Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Food riots and famine

- Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:51:59 EST QiMaW5/L No.14761
File: 1535028719264.jpg -(2513065B / 2.40MB, 3072x2304) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Food riots and famine
Imagine if you will that due to some governmental fuckups, your country is facing potential food riots and maybe even famine some time after March 2019.
You don't want to buy in bulk or obvious emergency ration products as that would draw attention- living in an urban area there are often many stranger's eyes on you.

What do you start stocking up on today?
>>
Polly Bunfuck - Thu, 23 Aug 2018 09:02:49 EST QiMaW5/L No.14762 Reply
My current shopping list looks like this:
  • +Canned meat/fish
  • +Canned veg
  • +Water
  • Toilet paper
  • Camping stove
  • Gas for above
  • Cat Litter
  • Poop bucket
  • Camping knife
  • Variety of sandpapers
  • Medical supplies (esp alcohol for hand-washing).
  • Useful books
  • Privacy screens for bottom 2/3 of windows
  • Reinforced door

• items are priority
>>
Hannah Deddlestitch - Sat, 02 Mar 2019 15:16:57 EST XpUZoPZw No.14789 Reply
I'm not gonna stock that much food up because no matter how much you stock, once it's gone, it's gone. I'm going to set up an aquaponics garden and use my family's poop to fertilize duckweed for the fish to eat and feed food scraps to black soldier fly larvae which I would also feed to the fish. You just need enough solar power to drive the pumps and you should be able to sustain yourself indefinitely. You might need a little outside food here and there to input fresh nutrients into the system but otherwise you should be good to go. Soiless mediums give way more harvests per year and can increase planting density so you can grow more with less space and aquaponic systems recirculate the water so they can be sustained off of nothing but rain water because they use so much less water than any other type of farming. Hopefully if I get started experimenting now, by the time SHTF I should be able to scale it up to where it could supply my entire family with food.
>>
hwiriri - Tue, 19 Mar 2019 05:06:17 EST 1XiTaY27 No.14793 Reply
>>14761
Funny enough, in 2018 there was a similar situation in the country where I live. There was a huge strike and food transport wasn't working. My family stocked a lot of water, rice, beans and instant noodles
>>
George Grandspear - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 02:38:51 EST Gt88cdkf No.14794 Reply
>>14793
That shit happens every summer in Florida when there are hurricanes. Everyone stockpiles beer, all the beer, so they can be prepared.
>>
Shit Cregglestodge - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:40:29 EST 8ew0FzvR No.14879 Reply
Great, until you get shot for "hoarding".

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.