Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Who was the most powerful person in history?

- Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:52:14 EST l9faZouv No.57684
File: 1562799134588.jpg -(8753B / 8.55KB, 193x261) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Who was the most powerful person in history?
It's a difficult question, subjective but not entirely.

What I mean by "powerful" is also not the same as influential. When I mean "Power" I mean power over people to do the things you want with the means to do them. The measure of this power would be the scale and scope of the things done.

For instance: Although Jesus Christ created one of the most influential religions of all time, I'd argue the man had very little power, probably less a few hundred people during his life. I'd also argue that after his death, his direct will and teachings were vastly skewed and ignored by almost every Christian.

What I do mean is someone like Joseph Stalin who had power over 1/6th of the earth's landmass and close to 190 million people directly at the time of his death.

Indirectly, 78 million people in the Eastern Bloc (not including Yugoslavia) were dominated by his policies.

In China and North Korea, Stalin had influence in policy but ultimately they were independent states by virtue of their leaders. However, his interest in these countries was creating allies over puppets.

His influence on Mao however was considerable, Mao himself saying nearly 70% of his policies were directly influenced by Stalinism.

The numbers aren't the most impressive in history, his power over them was. Essentially placing himself as a living God. He directly signed the death warrant for 40,000 people and his "Great purge" is responsible for around 1.2 million people.

His regime killed around 8 million Soviets altogether, directly through killings and gulag labor deaths or indirectly (disputed) through famine. But when he told them to stop, they stopped and when he told agriculture to grow, it grew.

During the famous famine, around 60 million tons of grain were produced. (CIA Estimate)

By the time Stalin died 92 million tons of grain were Harvested in the Soviet Union,
As well as massive new yields of potatoes, livestock and other food. (CIA estimate)

This is to say that, probably despite the failings of his policies if he wanted to he could control how many people starved, vs how many people got fat and he exercised this control, it's even estimated that his collectivization directly lead to the devaluation of grain that lead to the great depression. (disputed obviously)

His policies also made one of the greatest leaps in Industrialization ever seen, transforming a mostly rural nation of many nationalities and traditions into an industrial powerhouse that rivaled the United States.

Essentially, with the stroke of a pen.

Before the surrender of Germany he was in control (But yielded command) of nearly 13 million soldiers the second largest army in history after the United States in 1945 at 16 million.

In 1949 he came into control of the Atomic bomb, making his power even more terrifying and with the tensions of the cold war .

When he told them to build Cleveland in the USSR they built Magnetovosk. When he told them to build 141 miles of canal to connect the white sea to the Baltic, they did it.

But the biggest thing is he can claim credit for all of these things, because he was in total control. Even if they were someone else's ideas, even if he rewrote history it was his total power that made it.

And, unlike presidents he couldn't be voted out, and due to his paranoia he wouldn't be assassinated.

Mao Zedong is a contender, holding massive power in his time, more people and more time than Stalin, but I'd argue he lost power and never had the global influence.

Xi Jinping is certainly on the track to being the most powerful person ever, could easily overtake Stalin without question.

FDR held considerable power for sure, but never the Godlike power of Stalin.

Hitler is an interesting example of a power that transformed an entire culture, massively changed the world and was able to hold off nearly every major world power. Ultimately, his power was shorter lived with less people but still grand.
>>
Sophie Bardwater - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:38:11 EST PqIVyg6p No.57687 Reply
julius caesar

kiss my ass

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.