Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Bars

- Mon, 19 Aug 2019 03:13:22 EST MxMbJkHY No.282420
File: 1566198802701.gif -(333476B / 325.66KB, 700x959) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Bars
How do you choose your bar for the night? For me, the default choice is usually just the close one. It's familiar, it's affordable, I know everybody. The young people hate it because they're prowling for hotties but that actually works fine for me because I'm low-key just there to get shitfaced and listen to the jukebox.

If I feel adventurous, I usually try a place I've never been before, but haven't done it in a while. They last new one was a great adventure but kind of dangerous, really divey blues house filled with older people but had the hardest fucking music. I have a few choices, a really upscale nightclub, a blues tavern, a rock bar, a chill lounge, or a tequila hut.

How should I choose, /hooch/? Should I go by reputation, general customer base or economics?
>>
Clara Hossledit - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 21:01:30 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282425 Reply
if im worried about economics ill do shots of cheap tequila in the dark alone

if im actually gonna go out to a bar, im doing it to have fun with the experience more than get cheap swill. so i have a few locations near me if i wanna do a dirty dive bar (usually my favorite), a classy speakeasy, underground bar packed with shitloads of people and loudass music, or more of a restaurant/bar hybrid. just depends on what sort of vibe im wanting.

however the #1 dealbreaker is rude-ass motherfucking bartenders. i have had multiple jobs where i have to work for tips. it's not even remotely difficult to greet a customer when they come in, speak to them in a polite manner, and check up on them occasionally. if they can't do these basic tasks i usually walk out. also if there are children i walk out. not trying to get my drink on and ogle at asses when there is a 4 year old running around
>>
Wesley Claylock - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:33:17 EST 51U8IY3F No.282426 Reply
>>282420
>They last new one was a great adventure but kind of dangerous
That's what you want IMO. Bars are garbage. They're good for getting booze if the liquor stores are closed. And they're fun if you've got money to burn for people watching. But divey dangerous bars are the best people watching. Which I think is the best part of bars.

Just be adventurous, and you'll have a good time. That's the best, dude. YOLO
>>
Cedric Chembleman - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 01:04:34 EST MxMbJkHY No.282428 Reply
>>282425
Don't want to drink alone, think you're spot on. Rude bartenders suck, even if they're just good people going through a thing. And never bring a fucking kid to a bar.

>>282426
I think you're right. I'll probably hit the rock bar because it's open late and can go after a usual trip somewhere else, but I may wait until it's cold enough to wear leathers.
>>
Shit Crapperkadge - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 01:20:31 EST 0s+ISH8a No.282429 Reply
>>282425

You don't tip enough if you think rude bartenders are the worst. If you are able befriend your rude bartender you're set. They already don't care what kind of service other people get or how much money the bar makes; which translates to you always getting service first and stiff drinks. I'm not talking about going out most Fridays for 3 or 4 drinks with your co workers, I'm talking getting sloshed 3 to 5 days a week at the same bars.

If you've really spent much time working for tips you know how far a good tip goes (throw your local bartender $20 or 30 a few times and figure it out for yourself). The most charismatic, bubbly, popular bartenders and the gruffest, rudest bartenders at the bars I spent time at all took me to their houses to sleep it off on their couch when I had way too much to drink.

TL;DR: You're not a very good tipper.
>>
Cedric Chembleman - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 04:56:04 EST MxMbJkHY No.282430 Reply
>>282429
I'll get back to you when I'm not selling my smile for free drinks.
>>
Clara Hossledit - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:18:16 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282431 Reply
>>282429

dude fuck off. im saying like if its my first time there, i have never paid there before, and they are rude for no reason. those people can eat my shit. im not going to bribe them to treat me with decency. i tip very generously if they can clear this very low bar i am setting. "lol u met a rude bartender? u must be cheap" yeah nah.
>>
Cedric Chembleman - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:59:54 EST MxMbJkHY No.282432 Reply
>>282431
I just never pretend to be more of a big shot than I am. I'm not gonna drop a $20 on a bartender if I'm just buying a few beers. I don't really care if they go milk some rich guy at the corner and take a little while to get back to me, more power to them, and I shouldn't be chugalugging that fast anyway.

