Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

T-Break Causing Insane Dreams

- Sat, 17 Aug 2019 07:35:56 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282403
File: 1566041756940.gif -(485150B / 473.78KB, 188x174) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. T-Break Causing Insane Dreams
Sup /hooch/,

First of all, fuck you, I'm not taking this to /dr/ because I actually want some replies, and this whole thing is directly related to alcohol.

I'm the OP of a few threads around here. I've been boozing it up for a lot of years. I've chronicled on /detox/ my efforts over the years to cut back on drinking (always met with eventual binging). But I won't stop trying!

I didn't drink last night or the night before, and have been trying to stay hydrated and eat healthy. My toe joints are still sore and my piss still foamy so I know my body isn't even close to detoxed yet but it is on the way.

I have been trying to just sleep a lot to avoid cravings, and avoid going and getting booze. It's worked okay for now, but goddamn I just had a series of the craziest dreams of my life. Normally my dreams are murky and I struggle to recall them, but the three of these were all vivid and still crystal clear in my mind's eye. I woke up quite stressed from each of them. I guess once my perpetually depressed CNS is unleashed it goes off the fucking rails. Keep in mind all 3 of these dreams occurred one after the other.

>Dream 1:

I am a colonial marine fighting xenomorphs. My squad and I are taking shots with our pulse rifles at a couple small ones, when the whole hive descends on us. I see my brothers-in-arms being impaled, ripped apart, limbs snapped, and run the fuck away. I head for some nearby rocky outcrop and find a tunnel network that leads me down to an underground cavern with a lake. I dive in the water and swim across the lake, somehow I managed to evade the aliens. While I cower in a dark corner a figure starts to approach me. I freak out and scream, it's one other soldier who made it to safety. "Holy shit I can't believe I found you!" they said.

I woke up from this with adrenaline coursing through me, had to take some deep breaths just to chill out.

>Dream 2:
I am with a group of strangers, who give off big time tweaker/druggie vibes. I feel unsafe and nervous around them. It is two men and two women. The women seem despondent, likely sex slaves. We are at some dirty drug den. One of the men suggests we start fucking the women, and I hesitate to agree. One of the women starts stripping naked and grabbing at my dick so I just go with it. I am banging this super hot chick and trying not to think about the STD's I will acquire, when the whole group all gives each other a knowing look. The chick I'm banging wants to stop. I can sense the group is planning to murder and rob someone. I don't want to participate. Maybe they are planning to murder me. I ask if I can get a ride, they say no. I struggle to collect my clothes (everyone's clothes were all mixed together) and stealthily leave this place. As I leave and start walking down the street I am suddenly approaching my mom's house where, thank god, my car is parked. However she is wearing a gas mask and BDU's and carrying a flamethrower, and is covered in (unignited) napalm. I feel a sense of pure horror as I realize some kind of crazy chemical warfare is breaking out.

I didn't wake up from this dream, but just snap into dream 3.

>Dream 3

Me and 3 good buddies are somewhere in the frozen north, maybe canada, riding snowmobiles along a snowy trail with the sides of the trail dropping into a slushy bank. We are going along shooting the shit when we come upon some ice. I remember asking one of my friends "Have you ever driven on ice before?" and we start chatting about it when we all slip and flip our snowmobiles over. We all get up and check if everyone is okay, everyone is fine. Then we hear a splash. We turn and notice a stream of water is on one of the banks of the trail, and one of our friends is wading around in it up to his knees. I feel a sense of panic and scream at him, "GET OUT OF THE WATER NOW!" He just chuckles and keeps stomping around when he slips and gets completely submerged. He breaks the surface and I can see the terror in his eyes. "DUDE GET OUT OF THE WATER!" I keep screaming. "I c-c-an't! It's t-t-too h-h-a-rd!" I go into survival mode and scan around the trees frantically, grab a big branch and hang my weight on it to snap it off. We all use the branch to pull him out of the water. I tell my friends "We need to make a fire RIGHT NOW or he is going to die." They all nod in agreement and we start rapidly collecting kindling.

