and print.

But ya yo can easily buy shitty Chinese made electronics online cheaper most of the time.
>>
Nicholas Sammledudging - Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:11:16 EST ID:N9z2gZ+B No.13455 Ignore Report Reply
1411625476837.jpg -(2010923B / 1.92MB, 1920x1398) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
David Dullyhore - Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:22:41 EST ID:zSLEtY/Y No.13476 Ignore Report Reply
>>13354
http://www.toolventure.co.uk/hand-tools/est-e24a.html?utm_source=Search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Productlisting&gclid=CjwKEAjw77OhBRCJ7Onfp_HNtwYSJACZqHAWEIiUKzU6IlghogkJbEp1P8_GcNFqtIxQaWvCKpFdVhoCK8Pw_wcB

Estwing are a good make, that shit isnt going to fall apart easily
>>
Ian Crivinghood - Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:18:46 EST ID:czcxX/K7 No.13492 Ignore Report Reply
1412641126165.png -(14102B / 13.77KB, 200x141) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
decent size backpack or duffel, lined with a garbage bag
empty hatorade bottles full of tap water, cheap charcol filter
kitchen knife with duct-tape and cardboard sheath, other tools.
med kit, with different sized bandages, ibuprophen, immodium, etc
full change of clothes and jacket, gloves, hat, scarf
pen, paper, book you can put notes in the margins
high density snacks, more water, bowl, spoon
flashlight, lighter, smokes, booze, deck of cards
sleeping bag, mat, small tarp or piece of sheeting
550 cord or rope, extra currency in small bills and trade items
usually the sleep system is the bulkiest part of the kit, tools and weapons the heaviest
adjust according to your needs and depending where you're at and where you're going
try and leave some space in your bag in case you find more useful supplies
>>
Graham Munderworth - Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:44:13 EST ID:1anvyJpz No.13514 Ignore Report Reply
>>13455
That looks like it was pieced together by a douchey hipster "photographer" that considers himself an artist.
>>
Charles Chonderstock - Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:49:59 EST ID:kxVXzDlx No.13515 Ignore Report Reply
1413247799285.jpg -(64281B / 62.77KB, 375x534) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
my bug out bag consists of just these 2 dvd's

i clearly have the best bag in this thread, and for the lowest price

challenge defeated.
>>
Ernest Furringkig - Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:09:48 EST ID:FLZRYDjI No.13516 Ignore Report Reply
>>13515

Do you play the dvds with your penis?

No solar powered dvd player lol this guy
>>
Samuel Wacklebury - Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:55:23 EST ID:pDEZN3be No.13528 Ignore Report Reply
>>13516

I've actually committed every bit of data contained in the DVD's to perfect memory and recite it each day.

I would take them with me just to remind me to not stray from the One True Path.
>>
George Wuffingnadging - Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:36:35 EST ID:FLZRYDjI No.13529 Ignore Report Reply
>>13528

You should surgically graft the smashed shards of the dvds into your ribcage for maximum effect.
>>
Nicholas Pondlegold - Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:53:21 EST ID:N9z2gZ+B No.13544 Ignore Report Reply
>>13514

Hey! That's me!
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:54:05 EST ID:Lgurnqyq No.13685 Ignore Report Reply
1421355245986.jpg -(1803914B / 1.72MB, 4128x2322) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>itemized /fo/ gear

Pack (Molle)
Headlamp (AA Cells) (parabolic mirror)
LED Flashlight (manual power)
Poncho (polethylene)
Thermal Blanket (Mylar)
Flint & Steel (Mg Casing)
Face Mask (Thinsulate)

Machete
Jack Knife (straight/serrated combo blade, nonreflective)
Multi-Tool
Slingshot (collapsable)

Ventolin Inhaler
Lip Balm
Aspirin
Acietometaphan
Naproxen Sodium
Ibuprofen
Alka-Seltzer
Neosporin
Tolnafate
Chamomile

AA Cells
Sewing Kit
Blindfold
Assorted Writing Implements

>Not Shown
Ziplock Bags
Iodine Tablets
MRE
Fishing Line & Tackle
Journal
Twine

Not sure the total cost but definitely well under $150usd
>>
Jenny Sobberpudge - Sat, 17 Jan 2015 04:45:05 EST ID:i6g4yRlY No.13690 Ignore Report Reply
>>13685

>that fucking facemask

Not sure if brilliant or ridiculous.

Gotta get yer beauty sleep in of course.

Or are you using it on hostages you terrorist
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Sat, 17 Jan 2015 12:46:21 EST ID:Lgurnqyq No.13691 Ignore Report Reply
1421516781432.jpg -(451577B / 440.99KB, 1186x1754) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13690
you're talking about the blindfold?
Timezone jumping. nb
or, you know, there are probably lots of uses.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.