Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Atrial Fibrilation "attacks"?

- Sun, 11 Aug 2019 12:38:13 EST D2M3K5iw No.282363
File: 1565541493343.jpg -(113852B / 111.18KB, 734x558) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Atrial Fibrilation "attacks"?
Having diarrhea all the time was bad enough, but I discovered the magic that is Imodium, and I really have no complaints about it anymore. This shit is horrible, though.

I started drinking heavily over the last year+. I've always been been something of a loner/homebody, so it never seemed unusual to drink alone when I first started drinking legally at 21. For years, I would binge and then go broke and be sober for a while in cycles. Then I got a stale job a bit less than 2 years ago. I'm grateful to have it, but it's stressful. I started to drink more because I could actually afford to. I drank to decompress, but now I'm drinking every single day. Recently, as my drinking has ramped up over the last year and a half, I've begun to experience episodes of what I can only self-diagnose as afib, having scoured many websites during my episodes in a panic, wondering if I were literally dying or in need of an ambulance.

I hate this shit. I can hardly drink anymore because of it, yet I still do. If I stop for a couple of days, I feel bad. If I drink more than one night after picking it up again, I feel worse. I can never tell if I'm coming or going. Invariably, I encounter what I'm assuming are afib symptoms: Cold extremities, weakness, feeling like I might vomit, gagging profusely when I try to brush my teeth, struggling to breathe and just feeling disturbingly out of sorts, like my brain's been scooped out of my head, etc.

It feels like a severe panic attack that won't let up, but I've almost gotten used to it, in the sense that, while it scares me and makes me feel miserable, I'm so accustomed to the feeling now after bingeing, it doesn't freak me out like it did the first time it hit really hard. The first time, I couldn't barely walk (let alone drive my car to work later the same day, stone sober, but utterly fried).

I tell myself "Well, it's probably just afib. It's not as if I'm having a literal fucking heart attack here and now". I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm surely not dying "this time", and tell myself I'll make up for it later by doing some kind of exercises and sobering up for a few days, but I never do (exercise sometimes seems to help my symptoms. Sometimes it seems to make them worse. I never manage to go more than 3-4 days before another binge period).

The point of this post is simply to ask: Does anyone else experience this? Have you actually been evaluated? What do you do to cope with it? Stopping drinking is obvious, and I'd like to at lest cut back. But I'm mainly curious to hear how you cope when you're already in the throes of an attack. I feel like pot might help. in fact, I think pot might help me to cut back on drinking in general. But I don't have a connection, nor even the wherewithal to find one, as I hardly ever smoke pot, and don't have any great interest in it beyond using it therapeutically for getting a better grip on my alcoholism.
>>
Nigel Brennerson - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:09:38 EST DaF8lssa No.282365 Reply
>>282363
Its probably tachycardia not afib you fag relax, rebound anxiety is real thing and if you drink constantly you'll get that, which goes hand in hand with tachy and anxiety.
See a doctor if you're that concerned
>>
Fanny Blatherridge - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:30:30 EST D2M3K5iw No.282366 Reply
>>282365
"rebound anxiety" doesn't occur while you're already drunk/been drinking, retard. Rebound anxiety is part of the problem I have with feeling like shit either way, whether I drink or don't drink, but it involves a separate litany of side-effects (i.e., tachycardia, profuse sweating, intense agitation). I'm sure the gagging issue is related to withdrawals, too. But the other shit isn't.
At any rate, "seeing a doctor" would cut into my booze budget. I hate people casually suggesting "seeing a doctor", "seeing a therapist", "schedule a dentist's appointment", "speak to your dermatologist", as these are things anyone can realistically "just do" any time they feel like it, regardless of income/insurance status. Who the fuck seriously does that? People living in Beverly Hills? I don't know these people. Regardless, it's not even a relevant answer to my question, so fuck you.
>>
Phineas Grandlock - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 14:07:37 EST +/24XjwV No.282367 Reply
>>282366
>looking for complex medical advice on /hooch/
>calls someone else a retard
Bruh.

You really can't self-diagnose afib unless you got a ECG at home.
>Does anyone else experience this?
Yes. All the time. IDFK what it is. Could be anything.

