Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Comfort

- Sat, 04 Oct 2014 05:27:31 EST 42Q4ddgb No.13482
File: 1412414851942.jpg -(276809B / 270.32KB, 1600x1066) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Comfort
Why does thinking of post apocalyptic/survival situations while going to bed make me sleep soundly and quickly?
>>
Nigel Sedgelodge - Sun, 05 Oct 2014 03:10:58 EST 2OUBl+9u No.13485 Reply
it comforts you because humans want ultimate freedom, and society prevents ultimate freedom for the "greater good"
>>
Shit Crittinglock - Sun, 05 Oct 2014 06:04:15 EST X13CqqpF No.13488 Reply
>>13485
Oh shit thats it FREEDOM ...this is why we crave the breakdown of societyb
>>
Ebenezer Murdlock - Wed, 08 Oct 2014 18:10:27 EST P28uo3P2 No.13503 Reply
because you have confidence in your ability to survive in a ruined world where you have some power to make the rules if you can find the upper hand, but in the world as it is, you know you'll never have the upper hand, and therefore you can never make the rules, therefore you have to do your best at surviving how you're told to, which you have less confidence in. And well you should, because unless you're a sociopathic schmoozer with wealthy friends, or a ludicrously lucky innovator filling an as-yet undeveloped niche, you're going to be stuck doing some shit job that you may not hate, but also doesn't come close to making you happy, thus you know that you're destined for a life of meaningless consumerism with no opportunity for excellence on your own terms. I secretly (or not, sometimes) pray for the destruction of the world as quick as it can come. I don't even care if I get taken out in the Fall, I just want the playing field leveled so that folks like you can maybe have another go at getting it right. Or at least right-er.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:21:59 EST YTTsLjoZ No.13507 Reply
1413030119832.jpg -(55571B / 54.27KB, 600x404) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13503
The human population is so unsustainable that a dramatic death toll could quite possibly be very positive for the future of the species. So many rapidly approaching crisis eradicated in favor of a semi-extinction event.
Suddenly optimism seems less futile ♥
>>
Henry Bunhood - Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:48:51 EST P28uo3P2 No.13508 Reply
>>13507
Plague, supervolcano, or asteroid impact are the big 3 extinction makers
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:01:47 EST YTTsLjoZ No.13521 Reply
>>13520
Ebola would count as plague.
Even though Supervolcano and Asteroids are statistically the most probable of the inevitable events, that doesn't mean they'll happen in time for me to enjoy, which nags me to start another /fo/ thread..
>>
Shit Pockdale - Thu, 16 Oct 2014 23:24:38 EST RjgzDufa No.13524 Reply
1413516278105.jpg -(229859B / 224.47KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13521
Cursive, what would make me sleep easy at night is just making sure we all had enough speed to keep us along. And I need a motha fuckin m60 and thousands of rounds. I would turn a dump truck into a tank and shit.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:21:06 EST YTTsLjoZ No.13532 Reply
1413598866880.jpg -(181274B / 177.03KB, 786x1160) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13524
Speed and Sleep..
Speed and a motha fuckin m60.. now you're talkin!!
>>
Ebenezer Fummlestone - Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:21:26 EST 5nKSk07e No.13557 Reply
>>13503

