Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
nomames.mp3 Ignore Report Reply
dameunmcchiken.sys - Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:57:47 EST ID:4ATdF+eK No.12841
File: 1395201467895.jpg -(22423B / 21.90KB, 255x197) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 22423
So..
Explain the best way, How the thing about Cannabis Extinction its going to work
and wat are the effects
>>
Cedric Winderlon - Wed, 19 Mar 2014 05:58:08 EST ID:7DlAAO+3 No.12842 Ignore Report Reply
>>12841
It's not going to work.

Cannabis grows everywhere and will even grow in spite of your attempts to chop it down. There's a reason it's called a weed. Mainly because if you could just leave it to grow and spread and It fucking spreads man,

The only time it'll be completely gone is when most other hardy perennials are as well. Which is like the end of the world or sumit.
>>
Nicholas Billingdale - Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:31:16 EST ID:PEZyd0pP No.12845 Ignore Report Reply
>>12842
Genetically engineered pestilence. Either a virus or a fungus. Virus is easier to do. Fungus would be very difficult to make, but Fungi are great at seriously damaging a species.

Remember all those american chestnuts? Niether do I, because a fungus killed all of them. Actually, they're still kinda around. There's a new resistant strain, and the old trees will grow back then die, before reaching maturity.

My point is, a genetically engineered fungus could at least make it rare.
>>
Sophie Pockman - Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:13:37 EST ID:7DlAAO+3 No.12850 Ignore Report Reply
>>12845
>a genetically engineered fungus could at least make it rare.
Sativa, indica and rudirelish.
There's three main species of cannabis.
There would need to be 3 GM viruses capable of taking each one down simultaneously.

For one, That's not how GM works.
You start from the beginning and work forwards. There's no objective other than to mix what has never been mixed before.
Secondly, You're silly. Cannabis is the probably the most known and scattered species. It's easily worldwide. Fuck I bet if you go to a place with igloos you'll eventually find one with a grow inside it.
And killing an intentional super star is probably going to be difficult.
>>
Clara Sublingdudging - Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:24:42 EST ID:PEZyd0pP No.12851 Ignore Report Reply
>>12850
>There would need to be 3 GM viruses capable of taking each one down simultaneously.
Not necessarily. There are fungi that can infect across genera. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batrachochytrium_dendrobatidis )
>For one, That's not how GM works.
Hypothetical GM. In theory, we can engineer pathogenic fungi that attack a certain organism. That sort of drastic engineering is currently out of our reach, but it's theoretically possible.
>Secondly, You're silly.
Absolutely. I was just giving the most likely scenario, which is still astronomically unlikely. It's still more likely than a zombie scenario, and those threads are on this board.
>>
Nell Nattingkare - Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:44:56 EST ID:uTn1TfqP No.12857 Ignore Report Reply
I feel silly asking, but why would anybody or anything want to get rid of weed?
>>
Archie Dommlefuck - Sat, 22 Mar 2014 23:00:56 EST ID:PEZyd0pP No.12858 Ignore Report Reply
>>12857
OP got too high and wants to make sure that never happens again. How else, but eliminate the plant all together?
>>
Cedric Wibberbury - Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:07:57 EST ID:aFGFhtp2 No.12862 Ignore Report Reply
It's very hard to wipe a plant out of existence, if not near impossible.

Even more so one that grows in a ridiculous amount of the world. Even if you made a virus/fungus etc that destroyed the plant, there would be forms of the plant that would be resistant to it because, well, because evolution. Good luck spreading that fungus to all the different parts of the world as well, if the fungus can even survive in the very hot/very cold/very dry/very wet areas that weed can grow.

It would be easier and more plausible to make some kind of pest like locust and somehow genetically breed it to fucking love eating weed, even then seeds would survive, persist and spread, and the pest would again have trouble spreading around the world and surviving in different climates.

Shit now I think about it trying to wipe a plant out to extinction is probably one of the hardest things you could ever attempt to do.
>>
Samuel Niggerfield - Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:27:53 EST ID:PEZyd0pP No.12870 Ignore Report Reply
>>12862
Locust aint shit compared to fungus. They suck at spreading, whereas spores are fuckin great at hitching a ride on everything. They mainly just do mechanical damage, wheras a fungus can fuck up your whole biochemistry. Fuck a locust.
>Shit now I think about it trying to wipe a plant out to extinction is probably one of the hardest things you could ever attempt to do.
True. There's plenty of rare plants that could be made extinct in the wild. With a concerted effort, I bet authorities could destroy all wild peyote (so they'd only grow in captivity).

Look up the American Chestnut. It was brought to the brink of extinction thanks to a wild fungus.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.