Then I woke up. Holy shit, I can deal with the shakes, the sweating, the cravings, the irritability, all of it I can power through, but these dreams have me shook. How many more nights am I going to live through these horrors? I've quit and relapsed on alcohol over 20 times but this is the first time I've had a series of adrenaline inducing dreams. Anyone had an experience like this?

>tl;dr: alcoholic stops drinking, has stressful dreams
>>
Rebecca Cinderpitch - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 09:57:33 EST DaF8lssa No.282404 Reply
1566050253132.png -(315317B / 307.93KB, 772x323) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282403
I ain't reading all that shit bro take it to fucking /dr/
Whoa i stopped drinking and my dreams are more intense how craaaaazy
>>
John Sirringpotch - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:19:13 EST 7EJyFJS7 No.282407 Reply
>>282403
tl;dr, but yeah. No drinking = wild (usually unpleasant) dreams
>>
Sidney Willerlad - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:40:04 EST Yb+yXllU No.282408 Reply
>>282403
>My toe joints are still sore and my piss still foamy
what the ACTUAL fuck?
>>
Graham Clablingforth - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 20:25:42 EST 7EJyFJS7 No.282409 Reply
>>282408
LOLOL. It's just some decreased kidney function and gout. Actually kinda serious
>>
Frederick Drodgebat - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 00:29:37 EST A4Uyij72 No.282415 Reply
be careful you don't seize out.
>>
Clara Hossledit - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 15:34:21 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282433 Reply
>>282415

dont worry i got drunk the last 2 nights. im trying a "2 days drinking 3 days sober" pattern for now as i gradually taper
>>
Barnaby Bollerkene - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 00:31:15 EST XzI5v15K No.282447 Reply
>>282433
You would have to really cut back from usual high amounts overall. 2days drinking and two off would be safer. Or better, two days drink and two days off. Then two days drink then 3 days off. Over all cutting back the amounts while drinking would see best results. Otherwise it may be binge drinking for two three days, then cutting off totally, which may be somewhat hazardous, if one does not actually limit their overall intake to a considerable or reasonable degree.
>>
Shit Deshpone - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 00:50:23 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282448 Reply
>>282447

you are correct and i have taken these things into consideration. although i struggle to go for very many days without any alcohol, on the days that i do drink, it is better than it used to be. for a couple years i was drinking two 40's every night until i got severe gout and couldnt put any weight on one foot. now i am at the point where on days that i do drink, i have maybe 8 regular beers or 6 shots. it is improving. also i am sleeping more than i used to, giving my organs more time to process the poison. i am actually climbing out of this hole, very very slowly. tomorrow i am going to attempt a 7 day run. this is incremental progress.
>>
Barnaby Bollerkene - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 02:50:20 EST XzI5v15K No.282449 Reply
>>282448
Yea, I think beer causes gout (we call it (grout) more than other alcohols.
A couple of 40s isn't really that bad. But I do know drinking, and heavily
drinking. 8 regular beers isn't very bad. I found that even in heavy
drinking cutting back from two to one is easy to adjust two, even if
drinking daily. Just takes a night of restless sleep then one 40 I
found is defiantly enough, and wonder why I drank that or more
anyway. Yea you definitely not at really heavy drinking levels.

Yea if you can go without 7 days, by all means go for it.
i htink of it this way, if I haven't drank, for * few days, there
is always tomorrow. Then tomorrow, again, there is always
tomorrow. The keep going from there. I understand gout is
pretty painful.

Myself, I haven't drank for maybe a couple of months. I rarely
even think about it these days. Everything feels normal again.
Hobbies and active things are almost, not quite but almost
like before I got on this seemingly never ending kick.
Sleep isn't drinking to sleep, but sleeping to sleep.

Good luck on you ventures and hope your grout soon
gets well again.
>>
Edward Durringfire - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 00:02:38 EST FX+Xw3FX No.282468 Reply
Bullshit I want to have an aliens dream asshole.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.