420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Beurocratic dystopia or post-apocalyptic wasteland? by Sidney Blatherbanks - Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:48:38 EST ID:U08FLdq/ No.14469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1481730518955.jpg -(72243B / 70.55KB, 635x342) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 72243
I know that everybody preps for scenario 2 because, let's face it, guns and ammo and abandoned building are way more fun than surveillance and wage-slavery

But really it feels like scenario 1 is what "post-apocalyptic" looks more like in today's context. how the fuck do you prepare for *that*?
>>
Oliver Shakeforth - Fri, 16 Dec 2016 00:56:53 EST ID:PAUjS2ga No.14470 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Take back the knowledge. Take back the power. Fight Babylon.
>>
Edwin Bardfuck - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 18:40:46 EST ID:3ZI22UtR No.14485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1483746046653.jpg -(13705B / 13.38KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
get educated. stay in shape. dont do drugs so you can save the money. bang on the system as you work your way up the ladder. manage not to become jaded and bitter in the process. kill mustafa mond.
>>
Ebenezer Bavinglut - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:39:15 EST ID:Itnv6KTL No.14487 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Scenario 1.
I try to cultivate a few criminal skills
I try to stay off the grid as much as is practical.
I enable activists and reformists by passing on information and manuals with the means to enact action
I try to disseminate security culture
Try to maintain activist and/or criminal contacts who could provide transport, fake ID, or sundries made controlled by a cultural shift or government crackdown
Keep abreast of legal rights, support political action that tries to maintain such.
Try to set aside funds for emergencies, for provision, bail, kickbacks, etc, in a way that cannot be frozen by banks. Hopefully in a form that cannot be deprecated.

Scenario 2.
Try to keep enough bulk food in the larder to last an emergency
Stay cognisant of emergency response and follow current emergencies
try to cultivate survival skills and acquire suitable tools
Try to educate loved ones in correct emergency response
Network with neighbours, friends and family in case of protracted emergency or need to resettle.
Work to organise Bug Out Bag, Bug In Bag, I'm Never Coming Home bag, Bug Out Vehicle, Every Day Carry, etc.

A problem is diabetes medication. I can only get it on prescription, and I can only get one box at a time. So if SHTF, either politically or generally, I'll be dependant on black market drugs if I have to go underground or if the medical system is disrupted.

Also in this country weapons are illegal. Any kind of weapon. So I'm stuck with camping gear or tools that can serve as improvised weapons, and God help me if anyone has a firearm and decides to fuck with me, which would be criminals and police, the two groups I'm most worried about, and thanks to our laws, the only armed groups.
I'm good with blades and impact weapons, but I'm thinking of taking up archery. It's better than nothing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.