Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

/sqt/

- Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:36:33 EST xDzAwQh2 No.282210
File: 1564184193280.jpg -(219655B / 214.51KB, 788x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. /sqt/
So I know I call this a stupid question thread, but im still gonna write a tl;dr anyway.

I need to provide some context, but I have a question for all u alcoholics out there.
As of today, I have been drinking for a very long time, maybe a year or more, and over that period of time I have developed a drinking habit. Every day, the amount of alcohol I need to get me where I need to go, is about a little less than a 1.5L 14% bottle of time, or the equivalent in hard liquor. I know that most likely qualifies me as an alcoholic, but as for the context, here it is; I drink that much every night, and only at night, but I also am relatively heavy (180 pounds), that being due to my height, and not fat. I am also a male, so I naturally metabolize alcohol faster.

All that being said, I have two questions. I cannot physically drink more thant what makes me feel comfortable, which is that amount of alcohol, otherwise my body lets me know when to stop by making me feel physically sick and really really dizzy. I've noticed that I can never drink more than that, but I still have the ritual.
Question 2 is: Should I decide to quit alcohol altogether, what kind of withdrawal symptoms would I experience? I imagine it wouldn't be so severe as to cause seizures, but I feel like it would still be extremely unpleasant. (or maybe not?)

I'm just wondering what other peoples experiences are in something like this.
sorry for the tl;dr lole
>>
Oliver Brirryhall - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 20:23:42 EST APgsu79i No.282212 Reply
>>282210
wheres your first question lol

thats a little over 11 drinks a night which is ~technically~ alcoholism. its for sure a bad habit. youre saying that you have a consistent stopping point but tolerance gets to be a thing when you push it (as one tends to do with bad habits), and even though tolerance to intoxication can get dummy high tolerance to the physical damage really cant

yeah you should try to quit. its obviously unhealthy and a crutch of sorts, i wouldnt imagine you get serious withdrawal symptoms besides insomnia or maybe a little nervousness. the big thing to watch out for is cravings. the best cure is to pick up something else to occupy your mind, boredom is your worst enemy in this situation. good luck buddy
>>
Oliver Brirryhall - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 20:29:21 EST APgsu79i No.282213 Reply
>>282210
not to be dramatic but youre losing your time and memory and thus your youth. turn back while you can
>>
Nigel Henderpitch - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 21:48:31 EST xDzAwQh2 No.282219 Reply
1564192111395.jpg -(15585B / 15.22KB, 326x244) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282213
not to sound like a faggot but a lot of the time i feel like alcohol is the only thing that lets me be, well, *me* in this world
it feels like the only thing that alleviates the crippling anxiety i feel every every waking moment
kratom helps a lot with that, but hooch is really the only thing that gets rid of the feeling entirely and allows me to be extroverted, even if I seem kinda insane, stupid, or self absorbed
I feel like i'm treading a really terrible path
but life circumstance makes the feeling it provides way better than reality
i just don't know what to do
;_;
>>
Fucking Doddlelock - Sat, 27 Jul 2019 03:28:34 EST yyoV7SRN No.282227 Reply
>>282219
Drinking every night, will increase anxiety in the AM. Throughout the day. When you drink this will go away.
Until the next morning.

That's kinda how it works out. If it goes on, waking and drinking you will feel pretty much OK. Not a good scene.

An antidepressant, mirtazapine for definate sleep is also good for anxiety for the next day if you tolerate it well. Which most people do. It is a pretty 'kind' anti-depressant and should
see positive changes within a week.

I know this because drank for years, and this was an instant turn around in mindset. Activity level went up, started enjoying past activities and seeking new ones. Trazadone is pretty good as well but a bit unpredictable in dosage, as what may work for a few days, weeks, may jst not work, especially if you drink. unless you adjust your dosage, which is almost just as unpredictable.

