Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Zombie survival footware

- Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:21:28 EST FlXMxLWb No.13608
File: 1416759688775.jpg -(39842B / 38.91KB, 509x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Zombie survival footware
Running sneakers or work/combat boots.

Running shoes are nice because they're slight and come off quickly, which could mean the difference between life and death.

Boots will help you cross most terrains easier, they're tied to your feet, they generally grow up higher, so no getting bitten in the Achilles's tendon, oh, and they'll last a million years if they're the right brand.

I go with boots, but I'm biased since I wear them every day of my life to begin with.
>>
Cornelius Mettingdutch - Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:16:07 EST 42Q4ddgb No.13610 Reply
I had to walk 10 miles the other day in my work boots and it killed my feet, I much rather wear sneakers for the comfort if you injure your feet then you are screwed.
>>
Hedda Pomblechire - Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:37:31 EST VJQaaCFQ No.13611 Reply
>>13610

It's really a matter of your feet getting used to it. I have a pair of steel toed, water proof, thinsulate, timberlands as my everyday wear and have been wearing steel toed boots as main shoes ever since my late teens. I've had friends complain about foot pain from it but I haven't had a problem with them since maybe a month or two after I first started wearing them.

In terms of practicality for post apocalypse there much more durable in the long term, I've only had to replace mine once every couple years (exception being a pair of Brahmin brand boots from walmart that started falling apart after six months, never bought that brand again) and a good steel toe is a decent concealed weapon that no one is going to question or notice. You can easily break bone or cause severe painful bruising with a good kick.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:14:54 EST Lgurnqyq No.13613 Reply
1416892494948.gif -(1045904B / 1021.39KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13611
>a good steel toe is a decent concealed weapon that no one is going to question or notice. You can easily break bone or cause severe painful bruising with a good kick.
Slayer.
lovin my skytops for the ankle brace option. i dont skate much now but legit skate shoes are another option here. you can walk for days, they're rugged and are designed for all sorts of fancy foot work.

was on fo earlier thinking steel toes are severely lacking in my life. actually pricing some bike time biker boots or plating something custom.
adding those to my biker gear is h tier in battle.
Got a killer road warrior like futuretechtoday suit built. should post pics..

also got Tiger Claw kicks, made for kung fu (i think? some monk heavy matrial art.), but essentially double for ninja, parkour, rock climbing. idk if that sounds dumb but climbing has given me a crazy edge since hide n seek.

i aint seen no damn zeke climbin walls since wwz

**MOST IMPORTANT**
Clean.Dry.Socks^_^*
>>
Basil Trotcocke - Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:30:30 EST PteGSK2y No.13614 Reply
>>13613
the fuck? as someone who litterally walks 5-10 miles a day i will say you have no idea wtf you are talking about. skate shoes are flat soled heavy and not ment at all for walking long distances they may feel nice and cushy on your feet for a short distance but i doubt you've actually done serious distance in skate shoes. it aint fun.

after going from steel toes back to regular boots, ill never wear steel toes back to work. the only benefit they have is something falls on your foot it wont crush it but to be honest you shouldnt even be considering that an option if you are in a post apoc situation where getting hurt means you die. you should be doing as much risk management as possible. although a steel toe is a ok weapon id say a regular boot with a hardened sole will do about the same. i dont think the added weight is worth the chance that you use your heavy ass foor to kick someone in a fight. my opinion though, do as you want.

as far as what you should wear, assuming everything is comfortable as thats the most important to me. id go with combat boots, military style. followed by hiking boots and then work boots. although i do currently wear running shoes at ork as they are the most comofrtable to walk around as much as i do they provide no warmth and any time i step in water my socks get wet. also dirt gets through the mesh and causes my feet to get really filthy, im sure its not an issue, but if i start geting sores on my feet and cant keep em clean im fucked.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Tue, 25 Nov 2014 05:36:41 EST Lgurnqyq No.13615 Reply
1416911801321.jpg -(28586B / 27.92KB, 500x413) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13614
That's wierd, it is fun for me.. but so is kicking in fights. I think we're just on totally diff approach vectors when it comes to what post-apoc will be and how to navigate it.z
Steel Toe I was thinking more for kicking down doors, generally being around urban decay with falling debris. I only boot up if already know im going to be in a trample zone, around broken glass, fire, rust, moisture, esp snow. and specifically just to destroy stuff.

