Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

DUI/rock bottom

- Fri, 24 Aug 2018 19:15:36 EST LSn9JcR6 No.279604
File: 1535152536194.jpg -(180774B / 176.54KB, 1024x681) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. DUI/rock bottom
I'm 22 years old with 2 DUIs. I feel like the biggest loser in the world, and feel like I have nothing to live for since cars were my only hobby. Honestly considered suicide after getting the 2nd one. License gone for 3 years and will never be able to afford more than liability insurance. When I'm drunk, getting in the car just doesn't seem like a big deal. Just like texting my ex or fighting with my parents doesn't feel like a big deal. If this isn't rock bottom then I don't want to see what kind of hell continuing to drink will lead me to. A future of homelessness and unemployment doesn't seem too unrealistic anymore. My drinking destroyed my life before it ever really even began.

Does anybody have me beat in this department? Tell me about your rock bottom, even if it doesn't involve DUI. I feel like after 3-4 DUIs your life is basically finished. I have no more second chances but I can't put down the bottle. When I was in rehab, I told a meth addict that I would trade his addiction for my driving record.
>>
Molly Neddlepig - Fri, 24 Aug 2018 19:19:15 EST LSn9JcR6 No.279605 Reply
>>279604
Also, what do you guys think about DUI laws? I get that its degenerate and a bad thing but MADD propaganda has it to the point where people treat DUI offenders on the same level as murderers and child molesters. Absolute contempt and disdain. But if you kill somebody driving without alcohol in your system, even if you were doing some really stupid shit, its not even a crime. Do it with a few beers in you and you're going away for a decade. Seems crazy and overblown to me
>>
Jack Billingwill - Fri, 24 Aug 2018 23:01:22 EST 2uYff6aG No.279608 Reply
1535166082906.jpg -(189783B / 185.33KB, 718x464) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>279605
The thing is, drinking and driving risks other people's lives. That's why people take it so seriously. I don't disagree with taking it that seriously either, but as with most problems, being judgemental isn't helping.
I agree that people should chill out on viewing drunk drivers as actual demons, everyone makes mistakes.
As far as rock bottom goes, you've got a ways to go. But, you can't get another dui (well you can, but please don't) so try and take this as a particularly harsh lesson.
My rule of thumb is the second liquor touches my lips I ain't driving, period. It's too easy to lose your sense of judgment
>>
Jack Clissleway - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 04:30:19 EST 3OlYjIah No.279611 Reply
>>279604
3 years pretty much passes by like nothing, in reality. Got two duis in a week or so.
One was tossed because I had the other one. Sheeze. Yea, had an associate hit many cars in one block. Rough part of town. He got soo many duis wrecked soo many cars. Just deal with the shit. I know the deinking and driving is like, seems like nothing, but in retrospect, Our whole crew everybody should have not drove at one time or many times. Just is easy to say but, just work around this. alter your plans to make things work with this, not against this.

Bottom? Having unlimited money for years to drink to combat PTSD, wasted years. Yea three years, it's like a relationship, think of all the effort you put into it, and like decades passed, but in reality, it's just another space in you life.

Do not start drinking and feeling all bad about this. Just make things work.

DUI laws. If it's sincere I am all for it. If it's not political where a politician , cop, drinks and drives yet is against it. I have sen drunk cops enough. On duty.

Reality is, after a time, even way back, most every drinking episode was
not really worth it. If something went wrong, alcohol surely could have been related in some form or another. I don't mind drinking a 40 or whatever and doing things but feeling like shit all the time after drinking, takes a few days to actually recover, then a week to actually get things straight. Going to work after a weekend nights drinking, just makes productivity go way down. Less than happy.
>>
Jarvis Piddleshit - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 05:24:18 EST SBKky1jH No.279617 Reply
>>279605
vehicular manslaughter is def a crime with or without alcohol being involved, don't delude yourself into thinking the world is out to get drunk drivers(you)
>>
Walter Grimshaw - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:54:27 EST DhpkwGF1 No.279623 Reply
1535219667534.jpg -(58941B / 57.56KB, 750x734) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
"Rock Bottom" is a propaganda term invented by the AA cult. Yeah, drinking is shitty. Alcohol dependence/abuse is real and shitty. But try not to use the cult's terms. It's harmful to society.
>>
David Breffingdale - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:18:43 EST GHFLwdVq No.279626 Reply
>>279605
DUI drivers are murderers. And they are similar to some child molesters by a stretch.

