Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
When is the time right? Ignore Report Reply
Emma Tillingwill - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:35:27 EST ID:YQbpBzlB No.12835
File: 1395146127420.png -(2024009B / 1.93MB, 1080x810) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2024009
At what point is it best to bug out? What real-world scenarios would warrant dropping everything, grabbing your bag and getting the fuck out of Dodge, so to speak? I get natural disasters that leave large areas uninhabitable or at the very least very dangerous would be up there on the list as well as rioting and social unrest but at this point it may be too late to make for an effective escape. What are the warning signs that one should look for in regards to deciding it is time to leave?

Pic slightly related, an old picture of my hiking gear. Yes, there is a wand and pipe in there since while I was hiking I was also heavily into my shaman phase of spiritual exploration. I've added some things since then but for the sake of brevity I won't go into it. This is for scenarios and general warning signs, not necessarily gear.
>>
Edward Shakebury - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:12:26 EST ID:7DlAAO+3 No.12836 Ignore Report Reply
When your life is being threatened or you believe that it will come under threat very soon by a force that could do you harm is around about the time you should bug-out. Other reasons include access to food, clean water and better shelter/accommodation.

You really shouldn't bug-out unless you absolutely have to.
>>
Shitting Doddlewater - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 13:38:21 EST ID:7swRqe+s No.12838 Ignore Report Reply
>>12835
oh shit OP run there coming to get you
run you fool RUN!
>>
Come to rural Southwest Colorado - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:17:26 EST ID:GnZdkJmg No.12839 Ignore Report Reply
>>12835
I hate crowds. As soon as people start to look like their panic is spreading my way, I leave. That has been how I operate for years. Weather and natural disasters are not those times, for me, if I know that my home has a fair chance of weathering the storm. People scare me more than mother nature.
>>
Barnaby Clipperfuck - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:09:32 EST ID:YQbpBzlB No.12840 Ignore Report Reply
1395187772209.jpg -(1716996B / 1.64MB, 2329x2994) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>12839

That's my thinking as well. When I see panic starting to spread my way, I prepare to leave as quickly as I can. But what I'm trying to get at is that I need to know the warning signs of such unrest as well as other situations where bugging out is warranted.
>>
Priscilla Brenderspear - Mon, 24 Mar 2014 00:06:51 EST ID:SW+xvkqg No.12864 Ignore Report Reply
>>12835

im always bugging out op
>>
Ian Fanworth - Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:52:39 EST ID:YQbpBzlB No.12868 Ignore Report Reply
>>12864

Lay off the meth
>>
Albert Turveywater - Tue, 25 Mar 2014 22:57:40 EST ID:NwDcBVP/ No.12872 Ignore Report Reply
>>12840

Keep tabs on world events and local news. The weather too.

Usually the PANIC! mode happens suddenly and without warning due to something like radio/cell phone announcements suddenly like RUSSIA IS INVADING REMAIN CALM THE NATIONAL GUARD WILL PROTECT YOU or a nuke siren would turn any other calm day into full retard chaos mode. Those are the kinds of things you can't anticipate. Sneak attacks from terrorists or invading countries. Sudden natural disasters happen without warning sometimes but there are usually warning signs with tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanos, bad storms, hurricanes etc.

A terrorist attack requires a different response than an invasion obviously. If you hear about a terrorist attack get away from populated areas, get all your NBC survival gear and watch the news. Go to a remote location if people are being rounded up by the National Guard for safety as those locations could become potential targets next. The Guard will be meaning well but you should look after your own ass, plus with relief camps like that, panic can make them explode into unconstrained chaos, paranoid OMG FEMA CAMPS people can start grabbing M16s from the armory and yeah, you don't want to be there unless you're a Guardsman, then obviously do your duty.

For an invasion the same general rule applies but foreign countries know the US is chock full of gun toting average people so if you see foreign soldiers parachuting into your neighborhood, shoot to kill because they've most likely been ordered and trained to treat you as an enemy combatant. The National Guard will tell you to go to their camps and not fight but they'll be glad people did when the dust settles.

Seriously any invading soldier setting foot in America is going to be paranoid as fuck. They will shoot, your little cottage house or whatever isn't going to look innocent and pastoral. If they don't behave that way their invasion isn't going to last very long. So yeah be aware of that if you're an American citizen or even just visiting here and an invasion happens. Everyone here might become a target.
>>
Eugene Brottingkidge - Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:35:26 EST ID:YQbpBzlB No.12875 Ignore Report Reply
>>12872

Good post, thanks for that.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.