Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 10)
Most preppers are idiots Ignore Report Reply
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 19 Aug 2015 06:02:25 EST ID:EoOnX9r6 No.14056
File: 1439978545475.jpg -(324552B / 316.95KB, 728x624) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 324552
The fall of civilization is a total unknown factor. Outside of survival skills you cant guess how society could fail, because it could happen in an infinite number of ways. You cant ready your self for all of them.

Short of building a massive bunker and doing aurc oval training there is nothing you can do. Stop worrying and live your life.

Discuss please.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 19 Aug 2015 06:03:42 EST ID:EoOnX9r6 No.14057 Ignore Report Reply
ker and doing survival training*

Phone autocorrect
>>
Whitey Mommerputch - Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:20:00 EST ID:Wlc7KjQz No.14059 Ignore Report Reply
>>14056

I agree. But it's fun to play pretend.
A lot of people that are powerless would be given total autonomy in an end-of-the-world scenario. I think that's most of the fantasy and attraction involved with it.

Getting away from this system and living wild and free. and blowing off anyones head who so much as makes a wrong move
>>
Simmajeen Anderballs - Thu, 20 Aug 2015 02:31:53 EST ID:+sp1plIE No.14061 Ignore Report Reply
>dat pic
Some faggot walks around my neighborhood dressed kinda like that, minus the respirator and novelty shop weapons. Looks like some Fallout cosplay reject and constantly smells like gin even though he looks 15. Pretty sure he's at least half a potato, 'cause when he isn't pretending to be a fucking wasteland scavenger (I see him carrying junk around all the time and even picking through dumpsters) or some shit he's walking around in circles on the yard across from my house bouncing a basketball.

On a positive note, though, he gets his ass whupped a lot for being a freak.
>>
Eugene Pablingchadge - Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:28:28 EST ID:f8Gi+jhN No.14062 Ignore Report Reply
>>14056
Things you can do:
Stockpile valuables and goods
Leave the country or make leaving the country immediately viable
Remain informed and aware of everything
Non-survival skills including thing like mechanics, electronics, languages, and social skills
Basic awareness that our first world country is impermanent and building life decisions around theat idea. That a super virus or a weather phenomenon or an outside attack or a civil war or an economic depression or a serious lack of resources or any sort of dynamic upheaval will undoubtedly eventually occur
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:51:32 EST ID:EoOnX9r6 No.14063 Ignore Report Reply
Let me clarify, not all preppers are idiots. Just most, as they tend to think one thing is gonna happen then prepare just for that eventuality. Often its a thing that isn't very likely to happen.
>>
John Pittwill - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 00:06:55 EST ID:K48qdaYw No.14066 Ignore Report Reply
I agree, anyone who actually self-identifies as a "prepper" is probably pretty dumb. Especially the ones on those "prepper" television shows, where they are invariably preparing for some very specific, very unlikely disaster scenario, like a massive solar flare that knocks out all electrical equipment or something.

I just have a few firearms and some ammo, my training, and some general camping/survival gear. I'm not expecting anything awful to happen, and all of my stuff is good to have for recreational activities. If it ends u[ helping me out one day, then that's just a bonus.
>>
Clara Pittwell - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:03:35 EST ID:sJUG2Xoi No.14067 Ignore Report Reply
How come none of these people ever pack a shovel?
>>
Jarvis Punnerhadge - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:53:43 EST ID:q5rvbDUm No.14068 Ignore Report Reply
1440158023451.jpg -(126240B / 123.28KB, 500x716) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14056

Not surprised that a tripfag named "James Motherfucking Randi" who spends his time trolling /spoopy/ makes a thread like this.

>>14063

We have threads about this yet instead of finding them and posting there you decided to make this thread.

Go rationalize your way to the grave, we don't have time for you.
>>
Ian Dondlefare - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:23:22 EST ID:YTXldIna No.14070 Ignore Report Reply
1440185002160.jpg -(820867B / 801.63KB, 2592x1944) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Bill Burr has a pretty good joke about preppers. All your doing is gatjhering supplies for the toughest guy.

Most of these prepper guys are potbellied rednecks with guns, but somehow post-apocalypse they're going to be duke nukem style bad asses?
Yeah right.
>>
John Pittwill - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:28:27 EST ID:K48qdaYw No.14072 Ignore Report Reply
>>14070

Yeah, rule 1 of survival is that you must be in peak physical condition. You don't have to look like Mr. Universe, but if you can't sprint across the street without getting winded and hobbling the last 10 yards to cover, you're not gonna be a very effective [email protected]
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Fri, 21 Aug 2015 23:19:34 EST ID:EoOnX9r6 No.14073 Ignore Report Reply
>>14068
What's got you upset friend?

I'm way into post apocalyptic fiction. I'm legit not trolling. I just think that the fall of society is to abstract of a thing to predict. And I did clarify that not all preppers are idiots. Just a majorty are.
Their all saying things like "A MAGNETIC POLE REVERSAL IS COMING"! or similar silliness with out understand what their talking about.

