Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Withdrawal

- Wed, 13 May 2020 20:39:44 EST QCRAZz4s No.284290
File: 1589416784033.png -(310263B / 302.99KB, 575x434) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Withdrawal
How long were you drinking before you started to experience withdrawal?
I've been drinking heavily off and on for about 8 years, since the virus I have been drinking a lot more. Today I tried to detox a little and experienced rapid heart beat, anxiety and mild tremors, so I had a few drinks and it all went away. I think it might have been the beginning stages of withdrawal. Anyone else that has also gone through this that can provide some insight?
>>
Wesley Fomblegold - Wed, 13 May 2020 20:51:41 EST DaF8lssa No.284291 Reply
>>284290
Yep sounds like withdrawal
Welcome
jk it fucking sucks
>>
Walter Lightforth - Fri, 22 May 2020 14:06:21 EST cp8W0lAQ No.284324 Reply
Definitely sounds like withdrawals. I started drinking at ~16, getting homeless people at the bus station to buy me a pint. Did this through out the summer, and then didn't have a source for about 1 year. Then I started crashing at a couple of 21 yo friends houses Friday and Saturday night. Drank then, too, but often times took L 1 night instead. When I was 18, first day of college, friend hooked me up with a (real) fake ID. Bought liquor for friends frequently and always had some in stock for myself, but usually only drank smaller amounts (5 drinks or less) on Friday/saturday... Then, because my lazy ass didn't want to go get some water, about 1/2 way thru my freshman year, I started hitting the cold 40 oz in my fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink because it was fucking refreshing until I woke up in the AM, and just got into the habit of drinking cold beer instead of water to wet my palate. I don't remember EVER drinking fuckin' water that first year. Which was dumb. I don't really remember the summer before my sophomore year, but I remember going home and don't remember drinking that much over that summer due to my ID getting confiscated. idk if I had w/ds at all? But I do remember that I had a serious craving to drink by the beginning of sophomore year and I had little control over that, so I'd go to my regular liquor store just about every day and picked up MGD and E&J. Dropped out and moved home and was still drinking every night after I moved home. Would drink 20-30 solo cups on nights that I could go to a double/triple kegger. Must've had some withdrawals then, but really only had strong cravings at that point. THEN I turned 21. Definitely started getting more noticable physical withdrawals at that point, but I'd have to stay sober for the work day, and I'd black out every night watching Wonder Years or Trailer Park Boys. Then, started working less, and, when I moved back home again, I got into the habit of hairing the dog. 3 months after I started with that, I started getting REALLY NOTICIBLE withdrawls and I'd just drink all the way thru the day, heavier in afternoons and at night. Within ~2 years of waking up and drinking I'd be getting D/Ts and shit, which would get a little bit better after moving to a state that had standard booze taxes, and every time I'd go to rehab, the w/ds would be pretty terrible (librium made it a bearable) But, within a really short period of time, the w/ds would come back. It's been pretty much a year due to legal issues (being locked up) and, not wanting to get caught drinking due to the law and family pressure (It's illegal for me to drink RN, which didn't stop me before, but I was living on my own) in a couple of days, I've got my last court date. It'll be interesting to see what happens, because if I don't get house arrest, I'm buying a handle and getting a 30 case. If I get house arrest: I'm getting a handle and a 30 case right after it's over.
>>
Ian Grandstock - Sat, 23 May 2020 04:12:09 EST jzPnmQNQ No.284327 Reply
>>284324

Best of luck to you bro. Don't get a handle and a 30 case.

If you do it you are fucking your own life up. Withdrawal is a real thing especially considering drinkers like us. I just came off of 3 days of withdrawal and broke down and got drunk. Been drinking a lot for years.

You're wanting to rush back in to a fuck load of drinking but you're forgetting about the anxiety, death feeling of being hungover, shaking anxiety, for days when you try to stop. When you haven't been drinking for a while but see a friend and get wasted, then a month disappears. You haven't been drinking since you've been in jail.... once you aren't on parole just smoke weed and don't keep alcohol.
>>
william maynard garver - Sat, 23 May 2020 23:33:17 EST o78ijmkb No.284330 Reply
>>284324
not an alcoholic myself but i grew up around it and one of my closest childhood friends has such severe alcoholism he was able to get put on klonopins for maintenance since hes got too much organ damage to drink now.

i just want you to know that i read your story and i hope the best for you, go to a meeting man, i dont tell people that often but you really need one.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.