Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Brass and/or Copper Effigy Ignore Report Reply
Martha Brazzletine - Mon, 26 Oct 2015 23:48:13 EST ID:HG5zdpC2 No.56229
File: 1445917693663.jpg -(7196B / 7.03KB, 192x159) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 7196
Hello /HIS/, It's been a very long time since I last posted on here, so please forgive me if I mess anything up...
I recently purchased two small, brass (or copper), horse-like figurines from a small estate sale. I myself have a degree in anthropology/archeology and feel as though these pieces may have historical and/or cultural significance, but do not know where to start in regards to research. Both of these figurines seem very old based upon their patina, and each features a square hole on their underside.
My question to you is this: Has anyone ever seen anything like these? Are they some type of effigy or ceremonial item? Can anyone identify the type of animal these items portray? Any help would be greatly appreciated even if they do turn out to be simply junk.
>>
Augustus Nicklestone - Tue, 27 Oct 2015 14:20:37 EST ID:/F/VROSe No.56233 Ignore Report Reply
Cool thumbnail. 19th or 20th Century tat would be my first guess. The older they are, the less likely those fine holes are to have survived intact. It looks like lost-wax casting and the holes at the bottom may suggest production in volume. You'd want to talk to someone who knows about casting about that though.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.