One guy who I've seen who has his shit together is that one guy who is essentailly making his own seed vault. He's got the right idea.

So get mad and think I'm some sort of troll if you'd like.

you can only post on boards if you already agree with the topics being discussed because this is secretly circlejerk
>>
Barnaby Bublingbanks - Sat, 22 Aug 2015 05:43:21 EST ID:q5rvbDUm No.14074 Ignore Report Reply
1440236601301.png -(243984B / 238.27KB, 1265x705) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14073

Ok, fine, I see where you're coming from. The prepper community is not new though, it's just risen in popularity for a number of reasons.

The first of those is government instability. This is a big one. A lot of "prepping" is actually focused on resisting a govt crackdown. I'm sure you've noticed that. Initially it was a good buffer until govts started becoming more and more intrusive, seeking to isolate and monitor individuals via sophisticated social spying, drones and watchlists (primarily due to just how many people are into prepping! Homeland Security calls it domestic terrorist activity, the irony here is that prepping for govt tyranny and collapse makes your govt tyrannical).

The second is the ever-present threat of natural disasters which, even in modern times can sometimes leave an area helpless for months. This is the most practical side of prepping, which governments are also seeking to undercut (ex. US government's failed organization FEMA), governments want no one to have any excuse to prep these days, because prepping leads to independence, which leads to things like not needing to work a job for wages and failing to see the need to vote in sham elections or pay taxes.

Prepping is only about wholescale social collapse and end of the world scenarios to the amateur prepper. To the professional or long-term hobbyist or homesteader it's essentially a lifestyle.

An experienced prepper eventually learns that large-scale social collapse is not easy to prepare for, the more one learns the more one realizes total disasters are not the reason for prepping as they can hardly be prepared for.

It is in fact my political opinion that the sole purpose of government power, the kind funded with tax money, is preparation for those kinds of disasters, not the meddling petty social control engaged in daily. Government does prepare for these things, but in secret and with plans only to care for their own. They are essentially an enemy of the people they claim to protect, so people must protect themselves.

Never mind the fact that the most likely apocalypse, triggered by weapons of mass destruction, would hold governments responsible.

Prepping is natural.

Wrote a very long post but I think my points can be summarized with this;

1. The same government forces who label preppers domestic terrorists are the most likely factor to trigger an apocalypse via weapons of mass destruction.

2. The loading screen summary for the Broken Straight Sword in Dark Souls 2;

"Straight sword with its blade broken near in half.

Nearly useless in battle, but "nearly useless" trumps "empty-handed". "

3. "Amateurs practice until they get it right, professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong."
>>
Barnaby Bublingbanks - Sat, 22 Aug 2015 05:54:33 EST ID:q5rvbDUm No.14075 Ignore Report Reply
1440237273301.gif -(94693B / 92.47KB, 200x135) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>14072

While physical condition is vital, that is not in fact rule number one.

Rule number one of survival is, live another day. Sometimes physical condition has nothing to do with living until the sun comes up again. Sometimes it's as simple as having the right supplies to wash radioactive waste off your body, sometimes simple as having a better weapon than someone who wants to kill you, but having it right there and knowing how to use it. Sometimes it's attention to detail, noticing a badly worn out half buried "DANGER; MINEFIELD" sign before walking on. Sometimes it's knowing when not to fight a stronger opponent, lest they see you as a threat and either they or their backup eliminate you. The body won't save you. It will help, but it's not the most important thing.
>>
Alice Gucklework - Sat, 22 Aug 2015 23:38:49 EST ID:qctmq07M No.14078 Ignore Report Reply
You are dumb. I'm no prepper and I agree their theories are dumb. However, different scenarios don't call upon different methods of preparation.

Regardless of what disaster cometh, you will ALWAYS need: food, water, shelter, protection, and an escape plan. By ensuring a supply of these, you're ready for just about anything.
>>
Nigel Braddleforth - Sun, 23 Aug 2015 04:39:49 EST ID:q5rvbDUm No.14079 Ignore Report Reply
>>14078

I am trying to think of a scenario where these wouldn't be a problem and you'd need something else and all i can think of is an anomalous gamma ray burst combined with blackhole spacefuckery turns Earth into a funhouse of horror where giant edible plants that taste like fried chicken and healthy smoothies sprout up everywhere and your only problem is not being able to eat another bite.
>>
Lydia Blythefuck - Sun, 23 Aug 2015 09:11:15 EST ID:1c+LBT1M No.14080 Ignore Report Reply
>>14079
In a situation where an incredible portion of the world's population is destroyed but resources somehow remain, resources will become abundant
>>
Nigel Braddleforth - Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:17:55 EST ID:q5rvbDUm No.14081 Ignore Report Reply
>>14080

Well a virus could wipe out humans only and leave everything else. It's definitely a concern.
>>
Hamilton Bripperbutch - Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:05:05 EST ID:3V2NVGgw No.14087 Ignore Report Reply
>>14080

As has been recorded historically. Look what happened to europe after the black death.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.