Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

- Sat, 07 Sep 2019 18:32:53 EST DeXHkgaD No.282596
File: 1567895573898.jpg -(32960B / 32.19KB, 936x936) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome
How do you plan to not end up a wet brain in your later years? This scares me because I can see myself getting there.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel /hooch/
>>
Fucking Clumblestodge - Sat, 07 Sep 2019 22:49:07 EST DeXHkgaD No.282603 Reply
1567910947261.jpg -(999195B / 975.78KB, 3024x4032) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>282601

I got this supplement and started taking it. Apparently wet brain happens when the body doesn't get vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and B12. Hopefully my body absorbs the supplement. Been watching wet brain videos and it scares the shit out of me
>>
Sophie Sibblewodging - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 16:21:57 EST 4H/9l7bZ No.282615 Reply
>mitigate intake frequency

take days off during the week. drinking every day is bad. give your organs a rest

>hydrate

duh, needs no explanation

>fruits n veggies, also lipids

look up cofactors for bioavailability

>SLEEP

your organs do most detoxing while asleep. sleep is super critical to process the booze

>multivitamin

take one a day, especially the day after drinking
>>
Edward Pockstone - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:08:23 EST LsjIpRo7 No.282638 Reply
I take a strong B complex (25mg thiamine, 25mg riboflavin, 25mg niacin, 10mg pyridoxine, 200micrograms folic acid, 100mcg b12) plus 100mg thiamine every day if I remember. Main cause of wernicke-korsakoff is lack of B vits. If you drink every day you definitely need to take supplements, especially if you're not eating properly.
>>
Nigel Fanhall - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 22:27:00 EST xUh8QHqM No.282641 Reply
I drink in moderation, I drink expensive stuff so I don't guzzle it, and I spend a lot of energy and effort perfecting my diet every day. I also read, do mathematics, journaling, whatever I can to sharpen the axe. If I started to drink cheap shit on a daily basis, then I guess I'd be submitting to that life and I'd have to cope with being more of a bumbling fool as time goes on, which isn't so bad anyways.. I feel like as long as I don't get too ugly (socially) then it's okay to lose my mind a little bit. It's like I knew this old lady who went into full blown alzheimer's, but nobody really minded because she was still as sweet as can be, that's the goal right there. If I'm going to lose my mind and be a pain in everyone's ass too, just put a bullet in me
>>
Shit Hidgewell - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 03:41:41 EST ++nf25/N No.282645 Reply
>>282638
>Main cause of wernicke-korsakoff is lack of B vits. If you drink every day you definitely need to take supplements,

Alcohol depletes vitamins very bad. B12 complex vitamins are most important. There seems to be consensus that the 'syndrome' actually starts to develop, or starts its process when one binge drinks or is a ongoing alcoholic, and the causes of the syndrome 'starts when you stop drinking. Not 'just' by lack of vitamins while drinking, but starts when
you discontinue drinking.

Like it creates a toxic effect in the brain and B-vitamins combats this process from becoming active after one discontinues heavy alcohol usage.

Important as well, green leafy vegetables help the body absorb B-12 Thiamine etc vitamins Alcohol on it's own actually blocks B-12 complex vitamins, and the processes that are needed to process these nutrients. As well, for some time after drinking.
>>
Edward Brerringgold - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:59:54 EST Ktx5U+KL No.282651 Reply
>>282645
So you are saying that if you are an alcoholic you are fucked even if you quit drinking? You guys are scaring the shit out of me.
>>
Edward Pockstone - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:34:36 EST LsjIpRo7 No.282652 Reply
>>282651
>alcoholic Korsakoff syndrome[...]If treated quickly, it may be possible to prevent the development of AKS with thiamine treatments. This treatment is not guaranteed to be effective and the thiamine needs to be administered adequately in both dose and duration. A study on Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome showed that with consistent thiamine treatment there were noticeable improvements in mental status after only 2–3 weeks of therapy.[4] Thus, there is hope that with treatment Wernicke encephalopathy will not necessarily progress to WKS.

