Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Alcohol withdrawal

- Sat, 27 Apr 2019 00:55:29 EST d+37Mk4q No.281374
File: 1556340929727.jpg -(109076B / 106.52KB, 601x959) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Alcohol withdrawal
Would you likely know for sure if you are experiencing alcohol withdrawal? I’m like 3-4 days sober and feel completely fine, but all the health websites say the amount I drink (basically about half a fifth of 40% daily Mon-Thur and a full fifth or more Fri-Sun) is easily enough that I possibly could be a fuking candidate for delerium tremens. I don’t feel any symptoms of alcohol withdrawal at all but I’m scared I’m gonna randomly fall into a seizure after reading these damn health websites.

Inb4 pussy. I’m just not drinking for 2 months to lose some weight. Going right back to it (maybe not as much) afterwards.
>>
Martha Senningford - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:01:24 EST AGbKKD5M No.281375 Reply
>>281374
I haven't ever had alcohol withdrawal nor delerium tremens. However, I do indeed feel like you'd know if you were convulsively shaking from a lack of alcohol. Don't psyche yourself into a condition you don't have. You're perfectly all right as long as you think such.
>>
Archie Herringstedge - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:28:01 EST c282bzYW No.281376 Reply
The serious W/D start in hours and not days. You're out of the danger zone.
>>
Caroline Hoffinghall - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 04:56:57 EST IQ7ILBEg No.281378 Reply
>>281374

you will definitely feel it when you're in WD. it's not like everything's fine and then suddenly seizure. you will already be in hell when the seizure comes. (for the few time i had it, for me it came about 48 hours after last drink, an by that time i already suffered like a motherfucker for >36 hours)
>>
Edward Goodshaw - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 05:37:43 EST HSxCZpPn No.281379 Reply
>>281376
This.
Also how long have you been drinking like this?
It usually takes years of chronic alcohol abuse for your body to get to that stage. I've been drinking steady on and off for almost 8 years and I don't get the shakes yet. When I don't drink though I just generally feel crappy and depressed so I've probably reached stage 1 of alcohol withdrawal.
>>
Alice Gurringpadge - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 08:45:54 EST d+37Mk4q No.281382 Reply
Really good info, really appreciate all the replies.

>>281379

I’m 32, have been drinking like this for about 5-6 years, though I suppose there were long stretches where i would not drink during a night or two here and there. But then again, also other long stretches where it was absolutely every night. Last night was the first Friday I Hadn’t drank in probably 10 years.

Those of you that had experienced withdrawal, even just mild, how much, how long, and what were you generally drinking?
>>
Edward Goodshaw - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 09:11:50 EST HSxCZpPn No.281383 Reply
>>281382
So were you morning drinking? I know lots of dudes who pretty much drink every night and from what I've seen I don't think it crosses withdrawal territory until you need alcohol in the morning.
Like I said I am pretty sure I have experienced mild withdrawal and you feel incredibly lethargic and shitty and all you can think about is drinking. Almost impossible to function I find. Happens after I have been drinking for a few days straight (literally waking up every morning drinking then go to bed drunk kind of thing). Usually would last a day if I didn't break down and have a drink.
>>
Hamilton Subblewuck - Wed, 15 May 2019 02:23:15 EST sBElb5EW No.281566 Reply
>>281376
After 3 days you are usually ok, but sometimes. If you are drinking a lot lot like day and night, day 4 can be just as hazardous as after a few hours. Can feel fine most of the day and suddenly just have
harsh withdrawals.

If night and day drinking, a mere hour of less blood-alcohol concentrations could be dangerous, While drinking more to keep level can be dangerous.
>>
Hamilton Subblewuck - Wed, 15 May 2019 03:02:57 EST sBElb5EW No.281567 Reply
>>281379
Realy heavy drinking, 10 years is the expected time where things can rapidly change. 15 years of straight is getting to the bad situation level. Especially if the amounts are pretty
high and keep getting higher.

If withdrawal starts in hours, something is messed up. Health issues maybe. Constant drinking where withdraws are fairly severe in mere hours, it is time to quickly lower the consumption level. Some can easiy drink an extra half pint in a night where they did not the night before.

Just as easy can save ones ass if one simply does not drink that extra half pint the next night.

A few night of say a pint and a half, can lead to bad withdraws in mere hours. leading to
drinking every morning throughout the day and night. If a person keeps on this high consumption level for say as high as weeks, they get dehydrated, does not eat correctly, will become depleted from vitamins. Very hazardous. But merely cutting back, even just a bit, rehydrating and eating better can immediately start to reverse the worst that could easily happen.
>>
Hamilton Subblewuck - Wed, 15 May 2019 05:01:23 EST sBElb5EW No.281570 Reply
>>281374
Yea, a 1/5th is what basically two pints. A pint really is too much on the body, even with a tolerance. This much alcohol it will cause your body on nearly every level to basically malfunction, misfire, work harder to repair damage in one form or
another, rather than functioning as it should.