Many child molesters do what they do because it's just somethign they do. They don't really consider the harm it may cause to others and if they do they don't really care.

Isn't that the kind of mentality you've had when you get behind the wheel drunk? It's no big deal right? Just be thankful you didn't run someone over or you'd probably be slitting your wrists in jail.
>>
David Breffingdale - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:22:07 EST GHFLwdVq No.279627 Reply
>>279623
Also, this. Rock bottom isn't really real.

Parents kick out their kids when they are abusing drugs thinking "well maybe they'll hit rock bottom and turn their life around" and they never do, and everyone wonders why it doesn't work out the way they think it's supposed to. That shit ain't real. The only thing that is real is accepting responsibility, flexing your willpower and taking positive action, which the second of these (which is of vital importance) is something that the cult tells you that you're incapable of doing for yourself.
>>
Clara Mackledale - Sun, 26 Aug 2018 02:13:40 EST DhpkwGF1 No.279641 Reply
>>279627
> The only thing that is real is accepting responsibility, flexing your willpower and taking positive action
Ummmm. Also therapy. There's also the sinclair method (taking an opioid antagonist, which reduces cravings). There's also psychedlic-assisted therapy.

Focusing too much on "will power" and responsibility (AKA shaming people) is another harmful approach to addiction.

>>279626
Also this. DUI is pretty serious because of the OTHER people you're putting in danger. Drunk biking is very dangerous, but nobody gets mad about it because you're only gonna kill your own damn self.
>>
Martin Bishsudge - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 22:53:28 EST GBl+Zp6b No.279659 Reply
>>279604
well you better do something or you'll end up like my brother who's 34 with no job, education, 2 duis technically (1 got reduced to wreckless driving), no GF, has had multiple seizures from alcohol withdrawl the past 2-3 years
>>
Alice Coshbanks - Tue, 28 Aug 2018 04:24:02 EST owUDxjpC No.279665 Reply
1535444642412.png -(1800031B / 1.72MB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't have a license so I Uber or get a taxi everywhere so often I'll arrive at work still drunk from the night before. Having a DUI shouldn't be that bad if your area has good public transport, but if you live out in bumfuck nowhere then I dunno what to tell you. Rock bottom isn't when something really terrible happens to you - it's when you fool yourself into comfort and continue to drink heavily with a clear foresight of where this path will lead you.
>>
Augustus Blytheville - Wed, 29 Aug 2018 01:06:24 EST GHFLwdVq No.279671 Reply
>>279641
Therapy is taking responsibility. I didn't say you have to do it 100% solo. And no it's definitely not shaming to say that personal responsibility is a huge factor. If you think that what I said was shaming then you're probably projecting. Now I'm shaming.
>>
Hugh Funderhood - Tue, 11 Sep 2018 00:09:28 EST a00Qenvr No.279829 Reply
Tbh the cops need to mind their own fucking business

You have a baby it's smiles and welfare all around despite the fact that you've birthed an eventual death
You now some cunt down drunk it's all of a sudden a TERRIBLE SHAME despite you just killing your own pain and also stopping them spreading the disease of life

Cops are just the final stage of being inserted to stop sticking your fucking nose in other peoples affairs and as such should be classed as fair game when you've whisky for blood, a high calibre gun and a strong sense of justice
>>
Hugh Funderhood - Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:26:01 EST a00Qenvr No.279836 Reply
Wish the cops would fuck off tbh

It's my car, my booze and my body

Up until I actually hit someone mind your own fucking business
>>
Doris Lightway - Tue, 11 Sep 2018 23:53:53 EST LazM8mpU No.279842 Reply
1536724433326.jpg -(115386B / 112.68KB, 1080x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>279836
Kill yourself behind the wheel and nobody else faggot.
>>
Martin Sagglestire - Tue, 11 Sep 2018 23:59:13 EST oQ7JAzY+ No.279843 Reply
>>279836

