Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Seriously alcoholic buddy who doesn't know how to pace

- Sat, 25 May 2019 23:22:24 EST MxMbJkHY No.281672
File: 1558840944880.jpg -(63756B / 62.26KB, 567x402) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Seriously alcoholic buddy who doesn't know how to pace
So, there's this dude I work with. We did a small gig, and it went well, or reasonably well. The other acts made similarly minor mistakes but it was cool because everybody was drunk and having a good time, that kind of thing.

Anyway, the problem was, after we played our short, two-song set, he went outside and across the street and got a bottle of alcohol. I didn't think too much of it because sometimes I do things like that just for convenience - it's right there, I need to drink more later, etc. But then he basically gets hammered and we go back into the venue, sit down and order coffee. He orders decaf. He cheers and "eggs on" and encourages the other acts, but is basically disruptive the entire time and has a bad attitude about everything.

I kind of want to switch him out for another guy but can't at the moment due to limited selection, plus I want to help him out because he's actually not a bad guy except when he's this drunk. So, after he's so disruptive that it's intolerable, the owner comes up to me and asks me to take him home, and I do so. But, he keeps begging for more alcohol on the way home. I refuse until we get to his doorstep and finally relent, giving him basically one swig of the bottle I took. I then take him upstairs, give his wife the bottle and he goes to bed. But the thing is, the entire way up he was super defensive about being out of line and claiming the venue owner was the problem and being a jerk, but it was just that he was hammered, really.

How should I help him manage his alcoholism? Rehab and AA are right out, and he has serious alcoholism and needs to take it for withdrawals in small amounts. He's also grumpy. Any advice?
>>
Hedda Gevingspear - Sun, 26 May 2019 00:35:11 EST AGbKKD5M No.281674 Reply
>>281672
That's crazy man. Have you talked to him about it before when he's sober? I think as with all addicts they won't change until they have the internal desire to. Like I won't stop anything for anyone else sadly, but if it's genuinely something I myself want I can cold turkey whatever. Is there any way to kind of spark that interest in him? Get him to want to let up a bit. Somehow... I commend you for being a steadfast friend there.
>>
Priscilla Fanshaw - Sun, 26 May 2019 01:25:35 EST APgsu79i No.281676 Reply
>>281672
let this boomer idiot know that alcohol is the first reason he sucks. dont let him drag you down, dont get sucked into his retard web. nothing good will come out of this redneck bar band bullshit. you wont end up recording any music of real worth, you wont make money, you wont get signed

leave him if you wanna take it more seriously. find better musicians

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.