Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
German government is/was confusing Report Reply
David Sodgelere - Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:16:18 EST ID:HudvzGAi No.56228
File: 1445908578965.jpg -(61141B / 59.71KB, 800x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 61141
What are the differences between Kaiser, President, Chancellor, and Fuehrer?
>>
Rebecca Facklewill - Mon, 26 Oct 2015 23:54:35 EST ID:aZJF8f7V No.56230 Ignore Report Reply
Kaiser was basically the King. He was determined by bloodline and was the Commander-in-Chief and Head of State etc.

Fuhrer was basically a full on despot that was semi-legitimised by law.

Chancellor is basically their elected parliamentary leader, ie. President in the USA and Prime Minister in Commonwealth states. Where as the President's role is more about protecting against a bad Chancellor/Parliament. He has powers of veto but in modern times its generally expected that if he wishes to veto something he must have a very good reason and basically just passes it onto a sub-committee to determine if said bill is unconstitutional and if it is they'll veto it.

But I'm pretty sure during the time of the Weimar Republic the President had much stronger powers of veto and could even dissolve parliament. He was also the head of the military and could act without the authority of the rest of the Reichstag.
>>
David Sodgelere - Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:06:22 EST ID:HudvzGAi No.56231 Report Reply
>>56230
So did the enabling act allow Hitler to dissolve the President, or was there also a president up until 1933 when Hitler declared himself Fuhrer? It's so crazy how all of this happened within the last 100 years. Also I don't get how war = money, aside from stealing gold and other things from jewish people, and poland
>>
Hedda Gockleten - Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:46:26 EST ID:46Ivwr3B No.56232 Ignore Report Reply
>>56231

The then reigning president had essentially established that precedent when he assumed control of a military dictatorship in WWI, and overruled the Kaiser. Thanks to some early battlefield successes, he was elected president of Weimar. He was also suffering from senility.
>>
David Sodgelere - Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:12:32 EST ID:HudvzGAi No.56234 Report Reply
>>56232
Yeah I heard Hindenburg was kind of forced to do it, plus he was senile.
>>
Augustus Murdhood - Mon, 02 Nov 2015 08:10:35 EST ID:QhbJyx2S No.56243 Ignore Report Reply
People in this thread have no idea.

The Kaiser was the German emperor, there were other kings below him (Bavaria and Saxony) and he himself was king of Prussia. The president of the republic was more of a figurehead and the chancellor actually did like 90% of all political work. The president just had to sign off laws and reforms and had to declare the winner of elections the new chancellor (well unless 1932). Führer was just a title the nazis came up with during the 20s. When Hindenburg died in 1934 the dictatorship was already strong enough to say "Hey, now the chancellor should just take over the president's powers, too and we call him Führer".

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.