So by your logic just let you endanger everyone on the road around you until you finally do take someone or many people's lives. Only after someone is badly injured or doesn't get to live anymore because of you is where we draw the line. Makes perfect sense.
>>
Albert Shittingfuck - Wed, 26 Jun 2019 08:16:06 EST MsuoztAa No.281877 Reply
>>281868
Says the person that just necrobumped 2 threads that don't even have images anymore. Goddamn sophie.
>>
these feelings of guilt and freedom - Wed, 26 Jun 2019 10:32:21 EST kaAGFtBr No.281878 Reply
1561559541328.jpg -(492491B / 480.95KB, 3055x2400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
> then I don't want to see what kind of hell continuing to drink will lead me to
you wouldn't even belief
>When I was in rehab, I told a meth addict that I would trade his addiction for my driving record.
Mostly rational. Meth isn't much worse imvho. I'd say it's about just as evil as cocaine hcl.
To answer your question anyway because wine:
I woke up to my crush getting pounded, got male on male raped myself. First time hetero-sex being high on heroin. And that has been my love life. I am 28.
Not even as bad as the post drinking horrors. I'm talkin DT's. Horrible hallucinations of monsters and stuff that occur during withdrawal and cannot be distinguished from reality. Seeing severed, evil grinning heads with no eyes, bloody walls, Chinese mafia chasing me. In china. Some random cop entity: "You're prosecuted because you've murdered ยง??????!" . Like your brain giving you a blue screen but not that peaceful. Over the top anxiety for days. Feeling your brain cells dying off in what could be described as a brain cell massacre.
When I put down any glass or cup, my hand will do this characteristic shake even now, months not after my last drink. nerve dmg probably.
I really advice against alcohol consumption. Most other drugs are safer and to me heroin seems much nicer and less dishonest. Haven't seen it's mask off face yet though i think. One single year of light heroin abuse vs. 10 years of alcoholism? The heroin withdrawals seems like kindergarten compared with DT's. Still awful, but kindergarten is just this way. kinda awful but not as horrible as a DT's what basically feels like POW.

Every free week without drinking is like a present to me.
But that'sjust one side of the story.
I have reached diverse pinnacles. I have touched the sky multiple times like Yuri Gagarin.
Floating for what seemed to be an endless time thorough the open space and voids in between the galaxies. Moonshine reflected in dew drops, literal heaven. important to notice that too! I was high on Cocaine that was probably ketamin, lyrica/pregabalin, beer, marijuana, heroin never without smoking tobacco. Shit was DOPE AF.

By the way if you like alcohol you would LOVE pregabalin. It acts just like hooch on he GABA- receptors of your brain that you like to fuck up so much.
Tons of weed btw. Always try to do tons of weed it's objectively the smartest drug of choice. no one ever died from overdosing it and that is unique for a drug afaik.
TL;DR: OP has deficiencies in interacting with humans, but not with computers.nb im drunk on wine. I've spend maybe an hour on this text, listning to music it maybe is full of bs but anyway mostly credible. It should be. cheers to y'all :)
>>
Beatrice Gundlehall - Fri, 28 Jun 2019 05:25:51 EST nRfUbmcX No.281902 Reply
1561713951274.png -(654663B / 639.32KB, 650x975) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>"I'm good at driving sober but I don't relish the opportunity"

Had a DUI myself. I realize the state you live in effects how much of a big deal that is. What state did you get your DUIs and what punishments did you get? Do you think you were the worst person at your rehab?

I ended up being the guy everyone else at my driving safety class was whispering about because I had it so bad. Highest BAC. Stupid shit like putting on drunk goggles and not acting different and everyone laughs and the teacher is confused. It's not a good feeling being the clear biggest fuck up in an entire class of DUIs.

The thing about rock bottom is you don't really know where it is. You keep falling and never hit the ground. You think you're at rock bottom but then you keep falling.
https://youtu.be/F9hagVL-__c

That you're contemplating suicide instead of thinking you won't live through the night because the booze is going to kill you means you haven't hit rock bottom. Some people don't contemplate suicide they think the booze is probably going to kill them anyway.

I was watching the DNC debates the last two nights and swigging whiskey. One of the candidates was Beto O'Rourke. He had a DUI too. Nobody ever brings this up. Nobody seems to care. Having a DUI won't destroy your life. The alcohol will.

>I told a meth addict that I would trade his addiction for my driving record
The fact that you think a driving record is worse than addiction means you don't know the depths of addiction. Stop obsessing about the DUIs and focus on not drinking. The alcoholism is what is important and what you should be concerned about.
>>
Beatrice Gundlehall - Fri, 28 Jun 2019 05:36:55 EST nRfUbmcX No.281903 Reply
1561714615274.gif -(1929176B / 1.84MB, 245x210) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>279626
>DUI drivers are murderers. And they are similar to some child molesters by a stretch.

Drunk driving is terrible. But realize that some people drink and spiral out of control and then wake up in the back of a police car because they legitimately didn't realize or even remember what they were doing (drunk driving). Don't compare them to child molesters or murderers who know what they're doing.

