Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

War on Drugs just a Nixon scam to fuck up Hippies and Black people

- Wed, 23 Mar 2016 07:10:40 EST FqRGTRMQ No.56603
File: 1458731440167.gif -(143648B / 140.28KB, 200x144) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. War on Drugs just a Nixon scam to fuck up Hippies and Black people
Found an interesting piece that talks a bit on how the War on Drugs came about.

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

>At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
>>
Fuck Wigglegold - Fri, 22 Apr 2016 15:34:33 EST an8Px9f4 No.56657 Reply
www.gnosticmedia.com/manufacturing-the-deadhead-a-product-of-social-engineering-by-joe-atwill-and-jan-irvin

Hippie culture and LSD were a CIA scam to fuck up left-leaning young people.
>>
Walter Greencocke - Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:18:00 EST FqRGTRMQ No.56661 Reply
>>56657
Fuck you, you fucking retarded /tinfoil/ freak contaminating my thread.
>>
Sophie Pecklewell - Wed, 27 Apr 2016 04:09:23 EST IjoVoZis No.56671 Reply
1461744563976.gif -(86823B / 84.79KB, 500x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56663
I dunno man, that page you linked makes a lot of assumptions about people's ability to handle psychedelic experiences. I've talked with plenty of upper-middle class property owners (you know, the people strangling the rest of the country) who took LSD and just laughed it off. The sorts who became dedheads were the kind of people sensitive to the power to control that a mainstream society has on it's members, and basically said "Fuck that shit I give up, let's forget reality!"

Also, it's a whole lot easier IMO to control a population of football-watching, house-buying, share-dealing alcoholics than to split that population into a series of convoluted, anti-social and open minded hippy dippy types, punks, nerds, and whatever.

Get this: I also have a fair number of friends who work in the tech industry and most have experimented with LSD. They say it makes them better at their work. And if you've been paying any attention to our economy, we're all headed towards a world where the individual human is less useful than an automated process that performs his same tasks.

OP's piece at least makes a little sense, especially in the context of coming marijuana legalization and the rightward drift of American politics. We need something new to label as evil, so you'll find immigrants, perverts, and creative types getting hammered on. It's not like these things are necessarily great but whenever you see a news article labeling some subgroup of people as objectively negative just for existing, you might question what you're reading.

Drugs like marijuana, methamphetamine, and ecstasy and pretty great at getting people to not think about things like elections or personal rights or whatever, and every single person stuck in the abuse loop is yet another person failing to question why their life sucks. And yeah, individual willpower is a thing, but most people these days cannot just 'work harder' to get a better life. It's never been like that IMO, but for a time it was easy enough to reach stability by buying in to some random company or trade. Talk to the guys who work in auto repair, retail, or pretty much any of those low-tier workplaces and you'll find that they have no way to make a satisfying narrative for themselves. I'm not saying everyone deserves a nice car, in fact no one deserves that wasteful shit, but people really do need to feel like they have a purpose and this is absolutely being manipulated by the powers that be.

wow, sophie, stop rambling
>>
Frederick Pegglechere - Wed, 18 May 2016 13:51:43 EST FqRGTRMQ No.56691 Reply
>>56671
Interesting to note that before DMT became the chosen new messiah drug of the internet neo-hippies, DMT was known as yuppie crack.

Wallstreet had an absurd amount of people using DMT, and while a few of those richass hypercapitalists ended up changing their lives, the majority of DMT users in Wallstreet just kept on trucking like they always had.
>>
Phineas Sungerbid - Sat, 21 May 2016 17:19:43 EST 0xEmH7bW No.56694 Reply
>>56603
Dan Baum's books is absolutely incredible. Highly recommended reading. Smoke and Mirrors: The War on Drugs and the Politics of Failure.
>>
Thomas Shittingson - Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:50:53 EST FqRGTRMQ No.56722 Reply
>>56721
Random drugs documentaries on NatGeo.

Don't ask which, I watched that shit as high as a kite.
>>
Edwin Chommlefat - Sun, 12 Jun 2016 08:00:37 EST slEOrfVs No.56725 Reply
>>56691
>>56721
So i googled "DMT was known as yuppie crack" and came up with this cool New York Magazine article from 1995 talking about drug use in white America. (It uses the phrase "the businessman's psychedelic"). Although it's pretty anecdotal, so I don't know about an "absurd amount."
https://books.google.com/books?id=kuMCAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=PA40#v=onepage&q&f=false

This article is so quaint in other ways. It talks about Rohypnol as a "hot new party drug" and quotes the high times editor as saying people will get really into coca tea because "it's just a plant."

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.