I'm a pharm tech and I see maintenance vitamin prescribing for alcoholics, they normally give thiamine normally 50-100mg once or twice a day plus a vitamin B complex two or three times a day. They do this not just during detox but long term afterwards, so maybe there's some truth to that, or maybe they just do it in case they relapse. Basically take yer fuckin vitamins, especially thiamine. I take 125mg a day but I should maybe take more. Best thing would be to get regular blood tests but that means getting into the whole going to the doctor and admitting you're an alcoholic thing. Plus here in the UK unless I wanna pay out the ass that means going to my assigned doctor (whose office employs me as a pharm tech) so yeah that's not happening if I want to keep my job. AFAIK there's no toxic dose of thiamine so you might as well take a shit ton of it, you'll just piss out the extra.
>>
Rebecca Puffingbet - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 03:19:15 EST K/yG8uCP No.282656 Reply
>>282652
>AFAIK there's no toxic dose of thiamine so you might as well take a shit ton of it,

B-12 vitamin complex, on top of a multivatims, taking B-12 three times a day is just right for helping with alcohol issues that are kinda high. My opinion, I would not take more than the body can probabally deal with.

If you ever noticed, you can pee clear all day lone, and take a B-12 and you urine wile likely be a kinda forecourt color, or very yellow. Just a mere hour or two after taking B-12 vitamins. So it does go through ones system pretty fast.

>I take 125mg a day but I should maybe take more.

I have my own idea about taking vitamins, especially b-12 vitamins, and vitamin-c. Eating as well , to give nutrients where and when you could benefit most. It's juts not drinking. but getting in tune with ones body. You body will eventually make you feel if you need to adjust vitamins/minerals. As well, what food you eat would, I guess, would place the nutrients where they are most beneficial at any given time. Like if one were a long distance runner, surely nutrients are learned by the body to place nutrients to benefit the runners endurance and momentum. As well, what foods help
place nutrients into order, to places that most help the individual.

On that note, I do believe, the body learns pretty quickly when drikining where b-12 vitamins need to go just by default.
>>
Basil Bardspear - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 06:46:53 EST beWR+e4j No.282679 Reply
All this talk about B12 is why I have an energy drink as part of my hangover regimen.
They generally have vitamins C, B3, B6 and B12, and while caffeine is not the best thing to drink in the morning, it's all a matter of the order of things.

Glass of water.
Preferably another glass of water.
Food (my personal favorite: roast beef, pickles, horseradish, more horseradish)
Another glass of water
15 minutes

And then you're not dehydrated and your stomach isn't empty, so then you can have an energy drink, cigarette and/or painkiller.
>>
Cedric Worthingwell - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:15:40 EST lonDjAC3 No.282685 Reply
>>282679
isn't better to just have a multivitamin tablet plus a standard cup of coffe? That way you avoid sugar, sweeteners, food coloring and other processed shit that come along energy drinks
>>
Charles Bronnerworth - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:12:11 EST D9T8RFGQ No.282693 Reply
>>282685
Try to avoid the "processed=evil" fallacy.
Plenty of artificial things are good for you or at least neutral, and plenty of natural substances can kill you.
>>
Jenny Honeyworth - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 04:23:05 EST 3WB/paxa No.282710 Reply
>>282693
so you're telling me that poppin a multivitamin soluble tablet + glass of water and an espresso/ginseng is less savory than say having a can of ultra-sugary energy drink Well...
>>
Phyllis Blackworth - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 05:18:03 EST nkRyLDwb No.282711 Reply
>>282710
I'm telling you that a) the difference is less than you think and a single energy drink isn't going to act as a chemical weapon formulated by the Man, and b) it's always true that there's an objectively healthiest solution but why the fuck do you think not literally every human on the planet is eating a tailored diet?

You're fucking hysterical about not only how sacrosanct your own body supposedly is, but about how other people constantly need to be feeling guilt about not doing the same.

No one fucking wants a multivitamin and a kale drink when they're hungover.
They want something that tastes good and makes them feel good, because right now they're feeling like shit.
And they're a human being - of course they're going to obey their body telling them what it wants instead of a shrill hippy demanding abstinence and self-sacrifice of others on the Internet so he feels there's some purpose to a kind of martyrdom that can be likened to a fourteen-year-old cutting themselves with a bike key.

Everyone
literally
fucking
knows
they're not living the healthiest life possible.

It's not because they're lost lambs who need the oh-so-important and enlightened you to guide them.
It's not because they're "slaves to the Man" or opposing you actively.
It's not because they're actively malicious, taking joy in ruining their bodies because they know it'll piss you and only you off.

It's because each human is a living being of their own, who is not born to follow your convoluted First-World political opinions created by growing up in a far too safe and idle society and realizing you can't change anything.