Reality is, you can get away with half of that easily enough. Maybe get a 40 and not have any fifths liquor. Although a shot and a 40 works about right in taste and all.

Plan to not go out after drinking your 40, and follow through to that, and just go to bed, even if you would have difficulty sleeping. Will not be missing anything by going to bed. Your morning and day will be much much easier with drinking that much less than a pint.

In the meantime while or without drinking, start to enjoy movies music, activities in a realistic way. Not doing so to
deliberately co-incidence with alcohol. Realize past interests, movies music, where you remember these the next
day.

Don't feel depressed or anything in the mornings just get up and 'seize the day.' If having trouble sleeping, this would start to pass within maybe two nights. Take half a diphenhydramine to help sleep if needed. Keep water near, diphenhydramine will dehydrate you, especially over 50 mgs. Never go over 50 mgs. If no sleep is happening, just deal with it.

Alcohol for sleep is merely just drinking to sleep. It is a restless sleep. Even if one passes out. You wake up kinda hating
the day before you even start it.

Now two pints, is like drinking 16 beers? Some say that is usual, but is it really usual as in casual, normal?
Like this, does a pint after you drink it, Do normal activities before bed stay intact. Are you tired but still clear
headed enough to say organize next days projects in your head. Or even really recall going to bed.

I do know this, if you have no like work schedule, routine. All it takes from two pints a day into simply drinking a morning here and there. Things can collapse really easy where you lose direction and drinking becomes what seems an easy fix but difficult long term routine. Where shakes may become acceptable, as long as you have alcohol for the short term.

In know all in all, that just the most basic tasks become pretty difficult. I am sure one realizes this after drinking fairly heavily that the next day is difficult and frustrating.
>>
Martha Chockleridge - Thu, 30 May 2019 19:38:50 EST 0qjgF3Xx No.281695 Reply
Half a fifth is about 8.5 drinks. So 17 drinks every weekend day. That's actually not too far gone, but getting there. If you start drinking a fifth every day you'll get there. I'd say 15-20 drinks/day is about the point of no return. And you should be feeling absolutely terrible on the days you only drink 8. Sustaining this for months to years at a time is also a factor. The fact you have enough self control to only drink half a fifth is pretty good.

How's the insomnia? You should at least have that for a week if you've been drinking that much.
>>
Martha Clocklebore - Sat, 01 Jun 2019 18:34:52 EST CnKjqoe3 No.281707 Reply
>>281695
i've been drinking every day for the last 3 or 4 years, and most likely approaching the point of no return. the last time i didn't drink for 24 hrs pretty recently, i didn't even notice that it had occurred until i got home. about a month earlier than that i got off a flight late and ended up going to bed without drinking (albeit only because i didn't know NYC bar close is 4 AM). It's weird being aware of the fact that i'm destroying myself, then also knowing that i'm mostly fine despite much lower expectations, and STILL drinking all the time. I just don't see why I shouldn't have a functional way to turn off the sorrow of living in a world on the verge of collapse. it's selfish and jesus is probably shaking his head but it's true; but in the end I feel it helps because the reality of all our bullshit leaves me paralyzed and alcohol tends to make me more dynamic. And most of the time I don't regret my decisions... yet

u didnt even ask me, i'm getting drunk otherwise i wouldn't have overshared
>>
Cedric Greenridge - Mon, 03 Jun 2019 19:37:20 EST +fxP0sAm No.281714 Reply
>>281695
>And you should be feeling absolutely terrible on the days you only drink 8

I don'y know, 16 drink is like overly drunk. Cutting off from a 1/5th to half that should
be easier to navigate life, in three days should be easy to get along with it. Sleepwis, 4 5 days. People drink say 8 drinks in 4 hours, then just keep drinking, by that point, any more than that, double than that is just not very productive.
>>
Beatrice Dubblefield - Sun, 09 Jun 2019 00:31:19 EST TTN5ialO No.281745 Reply
Kind of curious about this myself. Been drinking for probably about 7 years now, heavily for the past 3, and for the past year it's been super heavy. For definitions as to what I'm considering heavy and "super heavy," for the past 3 years I was probably having at least 6 drinks a day with no stop in between. For the past year and a half, though, I'm drinking all day (including before and at work) and it's not rare (ie - it's common) for me to drink a handle in two days. And those two days, I don't mean a weekend. I mean two work days.

This week, I tried to cut back and only drink 3-4 beers. I lasted two days. It wasn't because I relapsed out of impulse or anything, it was because I could not fall asleep, was incredibly irritable throughout the day, felt legitimately sick and my stomach had physical tremors, my body was sweating, and when I did get 2 hours of sleep, it was nothing but nightmare fuel.
>>
>>
Beatrice Dubblefield - Sun, 09 Jun 2019 00:41:19 EST TTN5ialO No.281746 Reply
>>281745
It's also worth noting that 3-4 beers a day was about what I drank when I first started drinking. During the first 4 years, I was going through about a 30 pack and a handle a week, probably a bit more. It's getting much heavier.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.