For alcoholics it's easy to take just one drink and think it'll be fine and then you wake up finding out you did something you regret like you're Dr Jekykl and Mr Hyde or a werewolf or something like that. There are a lot of people out there who drank thinking they weren't hurting anyone and then wake up horrified by what they've done.

Maybe being an alcoholic makes you a bad person but you don't enter alcoholism willingly or knowingly and you don't enter it thinking you'll hurt other people.
>>
Shit Durringridge - Sun, 30 Jun 2019 00:24:49 EST APgsu79i No.281920 Reply
>>281903
what about blackout child molesting? they wouldn't have done it otherwise, they can't be blamed, right?

the image of a surgery-scarred michael jackson, blacked out on benzos and sucking a child's anus is nightmarish. but it almost definitely happened. aren't most rapist drunk?

most serial killers were alcoholics who got drunk to kill. ted bundy, jeffrey dahmer, john wayne gacy... at one point do you think one should take responsibility for oneself? FUCK DRUNK DRIVING AND FUCK SELF-EXCUSING CHILDREN
>>
Ernest Tillingbanks - Sun, 30 Jun 2019 05:58:18 EST nRfUbmcX No.281922 Reply
1561888698828.jpg -(33383B / 32.60KB, 486x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>281920
You're not going to rape a child while blackout drunk if you weren't already a pedo sober. It's a retarded comparison. Those serial killers clearly were serial killers without the booze.

That's part of the point of the
>"that's just his true nature coming out"
line from Moral Orel.

It accentuates your bad habits but it doesn't turn you into a child rapist / serial killer. I make a point to NEVER lie and as I understand I have never lied while blackout drunk except once... apparently I said I wouldn't drink anymore that night than drank again because I didn't comprehend what the fuck I was doing. Main reason I don't trust owning a gun is I might do something stupid while drunk and kill myself.

Even if you teach a person "don't be a drunk driver" and even if the person genuinely believes "I would never be a drunk driver", they could still end up at the back of a wheel thinking "well I'm not really drunk". But maybe it turns out they are more drunk than they realize... or the drinks sneak up on them as the unprocessed alcohol enters their bloodstream. Real DUI classes aren't people screaming at them about how terrible they are for being drunk drivers. They are educating people on what is considered drunk driving, learning their limit, realizing alcohol takes time to effect you... things like that.

The point I'm making is people sometimes make mistakes without realizing what they're doing. You should work to educate people and have them learn methods to avoid those mistakes in the future, not go into histrionics and screech FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS THEY'RE UNFORGIVABLE SCUM AND SHOULD ALL DIE REEEEEEEEEEEE. That's how you end up with people like OP who think their life is over and they should consider suicide. Again, yes of course drunk driving is terrible. So is an alzheimer's patient driving... but there is no malicious or ill-intent in either. Work to stop it from happening rather than focusing on hating them.
>>
Shit Durringridge - Sun, 30 Jun 2019 15:11:07 EST APgsu79i No.281926 Reply
>>281922
i never fucking said it turns you into a murderer, my point was drunkenness is a shitty excuse for wrongdoing. if one cant exercise restraint while drinking then they shouldnt be drinking.

>there is no malicious or ill-intent
bad people don't tend to think of themselves as such. they're just inconsiderate of other people

shame is a powerful motivator for change imo. im doing my part. cheers for the moral orel reference btw
>>
Ebenezer Wipperchit - Thu, 08 Aug 2019 05:07:07 EST 1sb+nIeV No.282340 Reply
I had 4 dui's by 24, had to move back in with parents to do a home detention sentence of 8 months

in reality these time spans are so small in the extent of your life

things seem like such a huge deal at the time (in the way a teenage romance ending makes kids commit suicide). it's really not. life goes on. people employ you. a criminal record is not the end of your life, especially something so minor as dui. insurance and other whatnot is just nothing, who gives a shit. you're healthy, a valuable person, dealing with some legal issues that's it.

just need some perspective that's all. laws are just man made bullshit anyway.
>>
Thomas Brenkinshaw - Thu, 08 Aug 2019 16:51:43 EST DaF8lssa No.282342 Reply
1565297503981.jpg -(43739B / 42.71KB, 480x270) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282340
>being retarded enough to have FOUR fucking DUI's
>laws are just man made bullshit anyway
>>
Simon Nacklemick - Fri, 09 Aug 2019 02:21:29 EST ygu+kCa7 No.282347 Reply
>>282342
He could have just said "I'm a complete fucking mongoloid please disregard everything I say" for the same effect

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.