Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Female of /fo/

- Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:51:11 EST 6u4z0yBf No.13349
File: 1409003471999.png -(1602329B / 1.53MB, 1061x567) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Female of /fo/
I don't know how many other females post or lurk /fo/ but I wanted to share some info. Maybe guys with girlfriends conscious of /fo/ things might benefit from this too.

I always wondered what the hell I would do if I had no more access to feminine products. I wondered what I would do if stores shut down and ran out of products, or if I had to suddenly leave and rough it for a while. One day while walking around my neighborhood, I stopped to pet a dog and chatted with the owner. She was a crafter. She sold hand made blankets, clothes, dolls, and other things. She brought up her current project was making crochet and knitted tampons and pads out of organic cotton. She was selling them as eco-friendly alternatives to commercial products since you could wash and reuse them plus boil them for sterilization. Most commercial pads and tampons aren't sterile, and each one creates a lot of waste. It was a weird conversation, but I walked away feeling better because I knew I could task myself in making some if I ever needed. Learning to crochet or knit isn't terribly hard, and the patterns you need to know to make these are pretty basic. All you need is yarn of some kind. And if society were to completely collapse, I guess you could always learn how to make yarn, cotton, wool, twine, or whatever as material. So gals, and guys with gals, look up how to make these and save yourself from bleeding all over everywhere when shit hits the fan.
>>
Eliza Brummleford - Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:08:59 EST 0NutAifs No.13353 Reply
>>13349
TLDR, shove cotton in vagina, problem solved.
>>
Barnaby Sevingstone - Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:02:15 EST GF328ULa No.13355 Reply
I'm not exactly intimate with periods.
But surely a pre-boiled bit of cloth wrapped around the thigh or worn diaper style do it ?

Wouldn't shoving something up there be uncomfortable anyway ?

Not only that, But it's not like you'll have wolfs or bears hunting you down. What's the problem ?
>>
Angus Fuckingridge - Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:27:17 EST x+R4etVT No.13356 Reply
[/] PLUS ONE POST COUNT, LOL TESTING [/]
>>
Hamilton Puffingtat - Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:29:17 EST 9kWkVs+M No.13357 Reply
Back in my days women were chased to woods for the time of their period, like the good book instructs us.
>>
Betsy Crupperman - Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:07:07 EST 7o9T8Tfr No.13366 Reply
1409692027285.jpg -(93200B / 91.02KB, 529x794) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
What can you knit to prevent you from being raped murdered and eaten a la McCarthy's The Road
>>
Henry Nebblewell - Thu, 04 Sep 2014 03:38:50 EST ar2FU26x No.13371 Reply
Am I gonna have to go back to sheepskin condoms at the end of days?
>>
Edwin Sammlebanks - Thu, 04 Sep 2014 13:41:04 EST chan7+7b No.13373 Reply
You will just let the blood run down your legs for the intimidation just got raped but aren't acting like you just got raped because you shrugged it off and killed your assailants look.

Easily supplemented with a severed penis or five worn around the neck on a string.
>>
Hugh Billingridge - Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:45:22 EST Coi3cKwQ No.13378 Reply
>>13349
So I am no female and I absolutetly have no experiece with this but I stumbled over this thing called the Mooncup.
It seems to be a reusable alternative to tampons. If it works as advertised I assumed this is more comfortable than knitting you own tampons
>>
Polly Connerforth - Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:23:25 EST nvW5vgQ9 No.13386 Reply
Anyone else think that tampons look like giant sperm?
>>
Whitey Turveyworth - Tue, 09 Sep 2014 00:40:11 EST 1anvyJpz No.13387 Reply
>>13349
That image is so fucking gross I actually started to get a little gaggy.
>>
Hannah Pecklemutch - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:11:15 EST b5LAsXDm No.13396 Reply
This makes me fucking ill even thinking about it. Gotta hide this thread, that's how disgusted I am
>>
Atlas - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:29:58 EST G8s7VP7o No.13401 Reply
>>13349

Few things OP;

Contrary to the plethora of internet forum rumor mills, nonsensical fish wrappings women read, and the "grape vine", tampons are actually sterile. Tampons, at least in the US are listed as Class II Medical Devices by the FDA and their packing is regulated under various codes and regulations.