Holy shit that's a negative outlook. How are you still alive?
>>
Agamemnon !ONRxe15axs - Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:17:28 EST GYsixF+r No.13638 Reply
>>13547
do you honestly think with everyone having nukes that nuclear war is going to occur? the fact that everyone has them, and they're hidden all over the place, is pretty much just an insurance policy. If anyone is stupid enough to use a nuke without the consent of many powerful ally nations, they would be ruined. Think about the consequences for a minute in a situation like that and I'm sure you would agree. there are far too many factors and intelligence gaps for something like that to just happen. if a budding smaller country, say, like iran, were to obtain nuclear arms, if they were too stupid to use it as a bargaining chip, then they would just wind up completely screwing themselves. then again, everybody would know it would only be used as a bargaining chip, because if they actually used it, then it would lead to the systematic dis-empowering of that nation. they would not longer be a sovereign state, and the country would be run by someone else, probably that the UN, US, or whomever seems to be the leader or figurehead chooses. basically, if you do anything with your nuclear weapons other than make threats, you're fucked in the ass.
>>
James Gillerspear - Sun, 28 Dec 2014 07:51:17 EST q0nGICUi No.13656 Reply
>>13638
You are correct, but you also forget that our governments are dysfunctional and sometimes very unwise individuals get a lot of power, in fact it seems such individuals have the biggest amount of influence and power ATM. Also nukes, have only been around for 50 smth years and their availability has increased greatly and only going to increase more. Big asteroids strike only a few times in millennia. We still have hundreds of years left. Do you think asteroids are more likely than nuclear turmoil? Plaque is not as serious with our current understanding of diseases and supervolcanos are extremely rare and cause tremendous damage only for part of the planet. I'd be more worried of the coming iceage, since our inter-glacier period supposed to have ended a long time ago. Plus it's the age of Aquarius, aren't we supposed to get flooded and shit? Or think about the collapse of the dollar and global economy which is prolly coming shortly. Now that's a very real and likely threat to our survival.
>>
Charlotte Murddock - Mon, 29 Dec 2014 01:59:28 EST i6g4yRlY No.13659 Reply
1419836368129.jpg -(119999B / 117.19KB, 675x422) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13547
OH FUCK YEAH CUNT

>>13503

Most people say this but imo social power begins in the mind. If you were a loser pre-apocalypse I don't see why you'd be the shit post-apocalypse unless you have high proficiency in some skill that is very marketable in a post-apocalyptic world.

Serial killers and crazy fucks live just fine in this world, they'll get worse in the post-disaster one.

>>13507

>The human population is so unsustainable that a dramatic death toll could quite possibly be very positive for the future of the species.

Nah, this is more overpopulation myth stuff. Most of human innovation is a product of the sheer amount of human brains on the planet exponentially increasing the probability of innovation. Necessity is the mother of invention and not having clean water is one hell of a motivator.

>>13521

Most probable catalyst for ragnarok is actually ourselves. Nuclear war, terrorisms, evil Rockefeller depopulation plots, Dr. Eggface accidentally drops the vial of nanobots etc.

>>13557

That is the most common outlook with anything dealing with post-apocalyptic things. People either think "oh you're a survivalist because you just want to rape ur neighbor's grandma and eat all the mylar packed cookies in Wal Mart" or "I wish an apocalypse could happen so I could rape my neighbor's grandma and eat all the mylar packed cookies in Wal Mart".

>>13638

>If anyone is stupid enough to use a nuke

This is why terrorism is actually extremely dangerous. Terrorists usually don't hold allegiance to a nation but to an ideology and would think nothing of setting off a nuke in a foreign country, directing the blame on another and watching the fireworks.

Also Iran is definitely smart enough to play it politically, not smart enough to play it well though. Pic related.

>>13656

This poster is right, we're getting to the point where nukes may no longer be a 'peacemaker' kind of insurance policy and could start being practical battlefield weapons. With all the ways to deflect the strikes, developments in radioactive waste cleanup, low yield nukes, massive highly important satellite networks, naval fleets etc, nukes could be a somewhat common weapon in WW3.

>Plaque

Dentistry has not won the war.

>age of Aquarius

We just exited the Age of Pisces and anyone who is familiar with astrology will realize this means the universe is unraveling at the seams. The Kali Yuga is upon us.
>>
Isabella Fablingcocke - Fri, 02 Jan 2015 19:12:19 EST 6O8pUqqj No.13661 Reply
>>13638
this is the same argument as
give give everyone guns no more shootings
>>
Thomas Durrydidge - Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:55:11 EST cgGck+UX No.13776 Reply
>>13661
Statistically, armed populations have lower violent crime rates, assuming we're speaking for the regular Joe. Fact is, if people even think you might have a gun on you' they'll usually try to find a target who doesn't.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.