110% with you on keepin dry though.
My Bug-Out Bag has a pretty broad array of med supplies, always including Clotrimazole Topical in case i cant get my paws dry, cause i actually do in real life walk everywhere in DCs or Supras, forests, the desert, hills, and backpacking under up to just under a heavy load.

inb4 no twisted ankles or any hiking-injuries like that either. pic must apply.
>>
Whitey Blackfuck - Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:20:14 EST PteGSK2y No.13616 Reply
1417026014154.jpg -(29967B / 29.26KB, 432x432) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13615
we can be on different vectors, or i could just not believe you which is what i actually think. even if you do on occasion walk miles in a set of skate shoes, i doubt its every day or that youve experienced actually nice shoes after a long ass walk in shitty ass shoes. even if you arent lying ima go out on a limb and say that your experience is a-typical and that most people would rather wear a running shoe or a hiking boot for extended time. how ever like i said in my fist post, the most important thing is that they are comfy so you do you ill do me.

steel toes only protect the toe, its half a metal cup basically. it does not protect the sole at all. and if an object falls and rolls towads you instead of losing a toe or five, you lose your entire foot. you dont kick a door down with you toe or really do any sort of kicking with your toe besides ground and pound/curb stomping but even then a traditional curb stomp is with the heel. im all for boots but steel toes dont make sense really. if you really wanna go with a hardened toe, saving weight on like abs plastic is probably the best bet. one thing i havent mentioned is how cold my steel toes got walking home frm work in the winter.

my idea for post apoc is basically the middle east with more green, i am in ny after all.
>>
Jack Finderstock - Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:35:08 EST 2Smki7XX No.13619 Reply
BAREFOOT MASTERY

CALLUSES THE CONSISTENCY OF RHINOCEROS HIDE

LIKE TO SEE A ZOMBIE BITE THROUGH THAT AS I GENTLY GRIND MY HEEL INTO THEIR SKULL CAVITY.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Mon, 08 Dec 2014 14:56:05 EST Lgurnqyq No.13622 Reply
1418068565028.gif -(768314B / 750.31KB, 500x252) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13616
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=JXxGAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GukMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6119%2C2518523
Hiked backpacked climbed rafted sailed canoed your state for close to 20 years
and i know how to kick a door in
Don't be smartass, it's unbecoming for a survivalist.

>more importantly: Are you planning to walk 10 miles a day after The Fall?

link corroborates >>13619 minus the zombies.
can confirm. as can human evolution ffs.

Really though, /FO/ Zombies? guess that's at least funny, which is better than a lot of peripheral /fo/ lunacy ^_^*
>>
Agamemnon !ONRxe15axs - Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:00:27 EST GYsixF+r No.13636 Reply
boots. obvious choice having been in the military. if you're in it to survive, proper footwear is essential, and if you're worried about wait get those flimsy super-light nike boots or something. they fall apart pretty quickly though. best pair of boots ive worn in my life were rocky mountain s2vs. that, and i heard great things about the new balance ones. the new balance boots were a nice mid-way between quality, tread, medium weight, and all around usefulness. the s2vs were not only retardedly comfortable, despite being somewhat heay, but they didn't really fuck you up when running if you were in shape, they had excellent tread that tooks years to wear down, and the soles were actually sewn on so they didnt start peeling off after 6 or 7 months of heavy use. they were perfect for rucking, and again, as long as you were in shape, the weight wasn't an issue.

if swimming is an issue at this point, either you're hand has been forced and you didn't do enough planning to avoid the water, or you're too out of shape or have too much equipment with you to swim, because with minimal equipment you ought to be able to swim alright. besides, again, assuming you are smart, you can get buoyant equipment that would help out in that situation. iirc many rucks and other pieces of military equipment are made to be buoyant in situations like that, which comes in handy if you're a paratrooper doing a combat jump with your ruck and weapon and you happen to be unable to keep yourself landing in water.
>>
Reuben Fandlestut - Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:12:50 EST rwrdnDSY No.13643 Reply
>>13619
Like Modesty Blaise.
She spent her childhood as a refugee in the Middle East, and always had soles like teak. Once she had martial arts training, she could kick down an oak door or break a man's skull.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Thu, 25 Dec 2014 23:54:18 EST Lgurnqyq No.13650 Reply
>>13643
barefoot mastery was fun but i was in fairer climess when i did it.
i mean we walked city streets and everywhere else too with old skates shies wirh the soles cut out but just to be rwtarded.

i always bring kicks tied to the outside of my pack but mostly im urban so i like soft soled sneakers for climbing and fighting.

boots are armor like my powersuitm theyre off when the works done if i have to wear em at all.
>>
Beatrice Charringtere - Sun, 28 Dec 2014 08:51:01 EST Kb4GtEmk No.13657 Reply
>>13650
Cursive, can I just say that you are neat as hell.
>>
Isabella Fablingcocke - Fri, 02 Jan 2015 19:14:05 EST 6O8pUqqj No.13662 Reply
everyone's always talking about combat boots but JUMP boots are superior, lighter weight, more comfy, just as durable/protective.
>>
Hedda Chezzlehall - Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:58:57 EST qZOvsh6U No.13663 Reply
1420261137844.jpg -(75909B / 74.13KB, 500x333) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.