Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
The end Ignore Report Reply
Clara Settingkare - Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:20:43 EST ID:qhCQPYNQ No.12990
File: 1398165643610.jpg -(39004B / 38.09KB, 310x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 39004
Anyone else "prepping" for the end not because you feel like its coming, but because you wish it would?

Like I'm doing nothing with my life and the only way I would ever get out of my mundane "blue collar" existence is if society collapsed. I don't even have any hobbies I just try to keep myself entertained with TV and video games.

So I prepare for the end, just hoping it comes and whisks me away to a more interesting life.

Hell, I have medical problems and my teeth are rotting out of my head so I probably wouldn't last more then a year or two.
>>
Eugene Hicklefitch - Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:47:20 EST ID:c9Xpj6VX No.12991 Ignore Report Reply
>>12990
>I don't even have any hobbies

then work on your dirt time. the gear is useless if you dont have the skills to use it effectivly.
and really, trecking rough terain is hard fucking work, just straping on your pack and walking around the local park will help build the muscle groups you need. id suggest going through the woods and up and down hill so you can get use to walking with the pack on.
>>
Clara Settingkare - Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:46:19 EST ID:qhCQPYNQ No.12993 Ignore Report Reply
>>12991
But I live in the middle of a city, in Florida. Theres not a hill for several hundred miles.
>>
Esther Murdfuck - Wed, 23 Apr 2014 02:17:55 EST ID:AqZfEERQ No.12997 Ignore Report Reply
1398233875297.jpg -(104859B / 102.40KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I wouldn't call myself a prepper. All I have is a bunch of knives and dozens of books on survival and sustainable living.

But yeah I do wish for some social upheaval, something that would really fuck up the world for a decade or so would be nice.

I work at an Amazon warehouse so I'm thinking I'll just head there for supplies. There is more food, drink, building materials and gear in that place than any Walmart and you need a security clearance to enter so there's a good chance the place won't get totally ransacked. I would only have to watch out for any co-workers who had the same idea.
>>
Polly Fiblingford - Wed, 23 Apr 2014 08:25:14 EST ID:BV5tZ0rg No.13000 Ignore Report Reply
>>12993
well, id practice just walking with it on then.

theres alot you can practice with out woods or fields and can be done in a back yard.
practice getting embers with out lighters or matches. you dont need a raging fire just enough ember to prove you can get the fire going then start over. ember is the hard part.
baton wood so you dont break your knife/know how to split/process large wood with out a axe/saw
knots. mainly the ones for shelters.
sleeping out side on the ground

figure out what you'd do to bug out, every one is differnt for you it seems like finding a fresh water source will probably be a pain in the dick so id scenarioing on where you'd be finding water. unless i make it to the lake which is pretty unhealthy drinking water id be creek/ditch/pond grabbing it from sources i probably wouldnt drink from now.
>>
Fuck Summlelock - Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:40:22 EST ID:10zu9ceL No.13025 Ignore Report Reply
>>12990
It's kind of sad that life has become so mundane and dull that people actually are wishing for the Apocalypse to occur just so things can get more interesting.
>>
Augustus Chopperway - Sat, 03 May 2014 18:19:15 EST ID:QChUolRS No.13031 Ignore Report Reply
>>12990
>TV and video games

Those are hobbies OP.
>>
Whitey Hottingdotch - Mon, 12 May 2014 01:48:59 EST ID:YIu/Rnk0 No.13049 Ignore Report Reply
Quick prep question for some of you, is it fine to put pinto beans in a sanitized, food grade 5 gallon bucket like this one(below), with at least 2000 cc oxygen absorbers:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_356492-1152-50640_0__

Will it keep it's 30 year or so shelf life just with that? I've heard people talk about mylar bags, but it'd be a lot easier if I could just dump the 30 pounds of bean in a bucket and throw an oxygen absorber in there.
>>
Nicholas Fuckingway - Mon, 12 May 2014 11:40:54 EST ID:8BaDbcbX No.13050 Ignore Report Reply
>>13049
Buckets like that always end up with mold in the corners, Even my brewing bins after a complete sterilization end up with mold within a few weeks

I'd suggest that bucket with a mylar bag tied tight around it.

Without the air circulation prevention then you will end up with mold, There's no two ways about it.

If you can't get your hands on mylar bags then a windoless and dry basement could work for a while but no where near as long as actually just segregating your food from the air.
>>
Cyril Sassleway - Tue, 09 Sep 2014 04:54:04 EST ID:/VG67rzL No.13389 Ignore Report Reply
Become self sufficient and ditch the blue collar for a red neck
>>
Shitting Caddlefeck - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:54:58 EST ID:RDlxqepr No.13418 Ignore Report Reply
>>13025
I actually hear this all the time from people at my workplace. They wish something bad would happen so that they could have meaning in their lives. But just sit down and think about it. Do you really want to deal with an apocalyptic world?
>>
Sophie Blapperbanks - Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:07:21 EST ID:7UKzYljI No.13825 Ignore Report Reply
>>13418

actually, ide rather deal with a star trek sort of world; friendly aliens, new technology to the masses, the nearly absolute end of war and poverty, exo-solar-system space travel measured in months to weeks, instead of months to years.....

am i crazy to want that sort of thing ?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.