Can't people have their fucking hangover cure in peace anymore without being hassled by someone going "OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING YOU'RE POISONING YOURSELF AND OTHERS AND WORSHIPING THE MAN", says the man who buys organic products at thrice the normal price, enjoys them half as much and dispels his doubt at where that money goes ("The Man", who's laughing his ass off at people who oppose corporations paying them big bucks) by shitting on other people for DARING to have their own preferences when they're hungover as shit.

Don't you have more Earth-friendly things to do than go on the Internet and support the Man?
Maybe you should go work at a farm for a few years, not an industrial one but the "organic" ones you idolize, and then you can come out five years later filled with respect for the human ingenuity and culture that allows us to make things that make ourselves happy instead of diffusing a pent-up self-hate into betraying your own species and demanding its mass sacrifice in the name of chia-munching yuppies and fictional trees/foster children used for cheap pathos by an entirely for-profit "charity".

You'd understand why it's people who're actually from the country and have actually lived your ideal "back to the roots" lifestyle.
Because people who depend on each other in a rural society realize that they're in it together and that the happiness of people is what matters, not how much you can "show up" every other smarmy yuppie you secretly hate by going to Pilates more.

Fuck your backhandedly selfish, martyrdom-dripping holier-than thou worldview.
Not everything is a fucking contest to look the most victimized or enlightened, and the reason you're posting shit like that on the Internet is because you're scared of it being wrong.
And it is, because in the end humanity has to put humanity first. It's in our genes, it's ingrained into our society and only recently have *corporations* who make money on ideological nutters' spending sprees tried to force humanity to put the gun to its own head.
We're not made to fulfill your pipe dream of a world where everyone drinks vitamin formulations and nibbles organic hawthorn snacks when they really want to cut loose (and maybe they even - wow - have sugar and not stevia in them).
Why?
Because the rest of us need to be full and happy and satisfied too and it's not just you with your absurd self-justified victim delusion who has the right to command us to stop having something that's technically on an absurdly low level "bad for you" but still makes people happy.

I hate you and everything you stand for, and on the ridiculous off-chance this doesn't fit on you it fits on some other post-postmodern ball of ennui whose only pleasure is shitting in other people's cereal, so fuck it.
>>
Matilda Smallman - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:42:53 EST xUh8QHqM No.282712 Reply
for the record, energy drinks taste bad and that is an objective truth
>>
Nell Haffingchut - Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:23:49 EST A2gxY4R0 No.282714 Reply
>>282711
It's you that started claiming that energy drinks are good for the fucking vitamins. Didn't even mentioned the "good" taste, you just listed the vitamins they supposedly contain. And as the anon above said, they actually taste like shit and that's a fact.
Just lay off the monster ultra and go take your meds ya deranged psycho lmfao
>>
Hannah Seddlefuck - Wed, 18 Sep 2019 00:41:51 EST ZmMOOBMJ No.282723 Reply
>>282712
yeah but so did booze until you hammered enough in you to get addiction style stockholm syndrome
>>
Nell Duckham - Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:17:55 EST xUh8QHqM No.282728 Reply
>>282723
nah, Jack Daniels will never taste good to me
I'm not saying you're wrong about the stockholm syndrome and that's kind of a funny way to look at it. But I used to like energy drinks for the same reason. I went on a diet of clean eating, and now the energy drinks I used to like taste disgusting and single malt scotch whiskey, and bourbon, taste fantastic. I'm not saying the addiction bias isn't there. But certain mass produced things still taste awful and I can taste the quality in better whiskeys
>>
Albert Dasslefield - Wed, 18 Sep 2019 18:12:01 EST Ktx5U+KL No.282732 Reply
>>282596
If I have a wet brain, so does that mean when I sleep my mind will make me have wet dreams? Because the brain contains the mind and it is soaking wet.
>>
Samuel Drinningspear - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 02:36:19 EST AGbKKD5M No.282746 Reply
>>282732
A dry brain is infinitely more concerning than a hydrated brain
>>
Hugh Blottingdock - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:32:10 EST ayQ9BFcB No.282749 Reply
>>282714
He made a good post and you're so BTFO'd and defensive that you couldn't just let a good post stand on its own. Everyone can see that your selfish. If you disagree with what he said then you could just not respond. It doesn't affect you. But what he said is something good and doesn't need detractors. This is something that you can't possibly understand beyond how it feels to be directed at. I think a lot his points ought to be stickied.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.