>Have you actually been evaluated?
No. haven't been to a doctor in over a decade.

>What do you do to cope with it?
Shitpost and hope for death in my sleep.

> I hate people casually suggesting "seeing a doctor",
Then don't ask for medical advice.
>>
Phineas Grandlock - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 14:10:23 EST +/24XjwV No.282368 Reply
>>282366
>I'm sure the gagging issue is related to withdrawals, too. But the other shit isn't.
Also, WTF. Sweating, tachycardia and agitation are textbook withdrawal. More-so than gagging.
>>
Charlotte Cluckleman - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:56:11 EST lexnd6Hl No.282369 Reply
>>282366
You would have to not drink for at least a week. To notice an improvement. Alcohol does screw with your entire body pretty bady. Drinking large amounts. Drinking yourself far past what body will tolerate, the cycle will continue. You would have to get past a week to get back to a reasnable
state. Binging for a few days, not drinking for a few days, then drinking heavilly again.
This will always happen from how it sounds.

Seize on the chances when you feel good getting exercize and keep going and not start drinking
again. Get money in your pocket and keep it there. It's not worth going through all this.

Yea, simply cutting back would definately help in the shot term, always.

Pot could help you direct yourself into a new mindset. That can keep going into a more clear ongoing direction. Just saying, binging, then a few days of feeling waay off, then doing it again. it's difficult to get past. But you weren't meant to feel this way and keep doing this.

If you will, you can go to an ER and they will give you pills to get through a week of withdrawls when you have these, like shaking and all. And try to decide if you wan't to just try to get past another day of not drinking. Try to keep going on from there.

There are medications that one can feel like drinking is a past thing that went nowhere and feel less of a need or by default to just start drinking.
>>
Alice Fiddlestig - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 22:30:36 EST APgsu79i No.282371 Reply
>>282363
ive never had anything as bad as youre describing, but i was getting bad day after palpitations/anxiety for a while. what helped me was ramping up exercise and cutting down on caffeine. seriously, exercise is a godsend, especially cardio. slower heartbeat + deeper breathing = less anxiety

is that seth putnam? that guy was a fucker
>>
Martin Blissleban - Mon, 12 Aug 2019 03:27:12 EST uOvKEh/n No.282372 Reply
Do use get b-12 complex vitamins. you 'need these if you drink and especially after binging. Alc does depleat vitamins, but thiamine, B-12 vitamins will be the most necessary. These will help your issues. After restoring these depleted vitamins for some time, your intense feelings/symptoms should kinda level out. You will notice this, cut back just a bit as well. If you tend to drink a pint, drink 3/4s of a pint. Cut it 1/4 regardless

Water, not just a hangover helper, but adequate amounts of water is extremely important. Chronic dehydration alone would offer you the same symptoms, let alone with alcohol added making things worse.

Your internal organs and basic functions need enough water.

Strong withdrawals, where things seem bad. Do simply freaking go to an ER. They will offer medication, benzodiazapines as an emergency. Which strong withdrawals are. You are at times close to a heart failure and or a seizure. A seizure can simply just make you die, that is partially why ERs give benzodiazapines. ERs see alcohol withdrawal all the time so they should not treat you any different than
they would any other patient. Except chronic alcohol binges and withdrawawl, they may seem to give you a slightly indifferent attitude, or may not. Because this is preventable.

You really have to take care of yourself.

Seek medicaid. You will be covered by actual insurance. If you need to go to an ER, you will be covered.
Get a primary care Dr. You will be covered by those who accept medicaid. You have to fully understand
that you can feel fairly OK, then an hour later things can just take a dive, worsening minute by minute.
Where you may be mostly helpless to seek attention for yourself when you or after you notice things are
far from manageable. Where things may seem really out of your control.

Sure a few drinks can set you straight very quickly. Always have a backup alcohol stash. If you just drink until it's gone, an emergency half-pint stash can surely get you through by drinking it as you feel necessary. And actually longer if you cannot get more alcohol. A steep slope from hard drinking to
minimal drinking to get by is better than just going from100% to 0%.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.