Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

What if...it isnt a zombie apocalypse

- Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:16:51 EST nwzDWWoW No.13693
File: 1421612211988.gif -(62025B / 60.57KB, 640x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What if...it isnt a zombie apocalypse
some hacker hacks into NORD shuts down all missile defenses and has the world's nuclear weapons and starts bombing the hell out of every infra city nuclear power plants bases factories and nation capitals we would no longer have an organized military, powerful govn't, everyone would have cancer, our power grids would fail
and holy shit...according to the UN(THIS IS POSSIBLE)
>>
John Nubblewell - Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:30:56 EST 0KvB/6wO No.13694 Reply
>(THIS IS POSSIBLE)
Its not. There are physical obstacles which would need to be overcome to fire the missiles, even if you overcame the virtual ones.
>>
Edwin Badgehet - Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:53:37 EST YQbpBzlB No.13695 Reply
>>13694

This. Many of the missiles require you to enter an analogue password and physically turn two keys held by separate people. It cannot happen.
>>
cursive !M6R0eWkIpk - Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:10:34 EST 8RYncBiW No.13706 Reply
1421770234177.png -(188526B / 184.11KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13698
So I wouldn't bank on what Im saying at the moment but, checking through everything I remember hearing/reading/seeing abotu NORAD, im close to sure that even still there's no fuckin way an inside job would do it as such.

like a clandestine hacker inside job against the guv, that's what you mean?

Cause I think that job would have to involve, The President, A few generals, the two Airforce(?) personnel manning each missle silo, the daily generated random launch code that is available to none of the above that must be petitioned by most of the above to even be made available (the launch codes that is) being sent to the personnel in each silo, and maybe like nasa or some other norad/airforce people to enter the strike coordinates or at least choose the missle out of the us nuclear arsenal which is permanently aimed at the location the conspiracy wanted to hit, and on top of all of that, all of those people have to nut up and give the greenlight for the apocalypse which people seem to be a little queasy about doing.

Some of what I said is probably right and even some of it being right means that, no, OP. Not gonna happen : /

Now inside job meaning like, Economic Hits on nations are a Kabaleque inside job between like... idk lets say Dick Cheney and Halliburton Cronies or whatever being friends with the leader of the targeted country and doing it through false-flag or those same people laying the foundation for Nuclear ar to occur via facade style legislation, like your uh Patriot Act there did for domestic espionage, Now that's more on the right track.

Tl;dr or overwhelmed with how much your OP differs from reality:
the short answer is No
Long answer is Yes but you're still kinda off base.

>feel free to rip this whole post apart cause citing this kind of thing would take many many threads in a web. Like idk watch some documentaries on the cold war and watch war games cause it's awesome :)
>>
David Hollerlit - Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:45:55 EST i6g4yRlY No.13718 Reply
1422161155967.gif -(859047B / 838.91KB, 500x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>13696

>The Dead Hand was a computer system that could autonomously launch all of the USSR's nuclear weapons once it was activated, across the entirety of the Soviet Union.

Oh God.

>After Dead Hand was activated by Soviet military officials, "the first thing it does is check the communication lines to work out if there's anyone alive and in charge of the Soviet military," Alok Jha, author of "The Doomsday Handbook," told National Geographic. "If they're not alive, it takes over."

>If Dead Hand did not detect signs of a preserved military hierarchy, the system would perform a check for signals of a nuclear attack, such as a change in air pressure, extreme light, and radioactivity.

>If the system concluded that a nuclear strike had taken place, Dead Hand would proceed to launch all of the remaining nuclear weapons from all of the silos throughout the Soviet Union at targets across the Northern Hemisphere.

>Of course, no system is fool-proof, and there are concerns that Dead Hand could still operate at some level within the modern Russian military and accidentally trigger the launch of Russia's active nukes.

Russia what the FUCK

That is by far the most dangerous thing in the world right now. All someone has to do is trick Dead Hand's fallout sensors, hack the checksystem which authorizes activation by delivering false positives on the check for complete elimination of the Soviet command (realistically how hard can that be, do they just have to enter a password every day or something? Do they have heartbeat monitors implated in their chest when they get the job?) and yeah, once those 2 things are done the ENTIRE SOVIET ARSENAL is launched. Holy fuck.

Never mind that this could totally be triggered accidentally if a meteor with a high concentration of radioactive material struck the Siberian region and caused an EMP which fucks up Dead Hand's checksystem, making it arm itself and blow up the rest of the planet.

Russia why are you so reckless?
>>
Ernest Brookbanks - Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:58:41 EST YQbpBzlB No.13728 Reply
>>13718
>Russia why are you so reckless?

Living in an area where winter routinely fucks you in the ass, people drink more vodka than water and the suicide rate outpaces the birth rate. I'm pretty sure that does wonders to foster a "I just don't give a fuck anymore" attitude in most people. Russia has always been an exceptionally harsh, fucked up and cruel place so is it any wonder that people in charge over there tend to be out of their fucking minds?
>>
Emma Cengergold - Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:34:34 EST swR+JxTH No.13729 Reply
>>13718
I have always wondered if the scientists / engineers / programmers who worked on nuclear launch systems secretly made sure they would NEVER launch, under any conditions... it could all be a big bluffing game... that way the military industrial complex gets to spend their money and the missiles will never go off accidentally, win win
>>
Archie Facklepadge - Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:10:35 EST i6g4yRlY No.13730 Reply
>>13729

It's a nice thought but the reality is most fighter jets are outfitted to carry and drop nukes, most submarines are fully primed and ready to go (and testing using real nukes has happened), most launchers, especially in Russia are MAV mounted, even if these mass-systems were nothing but bluffs, the reality is there's dozens of options for weapon systems capable of delivering a nuke to a target.
>>
Cedric Tillingfield - Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:59:47 EST 3Swv8ija No.13735 Reply
>>13730
Yes but it does mean someone has to decide to do so.

Also this is very Doctor Strangelove isn't it? I know this board is /fo/ but that film should be required watching too.
>>
Beatrice Blytheshit - Tue, 11 Oct 2016 03:49:30 EST 2drjTC8V No.14440 Reply
>>13694
I think it's very possible.

Look at what stuxnet did.
And what it could have done.

(Ik it's malware not 'a hacker' - With malware powerful enough on a USB anything can be taken control of, even airgapped machines - because idiots (humans) will plug them in)

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.