What makes them non-sterile is the conditions they're stored in,, if they're under you leaky sink...than of course they're going to contain mold, they've been moistened. The same can occur with any sterile materials, such as cotton bandages, bandaids, syringes, tubing, ect... This is also the case with commercial storage and retail locations.

This is the entire reasoning behind the applicator, to keep your dirty dickskinners off the actual insert which your inserting into yourself. I'm sure, in a raunchy, steamy fit of self-gratification you've thrust your unclean booger hooks into yourself to achieve orgasm...which is the same as rubbing your tampon between your dirty hands, then shoving it up into yourself. Get the idea? It'd be no different than licking unclean hands/fingers or treating a wound with unclean hands...you run the risk of contamination and infect.

Tampons have a much wider use than plugging your crotch. They've often used in IFAKs to plug bullet wounds or to be used in place of a haemostatic agent. They've been used as improvised water filtration, as fire tinder and cordage.

As far as SHTF/TEOTWAKI/PAW, you could indeed used pre-made, organic feminine napkins/inserts, or you could do as they did in the old days and roll up some cotton/cheese cloth and cram it in their. There is also sanitary cups made of medical grade silicone, such as the Diva Cup, it collects fluids, rather than absorbing.

Personally, if I was a woman, I'd go with the cup. Easier to deal with, can be sterilized by boiling, is durable, and doesn't affect the vagina's natural lubrication...which is rather important because moisture disruption (or lack there of) is what causes TSS.
>>
Hamilton Naffingwitch - Thu, 11 Sep 2014 02:31:30 EST 1anvyJpz No.13403 Reply
>>13401
>here is also sanitary cups made of medical grade silicone, such as the Diva Cup, it collects fluids
>can be sterilized by boiling
If she puts that thing one of the kitchen pots I'm filing for divorce.
>>
Nigger Shittingforth - Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:31:42 EST QeUWZWG2 No.13412 Reply
>>13396
>>13387
Are you children? Once a month women bleed, twice a day I take a big shit. Humans beings are a little gross grow up and deal with it.
>>
Eugene Pickshit - Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:16:49 EST wFyRqGLq No.13413 Reply
>>13412
im a janitor i deal with gross tampons on the daily. their comments made me chuckle
>>
Shitting Feffingsterk - Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:51:13 EST 5sN2QJmn No.13420 Reply
>>13401
>unclean booger hooks into yourself to achieve orgasm...which is the same as rubbing your tampon between your dirty hands, then shoving it up into yourself

You don't leave your fingers shoved up there for 4-6 hours per day for 3 days straight.
>>
Walter Tootwell - Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:06:45 EST cBi54n/s No.13427 Reply
>>13420

Irregardless of the amount of time an object is inserted inside of woman's gentiles, the risk is still present. A Prolonged period of object insertion increases said risk.

All it takes is for the individual to have a contaminated digit (or sexual toy, partners digit, ect...), then thrust it inside themselves. Tampons aren't the only source of vaginal infection.

While some people, female or male, may take hygiene in any context as a subject to be lightly broached upon. It's a rather pertinent topic when considering an emergency situation; where water, bleach, alcohol, or other means of cleaning or sterilizing may be non-existent.
>>
Doris Wombleville - Mon, 22 Sep 2014 04:19:18 EST mjFSLJFs No.13446 Reply
Lady here, and I just wanted to second the diva cup. I went on a three week thru-hike and sure as hell did not want to carry giant packages of disposables with me. The diva cup was awesome and easy to clean. Also brought a reusable pad made with flannel, which can be washed after use. I don't use disposables any more at all honestly, it's nice not to have the waste and the reuseables are much more comfortable imo.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.