Usually I spend my excess money on drinks for other patrons anyhow.
>>
Jack Necklened - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 00:47:55 EST OB4Ep4oQ No.282440 Reply
>>282432

ITT: People who will never drink after hours at the bar for free "because I'll never throw $20 at a bartender for a couple of beers." Also, people who have claimed to work for tips but don't seem to understand how far tipping goes.
>>
George Pockleforth - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 02:38:55 EST ZmMOOBMJ No.282441 Reply
>>282440
I've drank after hours at bars for free tons of times without tipping beyond the norm

turns out, if you're an interesting and kind person you don't need to bribe people to be your friend
>>
David Tillingbanks - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:25:06 EST PaDP+LlP No.282443 Reply
1566429906249.jpg -(56962B / 55.63KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282441

I don't know if I would try to be friends with a bartender, but I suppose if you see the same person often enough it would probably be difficult not to form some sort of social connection. I think it would be weird for a while knowing this person could/is probably being engaging and nice for tips, and would otherwise likely not care. I might be more inclined to befriend a potentially rude bartender because of the genuine nature of their interaction.

There were a few bars in town where I lived for a little while, but I'd usually go to this one really small bar where the owner was super friendly and awesome. Most of my friends who went out drinking usually preferred going there. I've gone alone a couple of times, but it's always lame since everybody else is always there with a group. Gnomean? I'm not normally extroverted enough to go to a bar solo and easily make friends with strangers.
>>
Hugh Dizzledotch - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:02:50 EST MxMbJkHY No.282444 Reply
>>282443
There is a professional distance I guess, but sometimes I just click, plus I'd love to bartend if I weren't so crazy.
>>
Cornelius Noblingcocke - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:19:56 EST d90O1eID No.282445 Reply
>>282443
I've had friends that bartend, and I leave them alone at work. They like a visit, and might give me a free shot or whatever. But it's a job, I don't expect free shit, and I don't bother them past closing, when they're just trying to GTFO.

Then again, those are popular bars where the city is strict with licensing, so there's not any kind of afterparty situation. I've heard about fun times in the boonies past closing. That sounds nice.

I've read that in Ireland, it's really common to stay in the bar after ir's officially "closed" and the door is locked. Sounds like a good time. Good craic, as they'd say.
>>
Shit Deshpone - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:56:13 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282446 Reply
>>282440

dude, you retarded faggot. i am criticizing poor service which occurs prior to a tipping opportunity.
>>
Ronnie Safteyplain - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:50:28 EST Q2uVyQgq No.282457 Reply
Why not go on a bar tour? Have a drink or a few at each. I will typically start somewhere fancy then work my way down to dank old dives, but it could be fun to go in reverse order. I guess it all comes down to personal preference
>>
Cyril Worthingridge - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:34:56 EST xUh8QHqM No.282489 Reply
>>282420
There was a small bar called the Jam Inn. It had a reputation for being wild but I never experienced that. It was one of those little places that did almost no business and you know it only stayed alive because of the biker gang that kept it alive. Those are the bars I like, the ones that are quiet but can get wild, the kind where you'll get a pool stick broken over your head if you step out of line but if you're cool you can have a good night. I'd go there on LSD and just sit and talk about life with the bartender, good memories really.

The more populated ones are just too full of trouble. Too many people literally trying to pick fights. I just want to take some buddies to shoot pool at a very low skill level and mind my own business. Just loud enough that I can talk without everyone hearing my business, but still talk.
>>
Edward Harrygold - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 04:23:28 EST 1rdNxNsp No.282498 Reply
>>282489
I fucking hate fights, man

The big problem I'm having now is that my fabled alcohol tolerance has returned, and the new fathom isn't set. I don't get drunk quick anymore, so it's gonna get pricier. Good for them.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.