Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Was just thinking...

- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 00:36:02 EST UyEXIWrp No.282127
File: 1563424562317.png -(29175B / 28.49KB, 200x202) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Was just thinking...
The drink would probably be one of the best substances around if it weren't for the hangover. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if good hangover/withdrawal tolerance is one of the leading factors in what drives a certain segment of the population to it. Pray that you never get kindling because it will stop your drinking dead in its tracks.
>>
John Gushville - Thu, 18 Jul 2019 04:10:18 EST P4AfSujl No.282128 Reply
The hangovers and the calories are the only downsides really.
>>
Cedric Pummlepot - Thu, 18 Jul 2019 04:29:53 EST AGbKKD5M No.282129 Reply
>>282127
OP I don't understand; what do you mean by kindling?

If drinking didn't dehydrate me I'd be drinking all the time. At work, at home, wherever. Like a rich CEO. Beer also bloats me so urinating a hundred times blows but I always go too hard on liquor so it's a compromise.
>>
Nicholas Brozzlelidging - Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:57:35 EST VJvs24H5 No.282130 Reply
>>282128
Don't forget the organ damage (including the brain and making your skin ugly), crippling addiction, and withdrawal that can literally kill
>>
Phineas Sollyfit - Sat, 20 Jul 2019 03:43:57 EST UyEXIWrp No.282162 Reply
>>282129
Do yourself a favour and read the wiki article about kindling associated with sedative-hypnotics (i.e. depressants). It pretty much outlines exactly what happened to me. At first my hangovers were just cognitive impairment, lethargy, nausea which was fixed by hurling, and I also remember always feeling easily humoured. In time the hangovers turned from mild to full blown day-long panic attacks.
>>
Lydia Sevingnitch - Mon, 22 Jul 2019 00:29:06 EST APgsu79i No.282171 Reply
>>282127
>The drink would probably be one of the best substances around if it weren't for the hangover.
IT IS IN SPITE OF IT MORE LIKE. HAHA YEAHH
>>
Ebenezer Wipperchit - Thu, 08 Aug 2019 04:39:58 EST 1sb+nIeV No.282339 Reply
I think alcohol only really truly vibes with a certain percentage of the population that has some sort of latent 'uncomfortableness' within them. As in, for them, the alcohol is much like a 'drug-remover', in that the effect is like stripping away what's blocking their true self from revealing.

For these people, all GABA type drugs are like nectar - phenibut, benzos, gabapentin, gbl, etc. But the king is booze. Nothing beats the crystal clear revealing of oneself that the toxic nectar unearths.

I've tried over 40 drugs (including iv coke meth mdma and heroin), and in terms of sheer 'fun', nothing really beats hooch. Sure, some drugs have more potent raw euphoria - but booze is always there for me. Always predictable, always there by my side. Making everything all better.
>>
Nicholas Shakeway - Fri, 09 Aug 2019 21:41:43 EST ZtFMYJJo No.282358 Reply
>>282339
There's a lot of truth in this. I'm one such person.
>>
Oliver Lightwill - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 00:09:24 EST APgsu79i No.282359 Reply
>>282339
i dont know about that. of course its true for a large portion, but it seems that genetics make drunkenness more fun for certain people and that these people just enjoy drinking in and of itself. i dont enjoy benzos bc they make me feel dysphoric, like id prefer being sober and more awake. alcohols got a serious "fun factor" that benzos lack. i drink alone and at night 98% of the time and i do it out of hedonism, because its an easy and convenient boredom killer. my parents are the same way, as is my brother
>>
Phyllis Heffinghall - Mon, 12 Aug 2019 10:01:43 EST MxMbJkHY No.282376 Reply
essentially some GABA drugs are like alcohol with different side-effects but don't have as harsh of a hangover
>>
Frederick Hobberfield - Tue, 13 Aug 2019 15:01:24 EST qKjCttDZ No.282382 Reply
>>282376
Usually less organ damage, too.Since you don't have a bunch of acetaldehyde in the bloodstream.
>>
Basil Drunninghall - Tue, 13 Aug 2019 15:50:30 EST DKE8Va8H No.282384 Reply
>>282127
Depends on the person. I personally don't get any positive effects from alcohol, it might be because I've drank quite a lot in last 2 years (well, compared to /hooch/'s alcoholics, not really) and I've tried a lot of different drugs.

It just makes me dizzy and nauseous if I have too much. No disinhibition, no euphoria, almost no relaxation (I even become more restless) and huge urge to chainsmoke. My hangovers aren't bad and quite managable though, even if I had gotten blackout drunk previous night. The only reason I drink anymore is because of friends.
>>
>>
Hugh Settinghall - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:00:17 EST LsjIpRo7 No.282391 Reply
1565827217456.jpg -(119039B / 116.25KB, 1352x770) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>I wouldn't be surprised if good hangover/withdrawal tolerance is one of the leading factors in what drives a certain segment of the population to it

I've wondered this. I don't really get hangovers, I never really noticed anything negative until I'd been drinking every night for a while. In fact when I first started drinking I'd get wasted, sleep for 12 hours and wake up feeling great. Even the few times I overdid it and puked I felt fine the next day. That went away as I got older but I never had headaches or next day puking, would just feel tired even though I slept a ton.

I know people that say they don't really drink because the hangovers are so severe it's not worth it. For example if my sister goes out drinking for a night she's basically bed bound for the whole next day and puking. I guess if that happened to me I wouldn't have ended up drinking like this.

I guess I'm "hungover" every day now, but all I really feel is tired. I'm also getting reflux now and my throat sometimes feels like it's full of glue which is very irritating but that's not really a hangover symptom, it's just from drinking every night.
>>
Hugh Settinghall - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:06:37 EST LsjIpRo7 No.282392 Reply
>>282384
>huge urge to chainsmoke
It's weird, the more I drink the less I want to smoke. In fact I went from smoking like 10 cigs through the day and would smoke more when drinking, to only smoking when drinking at night, to only having 1 or 2 whilst drinking, to just stopping altogether. I mean I've had many 1 or 2 cigs in the past 2 weeks. Dunno why. Maybe it's because the stimulant effect is now undesirable because my GABA receptors are downregulated? Hey, at least I'll die of liver failure rather than lung cancer.
>>
Isabella Bockleshit - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:10:04 EST clD6jCMS No.282439 Reply
fuck it man, hangovers are terrible but there's your benchmark for death, and the remainder of your suffering. how much worse could it be than that time you drank all that cheap vodka on an empty stomach and went to work the next day?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.