Yea alcohol to control anxiety and to sleep doesn't work very well except for short term time periods. Like when while you are drinking and actually sleep. which is a very unrestful sleep. Whether one realizes it or not.
>>
Fucking Fuddlenotch - Sat, 03 Aug 2019 07:01:27 EST pyf9nQ/Y No.282304 Reply
1564830087902.jpg -(6941B / 6.78KB, 194x259) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282219
6 months sober now from benzos, alc and opiates. you have issues, it helps issues, but it really doesnt and it just numbs you. you know 100% you have a problem and you should stop now, but you wont. prove me wrong i guess, but i know how it goes.

stop now while you still can and before its too late and youve destroyed your life and lost everything. i know it seems like a moderate drinking habit but i promise itll cripple you in the end. it seems like the better alternative now, and it is, until it destroys everything and you cant quit but its the biggest issue.

(if) youll stop drinking and realize hey, life is hard and sucks, ive got to fix my life and my mental health if i want to be happy, youll realize how terrible being an alcoholic is. dont put yourself through that hell man.

inb4 alcoholics come in to call me corny or a buzzkill or try to tell this guy he can manage it. this is the fucking truth hombre, sad to say.

by the way, im happy in my life. i have a great girlfriend, im about to move to nyc with her, im getting things back together and im not miserable every day hating myself trapped by these chemicals. just saying, it gets better as long as you get better and actually try to fix your life and be happy. getting sober but not fixing your life doesnt do shit.

anyway man, i hope you make the right decision, and i hope things get better for you. toodles
>>
Lillian Tootbury - Mon, 05 Aug 2019 01:05:26 EST ZmMOOBMJ No.282321 Reply
>>282304
yeah, as someone who's been through it and barely come out the other side, I'd agree with most of that
>>
Rebecca Creblingfield - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 20:32:08 EST LsjIpRo7 No.282338 Reply
1565224328852.jpg -(158348B / 154.64KB, 1274x677) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I probably drink a similar amount. Have done for around a year but as you know you pretty quickly lose track of time. I haven't tried stopping yet but I have noticed some changes so I would imagine I'd have some kind of withdrawal. I'm pretty sure I couldn't sleep without it. I did think about trying to quit in a couple of weeks because I have a week off from work, I dunno maybe writing it here makes it more likely that I actually do it because obviously no one knows about the extent of my drinking although I'm pretty sure my mother has her suspicions.

So yeah do you have any effects during the day? First thing was loose shits which was obviously gonna happen, I can deal with that. Also a little heartburn which is manegable. Also after a few months I started getting this shit where it feels like there's always something in my throat, really irritating and makes me gag sometimes, I've puked a couple of times even though I didn't feel nauseous before gagging. I'm pretty sure this is my throat being irritated either directly from the alcohol or from reflux. I posted before about this but there's also a pain when I wake up that feels like it's around my left kidney. Several others said they also had it, not sure what it is but it goes away after I get up. Seems worse when taking a breath. I bet it's some kind of pressure, probably liver enlarged? Dunno. The thing that really makes me feel like I'll get withdrawals is my sympathetic nervous system seems to be jacked up. Like when anything happens that would normally give an adrenaline jolt I sweat and tremble more than I usually would. I've also pretty much stopped smoking cigs altogether which is obviously a good thing but I'm pretty sure it's because my desire for the stimulant effect has decreased due to the jacked up adrenaline response.

Thanks for saving my image by the way.
>>
Oliver Lightwill - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 00:14:38 EST APgsu79i No.282360 Reply
>>282338
>The thing that really makes me feel like I'll get withdrawals is my sympathetic nervous system seems to be jacked up. Like when anything happens that would normally give an adrenaline jolt I sweat and tremble more than I usually would.
thats definitely a sign of hangovers getting more serious and treading the line into withdrawals. alcohol-related shakes and anxiety are aggravated by stressful situations.

5 days and youre fresh as a daisy. if youre concerned about sleep then try ZMA it really helps me out

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.